:) off to watch Downton with a cuppa tea
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    <3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Hello all and welcome to any new women. This is the greatest group of ladies on the earth!

My routine was totally messed up today. Michelle came over and searched into the deep recceses of my laptop and uninstalled any program that sounded fishy. Then ran my AVG full check and as she was leaving she hollered at me that I will need to leave my laptop alone for several hours since she installed Windows 10 on it! HMMM, I didn't ask her to do that. I know it will speed my slow laptop up. Evening was totally messed up as one of the members of the Over the Hill gang that has all the Karaoke recording DJ stuff in his garage, after all that's what a garage is for, invited him over to work up some new songs and get some recording done. I really like his wife, she is one who got me through Charlies meningitis month long adventure and I hadn't seen her for awhile so I went along. I didn't know we were going to leave at 10 PM. But she keeps me sane when Charlie is driving me crazy and since he has been incontinent 3 times today it is not a good day around here. So it was nice. But my one face book game a play twice a day had been delayed several hours so a lot to catch up on. Plus the download was finished and boy was I shocked. I now have to everything back on my laptop, MFP, FAcebook, bank, everything which also means putting in all passwords. So that will have to wait. Right now I should be having the quiet time music on, not the pre-quiet time but the really quiet time. I did find out if my eyes are blurry like he said they maybe after this eye procedure, she will pick my up after choir practice and take me to where her and my husbands are. So I am glad I have that taken care of.

Sylvia, knowing you in these years it has helped me see much more purpose in life. That you for that. Of course it also thank me so much for my grand kids wonderful parents.

Well I finally got my husband fed. He ahd to finally leave with take out at supper tonight after being incontinent at Bob Evans tonight. Luckily he brings a big container at Clorox wipes with his to make sure everything is clean when he leaves. It was a strange experience at Bob Evans. As far as I know I have never personally met a transvestite. But our waiter/waitress was. This individual person may have done a fairly good job of looking like a female and picking up all the mannerisms but not how to be a waitress yet. But I think 'she' is new. The one thing I do not like in the transvestites/cross dressers is the extreme artificial eye lashes. We give an porr service tip, average and excellent tip. I have to admit she got a poor service tip. The whole order was wrong. She didn't know what dressing was supposed to go on this special salad so she just brought it dry, then brought plain chipotle dressing when the menu called for Wild Fire ranch. So when it came time for getting a carry out box, for a large salad she brought me a small container like you would put bread in. So back she went. So I now have 3 boxes and two round containers of wild fire ranch and wiildfire ranch dressing, my purse with my billfold out and trying to balance all of them while waiting in line. The poor checkout lady saw my predicament and came out to me with a sack. So this waitress only went half the steps of being a good waitress from the very moment she comes to your table until you leave. She didn't even offer to ask if he wanted a carry out cup for his drink he barely had a chance to sip. We have one of the seaters there that has the most sourly look on her face when we approach the check in desk. We always ask for a warm spot and she never listens to us and we always have to ask some one else to take over. But oh is her look mighty sourly. Not a good first impression. So at 12:30 AM Charlie is jsut now eating his supper.

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    DJ - I picked out the sentences I thought would make a funny, "scary" story. I really enjoyed writing it and thought of it as a bit of "Nordic Noir". (Scandinavian crime/horror) But no, you can't choose what you learn as it's progressive. I can say a great many things now, though I forget some of them by the next day! I do know how to ask for the bathroom. :DB)
    One great thing about Norwegian is that it doesn't conjugate the verb, so "I say" is the same ending in "he says". But they do have two "genders" . En words and Et words. Not too bad - German has three! :grumble:
    I'm loving it, though I know I won't really get a chance to use it. I'll have to go to Oslo some time on a city break.

Heather UK
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    w8jef2hcilml.jpg
    a pic of my nephew (this fall) and my Mom - I am ordering her a fabric bag with this picture on it for her birthday so had it up and thought I'd share.

Kim -oh, I love <3 this picture, it is truly adorable : ) They both look so happy and I can clearly see the family resemblance in the eyes, shape of the face, and their smiles. Great choice for her gift.

<3 Rosie
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Options
    Damit Janit - Praise the Lord o:) hahahahahahahahahahaha Thanks for the laugh.

