Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Replies

• skawtiep
    skawtiep Posts: 2 Member
    Cmon now. E.L. Fudge cookies are the best packaged cookie of all time followed somewhat distantly by Lofthouse sugar cookies and their various knockoffs from the bakery section of any grocery store.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    skawtiep wrote: »
    Cmon now. E.L. Fudge cookies are the best packaged cookie of all time followed somewhat distantly by Lofthouse sugar cookies and their various knockoffs from the bakery section of any grocery store.

4d16a702b639d272bb82e755cb211d3e82c9a18cb3f9cfa55a395bc297ffeb0b.jpg
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited February 2016
    These are awesome too...though they don't actually use mint oreos - just a squirt of mint flavoring into a regular oreo blizzard.

Mint-Oreo-Blizzard.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,722 Member
    skawtiep wrote: »

You know nothing, Jon Snow.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    You know, I saw this thread when it first started and didn't think too much of it. Imagine my surprise when I see it pop up again, and it's now at 17 pages. I just had to read all of them to see how there can possibly be that much to say about Oreos.

I used to love Oreos as a kid, but I picked up some originals a few months ago and found myself disappointed. Bad batch, maybe? They were just... eh. I might have to try them again and see if it was a fluke.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    OMG - reading through some of the woo and derp being posted today...

I'm going to need another Oreo to counteract it!

(OK busted, I was just looking for an excuse to eat one.)

I currently have no Oreos with me at work so eat one for me too.

Gladly!! Which should I eat in your honor? Peanut butter, spring colored, cinnamon, or chocolate creme (I found a couple of those in my drawer too)?

Let's go spring colored for the "bight and cheery" angle.

Done

B47E94F3-6744-4917-B340-E54BF1829512_zpsewpjjgom.jpg

Well done sir.
  • rajeana_421
    rajeana_421 Posts: 9 Member
    Last night I saved enough calories to have a few Oreos with milk before bed, so worth it! But I'm definitely in the mood to try some specialty Oreos, thanks to this feed.

@juggernaut1974 I might even try the mint ones. If I like them at least I won't have to worry about @Carlos_421 eating any :D
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Last night I saved enough calories to have a few Oreos with milk before bed, so worth it! But I'm definitely in the mood to try some specialty Oreos, thanks to this feed.

@juggernaut1974 I might even try the mint ones. If I like them at least I won't have to worry about @Carlos_421 eating any :D

Got that right...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited February 2016
    ummm this might not be a popular answer, but I don't really like them.... (they taste as if they have too much sugar in them imo)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    479713_1497906806889704_236880271948087262_n.jpg?oh=ac142f3648ff44cc457ff50e8e66ad49&oe=5752AA75
  • Carlos_421
    What is that on the bottom right??? Oreo loaf????
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    I just had 3 oreos and a cup of tea. A very awesome and balanced lunch B)
  • Carlos_421
    edited February 2016
    JShailen wrote: »
    I just had 3 oreos and a cup of tea. A very awesome and balanced lunch B)

I'd revert into "responsible adult mode" and advise you that, as much as I love Oreos, they probably aren't the wisest choice for lunch...but I had them for breakfast so that would be hypocritical.
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    OMG. The oreo ice cream cake... mmmmmmmm
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    These are awesome too...though they don't actually use mint oreos - just a squirt of mint flavoring into a regular oreo blizzard.

Mint-Oreo-Blizzard.jpg

in my eyes the ONLY blizzard i'll ever need. <3
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    I love ice box cake. I think I will try to make an Oreo ice box cake. :)

l1jr83hi6eoe.jpg
    OR.jpg 85.6K
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Now I want an oreo blizzard...but not mint, just regular.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    darlswife wrote: »

Wait...wait..Cake batter Oreo! Now that should be a thing! <3

They have birthday cake Oreos. Disgusting. [/quote]

I disliked the birthday cake ones. Also gross were the banana split ones. Very synthetic tasting banana flavor-it's so hard to do banana right. The fudge covered raspberry ones were good though.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    KylerJaye wrote: »

Mint-Oreo-Blizzard.jpg

in my eyes the ONLY blizzard i'll ever need. <3

I bought mint chocolate chip ice cream last night just because I saw this, thanks guys. It looked really good I guess.