New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Regarding all this discussion of the lemon oreo thins - are you guys aware that lemon oreos are not new? The only difference will be that they're the thinner versions... you can get lemon oreos with the golden wafers as a regular oreo flavour already! They are fairly easy to find too. And very, very tasty...

The big difference is you get 4 thins to the 2 normal ones for the same calories. At least for me. And, yes, the lemon oreos are delicious. :)

And I honestly just prefer a thinner cookie for whatever reason.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've had this in my fridge for awhile and finally decided to have it. It was dang tasty! I don't like most Chobani flips (or, rather, find they simply aren't worth 200+ calories), but this one I would buy again. Of course, it's limited edition...

47y2hg9kyeu3.png

Also, my Kroger had a 2 for 1 sale on Thomas' items. I was very tempted by these:

tbb9cljzng4w.jpg

but ultimately decided not to get them, since I would take forever to get through a pack of 6 and bagels take up too much room in my small freezer :( Has anyone had them? Any good?

Also, my Kroger still doesn't have the non-dairy Ben and Jerry's. Very sad.

I found the B&J at wegmans do any of you have those by you?

Also I've had the bagels and LOVED them! They didn't even need anything on them they were so good. They really had a "french toast" and "syrup-y" taste to them that I loved. They smelled amazing and had a great taste. Some of my favorite bagels. But like @Francl27 said, there isn't much you can add to them if you don't like sweet savory combo. I had them with butter and also with eggs and cheese to make a breakfast sandwich (incredible!).

No Wegman's around here, just TJs, Kroger, and Whole Foods. I guess I'll have to wait.

Yeah, the bagels with just butter on them sound amazing, but I would have trouble fitting them into my calories. Hm...

bxysrsq5kclc.png

Tried this milk chocolate flavour in my oatmeal today, along with some frozen raspberries and a few mini chocolate chips. I also saved a little to mix with water on its own. Not impressed. It reminds me a lot of Quest's chocolate, which I also don't like. To be fair, I have not had a chocolate protein powder that I liked by anyone... they just never have more than a slight hint of chocolate to me, which is just a tease. Also, it was too sweet with just water, and lacked flavour mixed with oatmeal.

I picked these up as an impulse buy yesterday:

0fx2xlsxrz7h.jpg

Pretty tasty! If they had the version with sugar I would have gotten that instead, but I still enjoyed this. It's a little plain - just creamy and sweet, but very pleasant. I'll probably add a bit of cinnamon to the next one I eat. I love rice pudding, so it's convenient to be able to have small servings stored in my fridge.

Curious about the rice pudding... Same size as the other pudding cups from them? Or 90 cals because it's smaller? The regular 130(I think) calorie cups are a staple for me. So yummy.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    I was expecting this to be gelatinous. It's not. Overpriced.
    real-bone-broth.jpg
    This is very similar to the sheep's milk chocolate, but not as rich and a little goaty tang. I think Chocolita's dark "milk" is better, though. Especially for the price and ingredients.
    Medium_Goat_Milk_1024x1024.jpg?v=1444904981
    This is good, but I still prefer Mt. Sterling's raw sharp goat cheddar.
    DY498_Woolwich_Goat_Cheddar_190g.jpg
    Freebie. Both of these are really good. Their texture is crispy in comparison to regular fruit leather. Lots of acai flavor. I prefer the pineapple one.
    304412662.jpg
    304412603.jpg

I had the beef version of the bone broth and it was pretty gelatinous for me. One of the bags had a hole in it and leaked ALL OVER my fridge :( but yes its pretty pricey.
    that fruit leather looks super good whats the sugar grams in them?

I keep seeing a lot of talk about bone broth. What is so special about it?

Basically it's a higher protein and (to me) meatier tasting broth. Good for swapping out in recipes that call for regular broth, and for sipping if you like consomme. You might see various health claims for it - ignore them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've had this in my fridge for awhile and finally decided to have it. It was dang tasty! I don't like most Chobani flips (or, rather, find they simply aren't worth 200+ calories), but this one I would buy again. Of course, it's limited edition...