<3 Rosie

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Penny - that had me laughing out loud! Your father must have had a great sense of humor. :)

Heather - thanks so much for sharing the site - I've been wanting to brush up on my Spanish that I took in college so this is perfect! I did try to find Greek as I have wanted to learn that for when I go there someday but didn't see it on there and didn't see a way to search. :s

Katla - so sorry to hear you fell again but glad there was no re-injury to your wrist. Instead of new riding pants maybe rolls of Charmin would help? :*

Becca - I also use Coconut Oil after a shower. So now every time I'm putting it on I'm thinking of you?! blushing.gif

Lenora - I use coconut oil in my hair but I put in wet hair all over my scalp and then put a shower cap on for at least 4 hours. Then wash it out.

Schedule for Monday -
    1. Take car to mechanic to check battery because something keeps making it go dead!
    2. Put chicken stew in crockpot - having a friend for dinner
    3. Water aerobics at 12:45
    4. Weigh in at the Y
    5. Home to unpack some more boxes - I should be able to finish this week! Hooray!!! (not counting boxes in the garage)

Heather - could you please start a cooking class for us on YouTube? My mouth waters at everything you ever tell us you are making and you make it sound so simple! cooking.gif

Hugs to everyone because one thing you can never get too many of is HUGS and they are calorie free! Don't forget to smile!

Gloria heart-plant.gif

• Sunnygirl_2015
    Options
    "I am one of them that was successful, then has reverted back to some of my old habits and gained but I am trying again. I just love these girls and don't know what I would do without them. Joyce, Indiana"

A wise lady on this thread said to me, "old habits produce old results". I too have reverted back to old habits and put on the 15 lbs I had lost last year. Starting back again this month to recording everything I eat and walking 2 miles 4 times per week. It sure has been hard giving up sweets and bread. Moday is weigh in day so I'll find out whats been going on with my body. Just wish I had a fairy godmother with a magic wand o:) LOL But, such is life, just got to get on with living it with as much gusto as I can. Going to decide right here at this momement to love me just as I am.

Love and prayers to all you beautiful ladies. I wish you peace in your day.

<3 Rosie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    morning all~
    hope everyone weekend was good... I finally had to get up and move into my room, Tom has Restless leg syndrome but wont get it checked out, and I cant sleep with him kicking all over the place...
    he was ornery yesterday and I didnt bring up the trip.. but will leave him a note this afternoon..
    Everything I do and say now ticks him off.. so I just stay out of the way..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Kim - Your meal sounds wonderful! Can I come? What a great thing to do for your friends. I tend to panic a bit at larger numbers, so I take my hat off to you. :flowerforyou:

Gloria - I should think it's because of the different alphabet. Good luck with the Spanish - I shall be attacking that as soon as my cruise is over. I used to be pretty good, but I am sooooooo rusty. I am now reading every day the news in Spanish on bbcmundo.
    That has reactivated my brain a bit.

One piece of excellent news is that I weighed myself this morning and I have lost my pesky pound! :drinker: That means I am exactly back at target weight. 140 lbs. Running around after those grands must have burnt loads. :D

I am happy, happy, happy. :bigsmile:

Heather UK
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! It's National Margarita Day! Yea! Wonder if there is a way I can fit that into my childcare day! ;) Woke up late! Have to fly! Love to all!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One quick note, Katla - the study you're referring to did show an association for the PPIs (proton pump inhibitors), Prevacid, Nexium and Prilosec, for Alzheimer's risk with those over 75. And the association was really high, at 44%--but they couldn't control for diet or body weight, both of which are also risks for Alzheimer's. The people who have issues with their diet and their weight are also the ones doctors are most likely to give those exact same drugs. Not discounting it out of hand, and if it makes you feel better, that's great--but the science in the study wasn't very good, and should be taken with a grain of salt. Unless you have high blood pressure. :wink:

Taking the DS and DDiL to her mom's this morning, sad to say goodbye, happy to say goodbye. Hate staying in town too long, but there's a lot to do for the Chamber banquet on Thurs. Happy to stand on the scale this morning and see five pounds gone since Feb. 1. Staying in town will probably make that better, even, as it's much easier to control my environment when I'm on my own, and I can go to the gym whenever I choose.

