Over 200 New Year New Me Part 49

Options

Replies

• cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    ok Momma Im in....thanks for reeling me in...I prob wont check in except on fridays though

Hugs

Cris

PS- HEATHER U ARE AMAZING! CONGRATS ON UR RUN!!! NEW RECORD! WHOOP WHOOOP!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Oh I wont set my goal prob until Friday depending on where I am weight wise :tongue:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yay so does that make 3 of us willing to set these goals?

Glad to see ya Cris and I will take seeing you every Friday I miss you
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm in Momma24! I have 2 weeks of vacations in July so will need some motivation to stay on track.

I would like to lose 4 pounds between June 24th and July 22nd

My weekly goal
    1 pound per week
    at least 240 minutes of cardio and 60 minutes of weights per week
    at least 90 ounces of water everyday
    eat more vegetables!
  • Momma24
    Options
    Yay more people. Let's stick to this girls we can do it.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Sherry: You're absolutely adorable and you have me hooked!

Cris: Set a goal we'll see you on Fridays! I agree with Sherry that once is week is better than not seeing you at all!

Okay, this might be a bit aggressive, but I'm setting a goal of 6.8 lbs. lost between June 24 and July 22nd. I say aggressive because the weight loss is pretty slow since I'm getting close to my goal weight. (Did I really just say that??) This means 1.7 lbs. per week to get me down to 170 and within 20 lbs. of goal.

My weekly goal:
    1.7 lbs. per week
    Running a minimum of once weekly
    Two strength training sessions weekly

Hold me accountable, ladies!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm in Momma! Thanks for the added focus. Like Cris, I'll set my goals this Friday.

While I'm here, checking in for the weekend:

Friday:
    Cals - Crazy over. Went out with some sorority sisters I haven't seen in 9 years and we had WINE and FUN!! I didnt' get home until 3:40 a.m.! HAHAHAHAHA!
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - Walked 30 min
    Proud - Had a ton of fun with old friends!

Saturday:
    Cals - Over...someone might have picked up a pint of pistachio ice cream and lost her ability to stop eating on the way home...
    Water - 40 oz - NEEDED MORE
    Exercise - Walked for 30 min
    Proud - Eh....didn't pick up TWO ice creams?!?!

Sunday:
    Cals - Under with exercise! Hallelujah! 1465
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - Walked 30 min
    Proud - Rediscovered portion control!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Count me in next month, Momma! :smile:
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Sherry - LOVE IT!!! I am TOTALLY IN!

I'll check in later with my goals :)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Momma-Thanks for the update on blue! :flowerforyou:

I'm in for the challenge. Let me brainstorm on my goals tonight and I'll post them tomorrow!
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    I need to think about a realistic, actionable goal for this - will probably wait until Friday's weigh-in.
  • Momma24
    Options
    Great it looks like a lot of us are going to do this. The reason I set my goal so high 2 lbs a week is I am no where near my goal still well over 200 pounds there is no reason why I can't lose 2 pounds a week for at least the first few weeks of really trying hard. So YAY we are going to do this. Don't forget to post your goals on Friday then each Friday after that keeping us updated on where we stand goal wise. I knew you would all start rallying around.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got a hold of Nancy (blue) her 85 yo father fell and broke his shoulder, arm, and elbow about a month ago. She said she has been on a roller coaster from hell this last month trying to get some answers for her dad. She is now caring for him full time and she has just been so busy and frightened by all that is going on with him. She says to tell you all that she loves you and she will get back as soon as she can but right now it is just impossible.

I really feel for Nancy. We're going through something very similar with my 87 year old grandmother right now. She fell last Tuesday and hasn't been doing well at all. :frown:
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am in on the challenge!

My goals are:
    1.5 lbs/week, total 6 lbs
    Minimum 3 of my 24oz water bottles/day
    Exercise (50/50) 6 days/week

One caveat: I am on a jr. high mission trip starting Friday afternoon. I will be trying to track food on my Droid, but no community. I will be back by noon, July 1, so will be a bit late on my updates. Since I asked the pastor to put me on a team with physical labor :tongue: - I am hoping that it will meet my exercise needs!

Thanks for setting this up Momma - I think that it will keep us all motivated.
  • ladeb
    Options
    Check in for Monday:

Calories: under by 34, but not really healthy
    Water: 64 oz +
    Exercise: Hour with PT
    Proud: Went to Jr. High event tonight and just drank my water bottle!
  • ladeb
    Options
    Count me in next month, Momma! :smile:

I think if you were counted in this month, you would definitely hit a great weight loss - once that little gal is out!:wink:
  • ladeb
    Options
    I'm in Momma! Thanks for the added focus. Like Cris, I'll set my goals this Friday.

While I'm here, checking in for the weekend:

Friday:
    Cals - Crazy over. Went out with some sorority sisters I haven't seen in 9 years and we had WINE and FUN!! I didnt' get home until 3:40 a.m.! HAHAHAHAHA!
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - Walked 30 min
    Proud - Had a ton of fun with old friends!

Saturday:
    Cals - Over...someone might have picked up a pint of pistachio ice cream and lost her ability to stop eating on the way home...
    Water - 40 oz - NEEDED MORE
    Exercise - Walked for 30 min
    Proud - Eh....didn't pick up TWO ice creams?!?!

Sunday:
    Cals - Under with exercise! Hallelujah! 1465
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - Walked 30 min
    Proud - Rediscovered portion control!
    Nice to see I am not the only one who enjoyed the weekend, exercised through it and was up to posting it! Weigh to go!
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    Yesterday's check-in:

Calories: 113 under
    Water: 80 ounces
    Sodium: 480 under
    Exercise: 1 hour of personal training
    Proud: my trainer said I had "grit" when I pushed through the pain and did more than he thought I could. I was also glad I didn't come anywhere close to feeling like I'd be sick.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    ladeb - Glad my crazy weekend looked a bit familiar!

Checking in for Monday:
    Cals - Over - 1858. DANG YOU COOKIE CAKE! We started our summer growth group last night. It's a dinner group so we'll be making a meal together each week. Last night our dessert person brought in a cookie cake, and well...poor choices abound.
    Water - 80 oz - YEAH!!
    Exercise - The usual 20 min walking + rushing around cleaning the house (which will now be every Monday!)
    Proud - Minus the cookie cake, dinner was a well-balanced meal (salad, roasted potatoes, flank steak) and our first group went really well.