47y2hg9kyeu3.png

Also, my Kroger had a 2 for 1 sale on Thomas' items. I was very tempted by these:

tbb9cljzng4w.jpg

but ultimately decided not to get them, since I would take forever to get through a pack of 6 and bagels take up too much room in my small freezer :( Has anyone had them? Any good?

Also I've had the bagels and LOVED them! They didn't even need anything on them they were so good. They really had a "french toast" and "syrup-y" taste to them that I loved. They smelled amazing and had a great taste. Some of my favorite bagels. But like @Francl27 said, there isn't much you can add to them if you don't like sweet savory combo. I had them with butter and also with eggs and cheese to make a breakfast sandwich (incredible!).

No Wegman's around here, just TJs, Kroger, and Whole Foods. I guess I'll have to wait.

Yeah, the bagels with just butter on them sound amazing, but I would have trouble fitting them into my calories. Hm...

bxysrsq5kclc.png

Tried this milk chocolate flavour in my oatmeal today, along with some frozen raspberries and a few mini chocolate chips. I also saved a little to mix with water on its own. Not impressed. It reminds me a lot of Quest's chocolate, which I also don't like. To be fair, I have not had a chocolate protein powder that I liked by anyone... they just never have more than a slight hint of chocolate to me, which is just a tease. Also, it was too sweet with just water, and lacked flavour mixed with oatmeal.

0fx2xlsxrz7h.jpg

Pretty tasty! If they had the version with sugar I would have gotten that instead, but I still enjoyed this. It's a little plain - just creamy and sweet, but very pleasant. I'll probably add a bit of cinnamon to the next one I eat. I love rice pudding, so it's convenient to be able to have small servings stored in my fridge.

Curious about the rice pudding... Same size as the other pudding cups from them? Or 90 cals because it's smaller? The regular 130(I think) calorie cups are a staple for me. So yummy.

They have sucralose. Probably why I didn't like them.. lol.
    flex-flavors-1024x784.jpg
    These are REALLY GOOD! I love the peanut butter one and the creme brulee is amazing in coffee. I've been adding the flavors to baked goods, oatmeal, plain yogurt, coffee, unsweetened pudding, etc. Really good and nice flavor additions to anything.

Ok that looks tasty. How sweet does it taste? Does it thicken things or it's just powder?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Still no luck on the new Talenti flavors. I'm sad.

I've found all the new flavors at Giant.

I was shocked to find Giant also had a few flavors of Gelato Fiasco, & Cinnamon Buns was re-added to the Ben & Jerry's flavors!

I haven't bought any ice cream for a few weeks since I gave it up for Lent.

What did you think of the new Cupcake Oreos?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Probably not new but I bought some of these and was actually surprisingly surprised.

Special-K-Heavenly-Caramel-Brownies.jpg

Sure, it's basically a 80 calorie cookie, but quite satisfying.

Those are really good!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    real-bone-broth.jpg
    This is very similar to the sheep's milk chocolate, but not as rich and a little goaty tang. I think Chocolita's dark "milk" is better, though. Especially for the price and ingredients.
    Freebie. Both of these are really good. Their texture is crispy in comparison to regular fruit leather. Lots of acai flavor. I prefer the pineapple one.
    304412662.jpg
    304412603.jpg

I had the beef version of the bone broth and it was pretty gelatinous for me. One of the bags had a hole in it and leaked ALL OVER my fridge :( but yes its pretty pricey.

like someone else said its pretty high in protein for like... no calories. The Pacific chicken bone stock is 14 grams of protein for i think 60 calories if I'm not mistaken. (i know the protein is 14grams don't remember cals)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Still no luck on the new Talenti flavors. I'm sad.

I've found all the new flavors at Giant.

I was shocked to find Giant also had a few flavors of Gelato Fiasco, & Cinnamon Buns was re-added to the Ben & Jerry's flavors!

I haven't bought any ice cream for a few weeks since I gave it up for Lent.

What did you think of the new Cupcake Oreos?

that dang cinnamon buns ice cream haha ugh. I can't put it down.
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Probably not new but I bought some of these and was actually surprisingly surprised.