Off to the races...
    Lisa in West Texas
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Vince is going to take me to the Y today so I can use the spinning bike. Then after he picks me up we'll go to Aldi (he needs something for dinner tonight) and then to WalMart. I got some snap peas to take to Daytona, but when I microwaved them I tried one and, boy, were they horrible. I noticed then that one of them is moldy. They aren't out of date or anything so I'll return them.

This no driving is driving me to drink. Denise called this morning and Vince has his phone set so that it doesn't ring before 8:30, so she called my phone figuring I'd be up. Well, she couldn't believe I was still in bed. but then I told her that I had to work with Vince's schedule (which is a pain in the ***)

We got down here Fri night. Not sure how to post to my homepage from my phone and I don't know why my tablet isn't syncing with my phone/laptop/desktop. I've written to MFP technical support to see why. Maybe there's something that I need to turn on, but I don't know what it is.

Sylvia - I would think children services would want to keep them in the family, don't they look out for the welfare of the child?

DJ - did you see me waving to you as we drove thru SC? Yes, we saw all the postings for the presidential candidates. Interesting.

Great finish to the race yesterday. Boy, is my face red. Our seats are in the sun until about 3:30. Then we went to iHop for dinner. I just had an egg white omlet. Surprisingly, they use so much butter. Next time I'm going to ask that they use very little butter. Saturday I had their veggie omlet. Last night I had peas I'd brought with me along with some of the spinach/feta that I brought. Just water to drink

Terri in Milwaukee - I knew you'd rock your review! So glad you found your fitness tracker. One year they had really good grapefruiits down here. I'm hoping with this cold snap we had that the grapefruits will be nice and red. So many places say "red grapefruit" but it's really pink.

Becca - I'm sure you made that guy's day! How wonderful of you

Sharon - the best tip I can give you is to keep coming in here, log even bite and morsel along with your exercises. You CAN do this.

pip - love the bike. I have an old bike, maybe from the 50's, I remember getting it and my mother was still alive (she's been dead over 50 years). I'd like to donate it to a local theater group, but I've contacted them many times, they keep saying they want it. I've even offered to meet them somewhere to exchange it, they've never gotten back to me.

Allie - one time my father made a comment about how there was dirt on our mantle. At the time I had 3 small children and dirt was the last thing on my mind. I just told him "you can take a rag and clean it". Never heard a word from him again.

kimses - feel better fast

Lenora - what a neat story about teaching that boy to swim. When I was very young (I still remember this) we were at the shore and the tide pulled me out. I still remember being under water, not being able to touch ground. To this day I'm very leery of being in the deep end, I usually want to have some floation belt on. I agree that the prices of food at the movies are outrageous, plus they offer only really poor things. That's one of the reasons why I have a "going to the movies" pocketbook. It's pretty big, looks really crappy but it hold snacks and a few water bottles for me. Plus, it looks like a pocketbook. Coming down here we stopped at this one gas station, we saw this poor cat. My heart broke, he was soooo skinny, you could tell he was looking for food. I threw some french fries we had out of the car hoping he'd take them. I know he should have had meat but I only had the ff.

Welcome everyone new

Betty - I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem with you observing an exercise class. I know I always welcomed someone observing

Fran - I'm maintaining, but MFP keeps me on track. I do try to post my exercise for the day. I like to change things up, maybe it'll give someone an idea. Come in for great ideas of things to do.

katla - wonderful quote from Julia Child

Lilly - good luck on your curling

Pole Penny - congrats on finishing your thesis. It's always so very interesting to read about your life up there.

Allie - there were a lot of people at that race. They've redone Daytona. Most of the changes are OK, but now they refer to the infield as the "ballfield". that's weird. And do you know that they don't offer any napkins, just these wet wipes? I swear that is the only place where the line to use the men's room is longer (by much) than the line to use the women's room.

Margaret - so glad you had such a good time seeing the DL. Wish I could see him

Beth - now that's the way to see a hockey game! One time when Jessica was training the service dog we got to sit in a box seat with the dog. That's the way to go!

