Samantha's Squat Challenge!

Options

Replies

• freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Can someone please repost the actual challenge because for some reason I can't open the file that says how many squats a day to do.
    Cheers :-)
  • oleeallen
    oleeallen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Rest day today
  • KayDay81
    KayDay81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this morning! Better late than never!
  • Quelquel
    Quelquel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just getting back on my fitnesspal and I'm done with the squat challenge
  • squeekecho262
    squeekecho262 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Can someone please repost the actual challenge because for some reason I can't open the file that says how many squats a day to do.
    Cheers :-)

reoz4s8bdmza.png
  • squeekecho262
    Options
    KayDay81 wrote: »
    I'm starting this morning! Better late than never!

Yay thanks for joining!
  • oleeallen
    oleeallen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day 5 70 squats done
  • someoness786
    someoness786 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @squeekecho262 , thankss nd you too great going!

• someoness786
    Options
    Day 4: rest.
  • someoness786
    Options
    I dont really feel that sore... :/ should i add some weights?
  • squeekecho262
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I dont really feel that sore... :/ should i add some weights?

Go to a 90 degree squat with your legs. Making sure your knees never go past the tips of your toes. Then come back up and almost thrust your hips forward a bit and squeeze your butt muscles but never lock your knees straight, that can be bad for them!
    Try doing some really slowly and see how that feels. Or hold your squat position for a couple seconds and come back up. Or you can add in some weights. Just watch your form :) I do 30-50 squats in one set, depending on how many there is for the day :) but I do them all fairly close. like an 80 squat day, I do 2 sets of 40 reps... Do first set, then do the second set not long after a short break :)
    You are still on low set of squats so far so give it a few days with the bit higher ones and see :)
    I did all my squats with 15lb curl bar on shoulders up to 50 squats. And now I'm around 80 squats so I have been breaking it up as first set weighted second set really slow and third set fast or regular or dancing squats to music beat! Gotta have fun!
    :smiley:
  • squeekecho262
    Options
    day 9 100 squats!!
    2 sets of 50. First set with 15lb curl bar
  • anthony120576
    anthony120576 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am joining today! Getting ready
  • squeekecho262
    Options
    I am joining today! Getting ready

Nice! Thanks for joining!
    Werk them legs! Hahaa
  • anthony120576
    anthony120576 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - did 50 squats
  • freakymistkd
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm starting this challenge along with the 4 min plank and also the say no to late night snacking challenge tomorrow (march 1). I'm also thinking of trying to do the daily mini challenges aswell everyday for the month of march. I just have one question for people who have done these types of challenges before, when you get to the end and are doing the 250 squats do you stop and then go back to your normal exercise regime and redo do the challenge in another month or so or do you keep doing 250 squats a day?
    Cheers,
    Looking forward to starting tomorrow
    :-D
    #feeltheburn
  • squeekecho262
    Options
    This is my first time starting challenges so will have to see when the end comes! But I enjoy the squats challenge cause I always lack doing lower body and I'm loving how my legs don't really get sore after going up some flights of stairs now hahaha.
    The mini challenge one seemed neat! Just a random chosen exercise for the day?! I saw someone posted once but haven't seen it lately. Is it a new post each time?
  • freakymistkd
    Options
    Yeah, it's a new post day. You can do a search for it. I just type "mini" in the field for title and then click on "challenges" in the field for category and they all come up.
    You're doing the plank one aswell aren't you?
    @squeekecho262
  • moon14baby
    moon14baby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Starting 3/1!!! Gonna love love the month of March!!! Good luck everyone!!
  • inkblaze
    inkblaze Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A little late to this party... I'm soooo in!