Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    ash_law wrote: »
    Quick update about my meet that I had on Saturday.

I competed in the USPA Western Warrior Powerlifting Challenge in Glendale, Arizona. I went 7 for 9 and ended with a 755 total at 148.2 bodyweight, with a 281.1 squat, 126.7 bench press and 347.1 deadlift for a 350.51 Wilks. This is not the meet I wanted, but I did tie my last meet's total in fewer attempts if that matters. Unfortunately, I weighed in .6lb lighter last meet so my Wilks from this meet went down by 1 point lol.

I technically qualified for both USPA Nationals and IPL World's, but I am on the low end of the skill level of people that would compete in those competitions so we will see if I decide to go to either of those. I am going to take at least a good six months or so before competing again to really try to raise my potential by continuing to work on bodybuilding for muscle development and overall technique on each of my lifts.

I still want that 300lb squat and 350lb+ deadlift in competition this year.

https://youtu.be/TTSPsaaSxTE

Wow, great lifts! Awesome job!
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Quick update about my meet that I had on Saturday.

I competed in the USPA Western Warrior Powerlifting Challenge in Glendale, Arizona. I went 7 for 9 and ended with a 755 total at 148.2 bodyweight, with a 281.1 squat, 126.7 bench press and 347.1 deadlift for a 350.51 Wilks. This is not the meet I wanted, but I did tie my last meet's total in fewer attempts if that matters. Unfortunately, I weighed in .6lb lighter last meet so my Wilks from this meet went down by 1 point lol.

I technically qualified for both USPA Nationals and IPL World's, but I am on the low end of the skill level of people that would compete in those competitions so we will see if I decide to go to either of those. I am going to take at least a good six months or so before competing again to really try to raise my potential by continuing to work on bodybuilding for muscle development and overall technique on each of my lifts.

I still want that 300lb squat and 350lb+ deadlift in competition this year.

https://youtu.be/TTSPsaaSxTE

HOLY MOLY. That was awesome!
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    None of my maxes have been tested recently but here are some of my top videos:

Hell of a grinder at 210# on bench. My max currently is 215 though

335# Dead

275# Squat but I'm pretty sure I could blow this one out of the water now, I'm squatting more like 225 5x8 and 245 5x5

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    215 bench!!! NICCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE

I have a jealous ;)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Wow, that's some really great lifting @Aliciaaah! Thanks for sharing!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Me and your videographer said the same thing at the end of your bench. Nice lifts! @Aliciaaah
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Aliciaaah holy cow, awesome bench! And oh yeah, you could totally blow 275 out of the water on squats now! Definitely going to follow you on IG lol
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @nakedraygun @_incogNEATo_ @ash_law

Thanks! I definitely love hearing the "F*** Yeah!" At the end of that video. Makes me smile every time.

Definitely feel free to follow :smiley:

Hopefully I'll have some new 1RM soon. And maybe one day when I'm not traveling and working so much I can compete and really make it count.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    @aliciaah - sweet lifts!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Awsome lifts ladies!!!! @ash_law @Aliciaaah
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Awsome lifts ladies!!!! @ash_law @Aliciaaah

I agree! Those are some awesome lifts!!!

• McCloud33
    Options
    Nothing to do with my lifts, but this is what I do on my "off" days LOL
    dowbrzf39koh.png
    It doesn't show it in that screenshot, but there's about a 500ft vertical climb in there too.
    Options
    That's some "off-day" @McCloud33 :D:p:D
  • ovidnine
    Options
    You're a sick individual @McCloud33 lol

Nice!
  • McCloud33
    Options
    haha Thanks @nakedraygun & @ovidnine building up my mileage for my Spartan obstacle race at the end of April.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    haha Thanks @nakedraygun & @ovidnine building up my mileage for my Spartan obstacle race at the end of April.

My brother-in-law wants me to do a Spartan with him. Not sure if I should since I have three meets planned from end of April through the end of August. Its hard to train for two events like that. I did it last year, sorta, for the Warrior Dash (its no Spartan) and it disrupted my training - lots of programming revisions I had to make.
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    dowbrzf39koh.png
    It doesn't show it in that screenshot, but there's about a 500ft vertical climb in there too.

Jeez. I did 15 minutes on the treadmill yesterday at 3.0 speed and 8.0 incline and felt proud of myself haha
  • ovidnine
    Options
    dowbrzf39koh.png

Jeez. I did 15 minutes on the treadmill yesterday at 3.0 speed and 8.0 incline and felt proud of myself haha

That's more what I'm about!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Was scheduled for squat triples at 95kg today. Did the first two, and it was seriously messing with my mind, because 95 is a completely mental weight for me squats wise. So I bumped the weight up to 97.5 for my last four triples and while the depth is a little bit sketchy, in person depth calls were good and they felt relatively fast and effortless. Which is how you expect 65% to feel. After ten months I'm kinda clueless as to how I've retained strength the way I have.

• McCloud33
    Options
    Was scheduled for squat triples at 95kg today. Did the first two, and it was seriously messing with my mind, because 95 is a completely mental weight for me squats wise. So I bumped the weight up to 97.5 for my last four triples and while the depth is a little bit sketchy, in person depth calls were good and they felt relatively fast and effortless. Which is how you expect 65% to feel. After ten months I'm kinda clueless as to how I've retained strength the way I have.

65%...are you at a 330lb squat? Look pretty good...as you went through the reps it looked to me like you started to make it a two part movement, coming up with your legs first and then goodmorning the end.