Wish I'd brought my bike down here. At least I could ride it around the parking lot

Michele from NC now in FL
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Secretchef!
    Thank you for the Miss Peregrine's info, Becca!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    brought up the subject about the trip to nashville, and suspected he had a bird, told me im spoiled and out of my mind.... I told him I have never EVER said a word about you going to Florida twice a year, and anything about buying a brand new car that I co-signed for..
    said to him have you ever heard the term happy wife happy life? no wonder your miserable....
    think i will pack a bag and not come home tonight.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Kim - Your meal sounds wonderful! Can I come? What a great thing to do for your friends. I tend to panic a bit at larger numbers, so I take my hat off to you. :flowerforyou:

Gloria - I should think it's because of the different alphabet. Good luck with the Spanish - I shall be attacking that as soon as my cruise is over. I used to be pretty good, but I am sooooooo rusty. I am now reading every day the news in Spanish on bbcmundo.
    That has reactivated my brain a bit.

One piece of excellent news is that I weighed myself this morning and I have lost my pesky pound! :drinker: That means I am exactly back at target weight. 140 lbs. Running around after those grands must have burnt loads. :D

I am happy, happy, happy. :bigsmile:

Heather UK

CONGRATS!!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    "I am one of them that was successful, then has reverted back to some of my old habits and gained but I am trying again. I just love these girls and don't know what I would do without them. Joyce, Indiana"

A wise lady on this thread said to me, "old habits produce old results". I too have reverted back to old habits and put on the 15 lbs I had lost last year. Starting back again this month to recording everything I eat and walking 2 miles 4 times per week. It sure has been hard giving up sweets and bread. Moday is weigh in day so I'll find out whats been going on with my body. Just wish I had a fairy godmother with a magic wand o:) LOL But, such is life, just got to get on with living it with as much gusto as I can. Going to decide right here at this momement to love me just as I am.

Love and prayers to all you beautiful ladies. I wish you peace in your day.

<3 Rosie

So as to not have you feel that you are alone in this I am experiencing the exact same thing. Ugh. Finally my husband sees what I have been talking about in terms of how hard this is for me. Shared all my food diary stuff with him and he sees that I am eating well within my calories. I have stress in my life - husband with no job and daughter stresses - and I do not sleep well at all. Are they the causes?! Now admittedly I am not walking nearly as much as I did in the warmer weather but that can't be all of it?! Starting again. Trying to eat more protein and more cleanly. Hang in there you have company and this group of gals is super supportive!

Cheri in sunny NE oHIo
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Very sad, hard day yesterday. There were 450-500 people at my great nephew's memorial service.

It's supposed to snow this evening and into tomorrow morning. Hope its not enough to affect my flight, I'm ready to go home.

We went on line yesterday and I paid for my oldest daughter's master program class for summer session as her student loan has not yet been funded. She will receive her BA May 1st and plans to complete her master's by Spring of 2017. I am so proud of her. She has done this while holding down a full time job and single mother of three teens. All while maintaining a 4.O grade average.

Love, from Parker CO til tomorrow morning
    Janetr
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: It sounds like a difficult night at Bob Evans. I'm sorry it was stressful and unpleasant. :flowerforyou:

Gloria: I bought new women's padded bicycle shorts to wear under my jeans for horseback riding lessons. My old ones seem to have lost their ability to get the job done. :grumble: Yesterday I tripped over my neighbor's doorsill because of going from bright light outside into the dark cave she calls home. I'll have to remember to look down when I go to her house! Maybe I should get a Michelin Man outfit. :ohwell:

Lisa: I took Nexium and its generic counterparts for decades. I'm worried about it because I do have some memory issues, and people's names are the worst thing for me. I have blood pressure, and it is on the low side, but not low enough that I get dizzy when I stand up. I've experienced that in the past. :noway:

We have banking errands to do this morning so I will miss yoga. We have three slips in the marina in front of our home. One is for our sailboat and the other two are for smaller boats. DH uses one of the smaller slips for his fishing boat and one is reserved for our son's boat if he ever puts it back in the water. (He's been working on it for years and it is nearly done.) Both slips are currently empty because the fishing boat is in dry storage for winter along with our son's boat. We sold one of the smaller slips over the weekend and bought another that is right up at the head-walk and much easier for DH to use for his fishing boat. His health issues sap energy, and this slip is the easiest for him to access because he doesn't have to walk a long way to reach it. He has wanted it for years and the owner finally agreed to sell. Yay! I just hope his health allows him to fully enjoy the water this year. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png