Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You Go Girl!! You got this! You have motivated me once again! Thank you so much for starting this thread!! This has motivated so many people to be accountable, to vent and get things out, and to be supported!! Thank you!
    Thank you!! I saw a little backwards progress this weekend, but it's all good! I know I can turn that around fast as one day isn't going to ruin my week!
  • By43aNewMe
    By43aNewMe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Andrea here. Just hit 42 last week and decided that since my son is 6 I can no longer call it 'baby weight' and really needed to get my sh*& in order. Joined that day after my birthday and looking to loose 80 in a year. I figure it's now or never so I need motivation and inspiration but accountability and the occasional dose of judgement and questioning of my decisions. All of which I am willing to offer in return. I love working out it's just the eating....
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Didn't have the best weekend food wise but some how managed to stay under my calories on sat. Sunday's food choices started out bad but I turned it around and had a decent dinner. Was a little chilly in Ohio but got outside and went for a hike with my hubby through the woods. He took us off the path into the woods and if there was a hill to climb he managed to find it. Felt good to be outside. It is supposed to be in the 60's this week and close to 70 a day or two. Finally. And if further proof is needed regarding spring coming, I saw a couple of flowers starting to peep their little heads up. YEAH! :);) Hope everyone has a good week. Work is almost over and then off to the grocery store.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    It was snowing here today, I manged to get a bit of a walk in before it got too cold, but not as long as I'd have liked. .
    Still, I lost 2lb this week so I'm really happy with that, a long way to go yet, but it is coming off. I know it will slow down at some point so I'm grateful for the losses each week right now. Only 4 weeks until our skiing trip, so I'm hoping my hard work with the weight loss and the running pays off and by the time we go I'll be in better shape to enjoy it!
    I bought some new digital bathroom scales, they tell you your body fat percentage, bmi and hydration level too, I was quite shocked at my body fat level, definitely something else to use as a goal.
    As Gillian said, it's Mothers Day here tomorrow so I'm hoping the weather is ok so I can walk to my Mums to give her a card and her present, it's a good 30 min walk from my house to hers, so it will be a good exercise and help to get some steps in. Hope everybody is having a fab weekend!

YAY! Way to go on the weight loss! You rock lady!!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Samgrim91 wrote: »
    It's not cancer :D we just got the results back, never been so relieved in my life! They still don't know what it is so he needs some more tests but at least we can breath a bit easier now :)

I'm so pleased for you! That is the best news. Really truly happy for you all, what an absolute relief. :)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    @FitEqualsSmile I just downloaded the happy scale app, it looks great! Feeling motivated by it!

If I lose just 1 lb per wk I'll pretty much be at goal by my sisters wedding in August-Im bridesmaid and she's a skinny minny!!! A lb a week is definetly doable! I'm going to join a women's fitness club tomorrow, they have a gym but more appealing are the classes...there's a huge selection from 7am until 9pm. I need to hit a class straight after work at half 3 or 4 o'clock before I go home and get lazy and they look to have different classes everyday around this time! So I'll be trying all sorts, like boxercise and spinning and whatever else is on! I'll let ye know how I'm finding them!!!

Happy Mother's Day to any of you it applies to! And happy Sunday to the rest of you!!!

Awesome... I downloaded that app too! I love it!! The classes sound great! WAY TO GO GIRL!! You keep on moving! So inspiring!!
  • dschoenbein
    dschoenbein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    THANKS! everyone has been really friendly...this is the first day I have reached out to the community. Glad to finally have a few friends. It is an off day from my trainer, so I walked 2.5 miles outside. I love being outside and am hoping it stays cool enough for a bit longer. I will go on the treadmill if I need to, but outside is so much better.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Samgrim91 wrote: »
    Got on the scales yesterday and had a really good result 1.4kg lost (3lbs :))! I have had an okay week - didn't follow calories every day but my slim fast breakfast and lunch have completely taken the stress out of dieting. I managed over 2L of water a day for the first week ever and am back to the gym tonight. Sliding back into the whole healthy living & diet thing so adding to this gradually I plan on trying to stick to my calories a bit better this week and carry on with the water will add 3 gym sessions to this 45mins-1hr.

