290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow what an inspiring story! You look amazing! I really love MFP. It is a great tool for weight loss. I hope to be where you are by the years end! One day at a time :)

Thank you so much Vanessa. Yeah, isn't MFP a great tool? I use it to track everything food related; not just calories. The nutrition breakdown has really helped me recognize the areas where I was lacking nutrients so I adjusted my diet accordingly to fill in the gaps. Best wishes with your goal... one day at a time indeed (especially during the beginning). After a while, hopefully healthy habits will form and you'll be "off to the races".
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Congratulations!! This is great news, and it's very inspiring! These kinds of stories keep me going. :smile:

Thanks FMTC! Interesting username haha! I'm so glad you're inspired. In hindsight it was easy-peasy but... I do remember some difficult days to be sure! If you can get past those tough days without doing too much damage you'll succeed at whatever you're doing! Best wishes and keep on keepin' on! (Sorry... "Joe Dirt" movie flashback lol)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    YAAAAAAASSSS. You look amazing! Congratulations.

Haha thank IeCreamHeadaches! I feel great that's for sure! Good luck with your goals; I see you're halfway to your first mini goal. Like you, I (inadvertently)set mini goals and also like you I thought I'd be happy with my weight at each mini goal BUT... for some reason I kept going until I reached a healthy BMI. In hindsight, continuing to lose weight until I reached that healthy zone was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Please NEVER sell yourself short... you can achieve that second, third, fourth mini goal. Keep at it until you reach that healthy zone, you won't regret it!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    This is awesome!!!!!! Congratulations! You look wonderful! I am sure you feel so much better on the inside because outside you look great!

Thank you so much Faith. I suppose I feel more confident but honestly "fit and healthy" probably best describes it. Being very overweight my entire adult life, "this", being average size is still very new to me and I'm trying to enjoy life to its' fullest now! Thanks again :smile:
  • atinspecky
    atinspecky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this.. coz it has only been my 2nd day... and i feel terrible...
  • munty285
    munty285 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This post is incredibly inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations! This was the perfect thing to read on day 1 of my journey. I tend to get overwhelmed with how much I need to lose, but your method of setting smaller goals will surely alleviate that feeling. Congrats again :)
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congrats very awesome and inspiring!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    staceyw37 wrote: »
    Excellent news! and always appreciate reading success stories. especially like that yours was to the point--it's up to us to do it

I'm glad you appreciated the story Stacey! It really is up to the individual isn't it. We all encounter stress or other triggers that make us reach for food but, in the end, we're the ones making the choices. If we can control our cravings we'll be successful; it's really that simple! Best wishes hitting your own goal!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You rock!!!

Haha thank you SunshineNixon! It was my pleasure to share :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You do truly look 15-20 years younger. I lost 55 pounds over 18 months almost a year ago. I'm maintaining now, but always love to read success stories! They help motivate me to keep doing what I'm doing. Kudos to you for putting yourself out there and sharing with all of us. It is very inspiring to many and it will help you too. We all need support because look around there are a lot of unhealthy people all around us. And sometimes well meaning family members or friends say very unsupportive things without realizing it. Sometimes they may feel guilty that they aren't doing something to improve their health or they are just jealous. Keep on perservering my friend!

Thank you so much for your kind words TBH56! Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment, moreover that you've been maintaining for the past year! I read many success stories myself during March of 2015 (when I began tracking calories on MFP) and also found them inspirational! And yes... I agree that many of us are unhealthy and require support. It's something I notice now but... never noticed when I was 290 pounds. Regarding friends and family; yeah, I've had all sorts of comments from positive (that I look good) to negative (that I'm too skinny lol). I guess you have to take every comment with a grain-of-salt and determine what's best for yourself hehe! Thanks again and, keep persevering yourself :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    evarinjr wrote: »
    Very well done, simply amazing. I cannot wait to post my success story. Weigh in tonight. I hope to be down 30 plus pounds since january 6th. Fantastic job,

Thanks Evarinjr! 30 pounds in such a short period is incredible! If you're cutting calories hard... keep an eye on your nutrients, make sure you're not lacking in any area. I look forward to reading your success story! One day at a time, one pound at a time... you'll achieve your goal!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    What an inspiration you are DogRiverDude! It is nice to see that when you put your mind to something anything is possible. Lovely photos of your family as well. :)

Awe, thank you Colleen! YES, as you said anything is possible but it's especially true for weight loss! There are some things in our lives that we can't control, but weight really isn't one of them! We can each be whatever number we wish to be on the scale... we just have to choose to eat healthy and mind our calorie numbers. Thanks haha; I'll pass on your "lovely family" message should my daughters take issue with the photos I uploaded (they haven't seen this post yet hehe) :wink:
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Like an entirely different person. Congratulations =)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    atinspecky wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing this.. coz it has only been my 2nd day... and i feel terrible...

It gets better every day Atinspecky!! I took a mini vacation one week into MFP that almost derailed everything. I had lost a few pounds the first week of MFP then gained it all back (and more) over the course of 3 days while I was away. That made me realize that eating healthy has to be a life-long commitment for me. I learned to prepare low calorie dense dishes that I enjoy and rest is history. Although I like to indulge occasionally now that I'm maintaining, food just doesn't rule me like it used to. Nourish your body and your mind will catch up... it'll take a while but try to be patient. My very best wishes to you and all your goals!
  • jonipecson
    jonipecson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I started at 297 initially, last year. In september I was 290 and decided I needed to make a change. Now I'm 254, I've been fluctuating some but I'm not stopping. Rome wasn't built in a day, I know that. I have motivation and with your story I have more inspiration :)
  • BIGBOSSK881
    BIGBOSSK881 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job , really inspirational..
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look like a whole different person! You look terrific. Very inspirational
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    munty285 wrote: »
    This post is incredibly inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations! This was the perfect thing to read on day 1 of my journey. I tend to get overwhelmed with how much I need to lose, but your method of setting smaller goals will surely alleviate that feeling. Congrats again :)

Thank you Munty! PERFECT that you read this on Day 1! Setting mini goals is great, even though I didn't even know that I was setting mini goals. You should never feel overwhelmed... even with the mini goals. Just take things one day at a time. As days turn into weeks, healthy eating habits will form and, before you know it you'll be crushing your mini goals! Best wishes to you and each step of your journey!
  • 140DeeDee
    140DeeDee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing it helps to read positive story's. Well done on your weight loss
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    printer88 wrote: »
    Congrats very awesome and inspiring!

Thank you Printer88! It's very humbling that you and others find my story inspiring... thanks :blush: !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!