40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    simone0001 wrote: »
    Just decided to participate on the MFP forum and this was the first thread I clicked on. I'm 41 and since turning 40, I've had a difficult time keeping the weight off. I've been trying since last July to return to my 2013 weight. Initially had some good results up until the beginning of this year. Not a single pound has come off since then. I'm starting to lose all hope.

Hoping to get some ideas from others who have gone through the same thing. Cheers!

Log everything. Get a food scale and weigh things si you know for certain how much you are consuming.

This
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Day 200 of ice cream every day...

Icecream is my weakness. Unfortunately I can't stop at a healthy portion so try to limit to once a month(ish).

Did providence today (excluding snatch test). New week and so far so good.

What is providence?
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I belong to this group but have never really participated. I am looking to drop maybe 40 pounds of fat. I have lifted weights in the past but I feel like crap. My knees are killing me and I limp all the time. I am someone that thinks they have to exercise their eating habits. I have heard that simply walking will help the weight off especially for men. I try but my knees really prevent me from doing this consistently. Also my time eating is my downfall.
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My first sprint triathlon: done. My goals were 1) don't die, 2) don't throw up, and 3) finish. Met all three. I won't share my times, nope! but I'm still pretty pleased. Not bad for a 51 year old with chronic lung disease! :-P

• tojo_73
    Options
    Nightfly01 wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Day 200 of ice cream every day...

Icecream is my weakness. Unfortunately I can't stop at a healthy portion so try to limit to once a month(ish).

Did providence today (excluding snatch test). New week and so far so good.

What is providence?

Nightfly. I have a few workout DVDs. Providence is a kettlebell one from art of strength.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Week I hit up kettlebell class and did a lot of class with yellow bells! They're 16kg each! I ended up sticking around and taking the Leo Loucks striking class. I want originally going to since I didn't sign up but i saw then taking kick shields up and they had space and someone I knew didn't have a partner so in I went. good stuff other then my instant shin bruise from our kick/block.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    nadler64 wrote: »
    My first sprint triathlon: done. My goals were 1) don't die, 2) don't throw up, and 3) finish. Met all three. I won't share my times, nope! but I'm still pretty pleased. Not bad for a 51 year old with chronic lung disease! :-P

Don't die and don't throw up have generally been key goals of mine. I check the obituaries each morning to make sure I managed the first one, because I figure if I'm in there I don't have to go to work.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    Options
    BOOM! I lifted monday and tuesday. Am posing a lot, in the gym mirror, to boost my (frail) ego, lol.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    BOOM! I lifted monday and tuesday. Am posing a lot, in the gym mirror, to boost my (frail) ego, lol.

What ever it takes to keep you going!! Keep at it
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    Today I started insanity, was the fitness test.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    tfrasur wrote: »
    Today I started insanity, was the fitness test.
    that "fit test" is no joke! hope you liked that "warm up".

• IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was quite the workout, sweating crazy and I'm just really close to my desired weight now. But, the fitness gains are what I'm after. So I will do my best each day, until the end.
  • tojo_73
    Options
    Woke with a blistering headache today. Felt a bit better by mid morning so managed to do some semblance of a workout. Better than nothing i suppose
  • Tama072015
    Tama072015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Woke with a blistering headache today. Felt a bit better by mid morning so managed to do some semblance of a workout. Better than nothing i suppose

Hope you are not coming down with the head cold half the planet has right now. I just got rid of it. Kudos for doing any kind of work out. Tough when you are not feelin it. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Legs=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Beeps, nice to see you are still lifting heavy things!

Nadler64 those would be my only goals, distance running and I have never worked!

Tfrasur, hope you like insanity. Haven't tried it myself, I do group classes to motivate me since I lack self motivation to work out at home.

Combat conditioning tonight. Can't wait to see what crazy stuff we're doing.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011, look!!

p0aud3trvff1.jpeg
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Going to the woods for the weekend.
  • gam3rguy
    Options