Those are really good!

Better than Fiber 1 Brownies? Cause I like the sound of caramel over peanut butter. Though both are good.
  • ASH_DVM
    Options
    I saw both of these at WalMart last night. I was very tempted... I may go back today. HA!

maxresdefault.jpg

Those look awesome! Especially the cake ones! Will be on the lookout.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    real-bone-broth.jpg
    304412662.jpg
    304412603.jpg

Most people drink it because it's high in protein and really yummy if you make it right. Some people also drink it as a source of dissolved minerals and L-Glutamine, but you're really better off just taking supplements of minerals and amino acids if that's the reason why you're drinking it.

I just like the flavor that it has, and I've noticed that it seems to make my digestive system more regular. When you make it, you also end up with some leftover roasted bone marrow and rendered tallow, which are both delicious in their own right. The marrow is really good on toast, and I use the tallow as a substitute for butter.
  • Francl27
    Options
    ASH_DVM wrote: »

Those are really good!

Better than Fiber 1 Brownies? Cause I like the sound of caramel over peanut butter. Though both are good.

Yeah, I didn't care for the Fiber 1 brownies much.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options

47y2hg9kyeu3.png

tbb9cljzng4w.jpg

bxysrsq5kclc.png

0fx2xlsxrz7h.jpg

I don't know what the regular size is, but these are 113g. So maybe you can compare. My guess is that they are the same size and the calorie reduction is just because it's sucralose instead of sugar.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've tried both Kodiak and Birches protein pancakes and prefer Kodiak.

Kodiak: a dollar cheaper
    sold at more locations
    fluffier

Birches: Slightly less calories, I think ten
    An extra gram of protein

717LTJVHtrL._SY355AA355_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA355_SH20_.jpg
    I also really like this stuff. This particular variety is almost always sold out at HEB. There's a gluten free variety that sounds awesome, but it's double the price!
  • ASH_DVM
    Options
    cngtvo3xqjwk.png

This was one of the better yogurts I've had in a while.
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    cngtvo3xqjwk.png

Looks yummy! The photo looks layered. What are they?
  • malikirby2015
    malikirby2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    While checking out at Market Street with my Oreo Thins, the cashier told me that they aren't on the shelf yet but they have LEMON CREAM Oreo Thins coming soon. Not everyone is a lemon person, but I definitely am so I am STOKED. Yum!

Anyone had these yet or even heard this news?? I usually get the new Oreo scoop from this thread but I haven't heard anything here or I just missed it. :smile:

So I work at the corporate office of a major US retailer and got to try the lemon thin Oreos several months ago. I really like them - much better than all the other limited edition flavor so.

Good to know! Are they golden wafers or the regular?

They are golden...not chocolate!
  • Francl27
    Options
    cngtvo3xqjwk.png

I LOVE those. Always get them when they're on sale! I haven't tried the new flavor yet (maple) but I've tried all the others.
    di_763 wrote: »
    cngtvo3xqjwk.png

They are layered. Fruit on the bottom, yogurt in the middle, cream top.
  • ASH_DVM
    Options
    cngtvo3xqjwk.png

I LOVE those. Always get them when they're on sale! I haven't tried the new flavor yet (maple) but I've tried all the others.
    di_763 wrote: »
    cngtvo3xqjwk.png

They are layered. Fruit on the bottom, yogurt in the middle, cream top.

I believe I have the maple in the fridge at home. Will let you know how it is.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    While checking out at Market Street with my Oreo Thins, the cashier told me that they aren't on the shelf yet but they have LEMON CREAM Oreo Thins coming soon. Not everyone is a lemon person, but I definitely am so I am STOKED. Yum!

Anyone had these yet or even heard this news?? I usually get the new Oreo scoop from this thread but I haven't heard anything here or I just missed it. :smile:

So I work at the corporate office of a major US retailer and got to try the lemon thin Oreos several months ago. I really like them - much better than all the other limited edition flavor so.

Good to know! Are they golden wafers or the regular?

They are golden...not chocolate!

Thanks! I'm all atingle. :)