March 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I may join in on this. Just finished my 2nd half and will start back on training again soon for my first full marathon.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    OK, I started a strava group. It's at: http://www.strava.com/clubs/mfpmnthlychlng

I invited some of you already. If you didn't get an invite, I am probably not following you on strava.
    It's a locked group, so i will need to approve requests.

If you need help setting up a strava account of synching it from your Garmin Connect account, please let me know.

You'll have to tell me how to join. I don't see a way to join. :hushed:

Check your notifications, cause I invited you.

I got it. Thanks! Crisis averted. Love the shirt pic.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning @Elise4270 @7lenny7 I made you all 3 Admins in the strava group. Hopefully you don't mind me just appointing you guys without your permission. :blush:

I realize I may need back-up help (in case I get hit by a car while running on busy roads 5:30 in the morning). So does anyone wish you be an admin in the group page on here?
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning @Elise4270 @7lenny7 I made you all 3 Admins in the strava group. Hopefully you don't mind me just appointing you guys without your permission. :blush:

I realize I may need back-up help (in case I get hit by a car while running on busy roads 5:30 in the morning). So does anyone wish you be an admin in the group page on here?

@Stoshew71, no problem at all, anything to fuel my power trip! Just kidding, of course. Sure, sign me up for the group page on here too if you wish.

• fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a fairly new runner and logged about 25 miles in February. So my goal for March is 30 miles. I am also finishing up the C25k program and am on week 6- so know it will be easier to get more mileage this month :)

exercise.png

• KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This Strava group is exploding! Love it. Looking forward to stalking all your runs. Haha
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Stoshew71 - (in a humble tone)...Woo-Hoo! I'm cool with that.:smile: Wow. I'm finally somebody.:smile: Moving up!:lol: Hopefully @7lenny7 and I dont let this go to our heads....to much anyways. I'm sure @Elise4270 is level headed enough to keep us in line for you!
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Joining for my first challenge this month. Newest baby just turned 6 mo, I think my plantar fasciitis is finally under control, and the weather is starting to turn...so I'm ready to get back to running. Goal of 60 miles this month.
  • Elise4270
    Options

Oh no, why do I feel like Stan is about to ditch us... JK!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Oh man. It looks like I should get on Strava! Goodness!

@ceciliaslater Could the blister be from a sock seam? That sounds like the spot that would get rubbed by one if your socks were on off-kilter.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Met with personal trainer today to do strength stuff. Talked a bit about the tightness in my hip and she thinks it is just a really tight hip flexor. She suggested foam rolling, static and dynamic stretching before my next run to see if it helps. Has anyone had any experience with this? I have a few stretches she gave me but anything else anyone can recommend that I can do to help it would be great. I don't have a race planned until 6/11 and it is only a 5K but I want to improve my PR not just finish and this is not helping.

3/1 Easy 2 miles
    3/3 1 mile on Treadmill.

22 to go.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... I a'int ditchin' y'ous. (my Jersey coming out). I actually made a bunch of you regulars "Leader" in the group page. If I want to add someone, I have to go find them (1728 members) and is not fun. So if I saw you as i was going through the list, I just clicked you as a leader (whether you like it or not). Some of the folks in the group members I don't think I ever saw post in any of these threads. And some I have not seen in months, even over a year. LOL

OK, you new leaders, don't let it get to your heads (ahem @WhatMeRunning ). And yes @kristinegift Get on strava!!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    March 2nd: rest day
    March 3rd: travelled 6.11 k on the treadmill (32 mins. of running)
    Total for March: 11.74 k; 88.26 k to reach goal
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Only a little 30 min run tonight, plodding along slowly...

exercise.png
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm on Strava now, just spent my evening exporting most of my running data across from other apps so it's all on there. I'm glad I have it all in one place now :) I requested to join the group, hope that's OK.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Hahaha... I a'int ditchin' y'ous. (my Jersey coming out). I actually made a bunch of you regulars "Leader" in the group page. If I want to add someone, I have to go find them (1728 members) and is not fun. So if I saw you as i was going through the list, I just clicked you as a leader (whether you like it or not). Some of the folks in the group members I don't think I ever saw post in any of these threads. And some I have not seen in months, even over a year. LOL

OK, you new leaders, don't let it get to your heads (ahem @WhatMeRunning ). And yes @kristinegift Get on strava!!!

Woot woot!
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Found an hour in the middle of a long day at work to get some miles in. Going to try and stick with 5 milers as my minimum distance as I try to ramp my monthly goals into the 100+ range.

Can some of you Strava users please add me on there (Kevin Kirkbride - 471266)? I need some people to follow, admire, motivate me, etc. Do we have any Strava groups I can join? Thanks in advance.

3-1: nothing
    3-2: 5 miles

Just followed you! Your mileage looks very similar to mine. Looking at your followers I took the opportunity to follow @7lenny7 @ceciliaslater @Virkati and @Stoshew71 as well :)

Did 10k this evening. Really really didn't want to run after getting home from work, but I sucked it up and got out there and wouldn't you know it, I ended up having a lovely run. Legs felt heavy for the first couple of miles, but then I got into a nice rhythm and a little drizzle started and the rest of it just flew by.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Good lord, what was I thinking when I made this month's training plan? I scheduled 1 day off the whole month, two days before the HM. It's only day 3 and I wanna pass.

Should be a short run today, walk tomorrow, group Saturday. So I'm not over doing it. Just miss my couch and I ate too much at lunch.. I know, I'll have a look at the Strava leaderboard and see if I can bump someone. ;)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I'm on Strava now, just spent my evening exporting most of my running data across from other apps so it's all on there. I'm glad I have it all in one place now :) I requested to join the group, hope that's OK.

I also just signed up for Strava. Where were you importing from? If Garmin: was it a huge pain in the butt or is there an easy trick to it?
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    So glad people are on strava now. I can stalk people and secretly hate the faster people and make a smug face when I see slower people