What is Your Ht/Wt & Size Clothing?

Options

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    5'1.5", 115 lbs, size 0/1 or XS. I can fit a kids 14 quite well for pants (narrow hips).

Vanity sizing is real -- my measurements are pretty much what they were when I graduated high school 28 years ago, but back then I wore a 5/6.

Yes, the sizing is very different now. I'm 20lbs heavier than in high school (early 90s), my measurements are a couple inches bigger now. Wore a size 9/10 back then (5'6, 125-130ish). I wear a size 6 now (5'7, 147 currently).

I'll likely be a size 2 at my favorite store at goal. And that's the smallest they carry (outside of the petites section, which I am not). I feel for the women who are more slender, yet not petite in height, than me. Where the heck do they shop (assuming mid/low priced casual wear) , now that they've been "pushed" out of the new standard of sizing?

This actually happened to me when I got down to 35" hips. I'm 5'9" and Gap pants are a good length for me, but for awhile the sizes got so big that I was in a double-aught, it felt like being sized out of existence. And was absolutely ridiculous, because 35" isn't that small, I was an absolutely reasonable adult size, not very small, just slim for my height. I still wore size S/M underwear, not XS/S, even at the same store!

That was a couple of years ago at the height of the vanity sizing. They have pulled back since then, and I have gotten a little bigger (1" increase in circumference), and am closer now to a size 4 with 36" hips, which makes a LOT more sense. I still think I'd be a size 9 or so in the past though.
  • fitnama
    fitnama Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

we get too obsessed with size

• dagost17
    dagost17 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale but last time I weighed I was 115-117. I'm 5'2 32-26-36.

Misses - tops & dresses -xs, dress pants - 2, jeans 4
    Juniors - tops M-L, Pants - 5-7
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    260 lbs
    Size 22 bottoms (bit loose in the waist now)
    XL or 1X tops depending on brand

When I was at 316 pounds I was in size 28 jeans and that was pushing it.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    5'1.5", 115 lbs, size 0/1 or XS. I can fit a kids 14 quite well for pants (narrow hips).

Vanity sizing is real -- my measurements are pretty much what they were when I graduated high school 28 years ago, but back then I wore a 5/6.

Yes, the sizing is very different now. I'm 20lbs heavier than in high school (early 90s), my measurements are a couple inches bigger now. Wore a size 9/10 back then (5'6, 125-130ish). I wear a size 6 now (5'7, 147 currently).

I'll likely be a size 2 at my favorite store at goal. And that's the smallest they carry (outside of the petites section, which I am not). I feel for the women who are more slender, yet not petite in height, than me. Where the heck do they shop (assuming mid/low priced casual wear) , now that they've been "pushed" out of the new standard of sizing?

This actually happened to me when I got down to 35" hips. I'm 5'9" and Gap pants are a good length for me, but for awhile the sizes got so big that I was in a double-aught, it felt like being sized out of existence. And was absolutely ridiculous, because 35" isn't that small, I was an absolutely reasonable adult size, not very small, just slim for my height. I still wore size S/M underwear, not XS/S, even at the same store!

That was a couple of years ago at the height of the vanity sizing. They have pulled back since then, and I have gotten a little bigger (1" increase in circumference), and am closer now to a size 4 with 36" hips, which makes a LOT more sense. I still think I'd be a size 9 or so in the past though.

I also found Gap has gotten rid of vanity sizing. My hips are 37 inches and I fit into a 6, which seems reasonable.
  • tiredperson19
    tiredperson19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'3
    120-125lbs
    size US 00-1 for women's pants or 28/30 for men's pants, size small shirts
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    5'5" 180-185, 38-31-41, large frame, muscular! size medium in yoga pants, shorts, etc. with room for my quads. Size 10 in any jeans that will fit my quads. Women's L shirt. I have 26 1/2 inch quads so that makes it hard to buy clothes.
  • shizmcnally
    shizmcnally Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 170 lbs. I wear a small in tops, sometimes a medium, size 8 pants or a 30 in jeans.
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2. weigh 147. I have a 40 inch waste, and a 45 inch hip. I think I need size 12 pants, But not sure. i'm going to the store tues and plan on trying a few pairs on. When I first started loosing weight I was trying to keep myself in the right size pants, but gave up. the last ones I bought were 16/17. Med sweat pants hang on me now. 35 pounds makes alot of difference. I probably need to do something to reduce my waist. But the walking we're doing is still wearing me out.
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So 5 2' 147 pounds is size 12. Found a nice pair of pants this morning. That makes me down from size 18 to size 12 in 4-5 monthes. Yay.
    I am 5'2. weigh 147. I have a 40 inch waste, and a 45 inch hip. I think I need size 12 pants, But not sure. i'm going to the store tues and plan on trying a few pairs on. When I first started loosing weight I was trying to keep myself in the right size pants, but gave up. the last ones I bought were 16/17. Med sweat pants hang on me now. 35 pounds makes alot of difference. I probably need to do something to reduce my waist. But the walking we're doing is still wearing me out.

• christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    5'10 150lb wear M for tops and size 10 on bottom in jeans but they are curvehuggers which are smaller in waist and bigger in bum so probably a 12 in reality that's if I can get jeans to fit long legs 33½ inside leg.
  • 1stgardengirl
    1stgardengirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on the store because of vanity sizing. I'm 5'7", weigh 164, but carry more weight in my upper body (43-29-39). Size six pants in most stores (size 4 in stores with vanity sizing), size medium or small tops, depending on the cut. Medium or size 8 jackets because of upper body measurements. Same with dresses - depends on cut of the upper portion of the garment. When I was younger I wore larger sizes at this weight, but I'm doing weekly weight training, which has really impacted inches lost.
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    5'4" 185lbs I recently moved from 1X to L blouses! I also recently moved from size 16 jean to size 12! They are pretty tight, but getting looser each week!
  • Chenry18
    Chenry18 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    5'5 114 lbs, size 0-2, 25/26 waist
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thought I'd update since I gained weight.

I'm 5'4", 142 pounds (up from 128/130). I wear size small shirts, about a 6 in pants, and size 4 dresses. Sizes haven't changed much even with a 10 lb gain as I've been weight training hard. Typically I wear designer jeans and that's where I notice the biggest difference. I was fitting in 26 and 27's (in. waist) before and now I'm more like 27 and 28's.
  • TriniDiva_PA
    TriniDiva_PA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10; 166 lbs; size 8 pant/medium tops B)
  • sliminby60
    sliminby60 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 253 pounds size 22 dress and top and pant because of large stomach without stomach might could wear 18
  • seayemily100
    seayemily100 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    US sizes. I'm 5'5 and 140 pounds. Usually 7-8 in pants I'm not sure if I've gone down at all. Medium to large in shirts. Medium to large in dresses and I'm not sure last time I checked was 11 but I weighed 170 so I don't know. Sorry, hope I helped! I kind of have a big frame too.
  • girlonfire10
    girlonfire10 Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    See my corrected post below... Because I'm computer illiterate and don't know how to delete a post I wrote and wanted to change
  • girlonfire10
    girlonfire10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    Dreysander wrote: »
    Ugh it's so frusterating to me that people my height and weight are so much smaller than I am.
    Do not get frustrated.. I know I don't anymore!!! EVERYONE has different body types. You can have very similar women with the same height but have different body shapes and sizes. Just love the body you were born with. Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm so over it I refuse to do that anymore.

5'5"
    Was 123 size 6 and medium tops...
    Always shaped like a pear...
    Started running and lifting weights now I'm....
    134 size 2/4 XS/small tops
    Now have an athletic build...
    Very surprised how my body shaped changed with exercise.