Awesome job! Way to go!! You are on the right track... Keep up the great work!
  • amclain93
    amclain93 Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello, people! I'm Amber, I'm 22 years old (23 next month),. I'm currently 190, and I hope to ultimately lose the 90! This is my third time trying this app. But, this is also my first time realizing there was a forum (idk how i missed that...) so I think this time I'll be able to stick with it! This is my first 'real' day with the app, though I did log meals from the weekend
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow! Miss a couple of days and I have a ton of reading to do to catch up! You guys are awesome! I love all the inspiration. You guys are funny, entertaining, helpful... There are some days where I think I might get in trouble for not getting any work done because I spend all my time on here. Well, I didn't have a bad weekend, but didn't really track my food. We were too busy working, so I think I got my workouts in, pretty much all day Friday and Saturday and part of the day sunday. We were tiling floors this weekend, so that is quite a workout! My body is feeling it today! But Sunday afternoon we took a break and headed to the beach! We had lunch and a couple of drinks and just walked along the beach. It was a much needed break from the work, and a good way to finish the weekend off. So-Thursday night we were getting ready for bed and my husband went outside for a minute and heard some noises. He went to check in out, and there was a big black bear in our driveway. He came running in for me, and we went out to check it out. It ran off, but stayed close for a few minutes. I thought that was crazy! The house is in a residential area, with house on top of house on top of house. And everyone we talked to said that was totally normal for the bears to just hang out in the neighborhood. Being from Minnesota and spending a lot of time in northern Minnesota and Wisconsin, we have bears. But they don't hang out in neighborhoods. That's crazy! Well, that was my excitement for the weekend. Keep up all the great work, and lets have a great week!
  • amclain93
    amclain93 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    amclain93 wrote: »
    Hello, people! I'm Amber, I'm 22 years old (23 next month),. I'm currently 190, and I hope to ultimately lose the 90! This is my third time trying this app. But, this is also my first time realizing there was a forum (idk how i missed that...) so I think this time I'll be able to stick with it! This is my first 'real' day with the app, though I did log meals from the weekend

Sorry, the app quit on me and cut me off lol!

Anyways, did not do well this weekend, but today has been good. Walked this morning, and it's so nice today I'll probably go out again.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    @ShyCush6 Awesome job on your steps!! What what did you make at your craft night?? I love wine and craft nights! So fun!!

We had a great time Friday night... A lil too much wine, but all is good... We made family birthday boards from Pinterest...
    12814653_10153655076484064_8697886997713178680_n.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I had a fun trip to Urgent Care this morning. I got my finger caught in my training partner's shirt when we were training yesterday and I woke up to a very purple finger this morning. Luckily it's not broken! The Urgent Care doctor said I was the best patient of the morning since I was almost dancing around her office in happiness when she gave me the news.

On the bright side I trained for almost 4 hours this weekend and had an absolute blast. I seriously forgot how good it feels to be a part of a team again. And thanks to my ginger complexion, I'll be wearing long sleeved shirts from now until infinity because I am black and blue all over! I'm clearly bringing sexy back ;)

Sorry about the finger but way to rock your weekend! And to have a blast doing it as well! Motivating for us all!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    Good Morning and Happy Monday friends! I had my best Monday morning weight today, so I am hoping that translates to a decent loss this week. It is supposed to be beautiful here in Minnesota this week, so that will help being able to get out side and run so I don't have to do it on the dreaded treadmill.

cheers to a great week - good luck All!!!

Awesome job! Love the sun shining this morning... the midwest will be beautiful this week, looking forward to it! Enjoy!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    By43aNewMe wrote: »
    Andrea here. Just hit 42 last week and decided that since my son is 6 I can no longer call it 'baby weight' and really needed to get my sh*& in order. Joined that day after my birthday and looking to loose 80 in a year. I figure it's now or never so I need motivation and inspiration but accountability and the occasional dose of judgement and questioning of my decisions. All of which I am willing to offer in return. I love working out it's just the eating....

Welcome! Hope we can help you on your journey!! Check in often!
  • uoflgirl89
    uoflgirl89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    since the weather was so nice outside, I got a nice 20 mintue power walk in on my lunch. So far breakfast and lunch have been good, and I have a large pot of cooked veggies waiting at home for dinner. I can wait. I feel so much better when I get in the exercise. And it has improved my mood since this morning I was down :neutral: but now its all :smiley:
  • Soccerdawg71
    Soccerdawg71 Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have officially lost 26 pounds (since Thanksgiving)! (Still have a long way to go.) I haven't been able to exercise at all for the last 3 weeks because of an awful arthritis flare up, but I've still managed stay under my calorie goal. Apparently, MFP isn't starting where I am, so it says I've lost 17. Whatever, MFP. I'll celebrate my victories. Can't wait to pull out my skinny clothes!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Jimminy Crickets this board was active this morning. Crazy day so far. My birthday is tomorrow and I know it is not going to be calorie friendly so I did 30 minutes in the tower after 45 with my trainer. Tonight is an hour of Yoga followed by pickle ball with the hubby. This is sandwiching an afternoon filled with errands. I am working on making sure my diet is excellent today and the rest of the week (after tomorrow) so the week still show a loss. Keep your fingers crossed
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wowzers! Busy day. Well done to everyone who's had a loss, got off their behinds and done exercise, and those who've managed to stay within their calories. There are all sorts of 'wins' going on.

Well, I didn't make it to RC tonight, and not through choice, but because I am a prized numpty and managed to lock myself out! To cut a long story short, after my OH gets home and lets me in I find the keys amongst the shopping i'd bought, but by this time RC is starting! I race upstairs and get changed in super speedy time, and head out of the door in the hope that I can catch them up....but it was not to be. I ran to our usual route and started off in the hope that i'd find them along the way, but they were nowhere to be seen. So I decided to just run anyway rather than waste the evening altogether. As disappointed as I was to miss Club, I was very pleased that I did 2.2 miles and pretty much ran all of it. I'm getting there, I am seeing improvement each time I run. I'm definitely no Mo Farah, but considering last summer I could barely run for 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to die, I am way ahead of where I was. :)