Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    CJsf1t wrote: »
    Omg! It took me three days to finish reading this thread. It's the best thread on MFP! And I love Oreo original!
    Here in India you get only two other variants. Orange and strawberry. There was a limited edition butterscotch that was awesome. But I only got it one time. Hope we get other flavors soon!
    Dang, that butterscotch sounds amazing. I wouldn't mind trying the orange for the novelty

And THIS is why we need an oreo exchange program!
  • glassyo
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    And for my 2,000th post on this site:

Oreo pandas.

b7cce2f59f02dabdaf8a5ce7aa778cd8.jpg

Dare I say those are too adorable to eat?
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Oreo pandas.

Dare I say those are too adorable to eat?

no such thing
    nom nom nom
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Have not had an OREO in months but do think i'd prefer the Thins too...when eating them before wud always scrape out the centers, they were just sickly sweet (for me)....... have tossed the idea around of buying the "thins" but can't trust myself to have them around.
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I actually prefer Oreo Thins. They're crunchier.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Omg! It took me three days to finish reading this thread. It's the best thread on MFP! And I love Oreo original!
    Here in India you get only two other variants. Orange and strawberry. There was a limited edition butterscotch that was awesome. But I only got it one time. Hope we get other flavors soon!
    Dang, that butterscotch sounds amazing. I wouldn't mind trying the orange for the novelty

I agree! I so want to taste the peanut butter ones! My sister is coming down to India from US next month. She needs to make some space for my oreos
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I tried double stuffed Oreos for the first time yesterday. Why have I been wasting my life eating single stuffed cookies when these things exist? Why did no-one tell me about this?
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I tried double stuffed Oreos for the first time yesterday. Why have I been wasting my life eating single stuffed cookies when these things exist? Why did no-one tell me about this?

Did you know there is a Mega Stuff as well?
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options

WHAAAAAT?!!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I'm not sure if I'd want to pay for international shipping but yeah that does sound pretty neat.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    rzu8nn305xji.jpg

WHAAAAAT?!!

Yes!!! Mega Stuff.

O.jpg 385K
  • glassyo
    Options

I'm not sure if I'd want to pay for international shipping but yeah that does sound pretty neat.

LOL I was just thinking that. International postage would be wayyyyyyyyy more than the price of a package of the domestic flavors.

But, god, that butterscotch sounded good.

(And, because I had to, both amazon and ebay failed me. :))
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I happened to pass by the grocery aisle with the Oreos and saw the packages of Red Velvet Oreos. After reading this thread, I decided to try them. I don't know whether to thank you Carlos_421 or curse you! The cookies are amazing dipped in milk and the filling is delicious! I'm asking my son to lock them up so that I can have them in controlled amounts or I may not stop until the milk is all gone! YUM!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    This makes me very sad:

MILLARD COUNTY, Utah -- A semi tractor-trailer hauling Oreos and crackers went up in flames after a tire blow-out on Interstate 15 in Millard County Monday afternoon.

The truck driver was traveling in the Dog Valley at mile marker 138 when friction from the tire blowout ignited the fire, according to Utah Highway Patrol.

The fire closed one lane of southbound I-15 for more than hour. While the load was a total loss, there no reported injuries. [Don't the Oreos count?!?]

http://fox13now.com/2016/03/07/oreos-crackers-destroyed-in-truck-fire-no-injuries/
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    @nutmegoreo
    OMG for the love of all things Oreo.... you're killing me with your avatar... they don't sell those here... probably a good thing too. They look awesome ;) I'm quite sure it had nothing to do with stumbling across this thread but when I was at the store (cough cough) a bit ago when I happened to be in front of the Oreo's... Nothing jumped out at me. I must have gone to a small store that had little selection. They didn't have anything other regular other than the thin ones. I've tried the Reese's and got so hooked on them... they seem to be gone for ever though... so I guess I can stop going to the meetings. Gawd those were good!

@Hearts_2015

LOL! They were so good! I will be buying another box, and hopefully will be able to keep it to one per day. The avi is because of this thread (of course). Also because of this thread, my Oreo consumption has increased dramatically (I hadn't had one in years, now I'm on my second pack of the thins, and ate the whole box of ice cream sandwiches). No regrets! I am beginning to suspect @Carlos_421 is a shill for Oreo. :wink:

Well, Nabisco is a publically traded company...

I got original thins a couple days ago for the first time and tried them. They are amazing. The perfect cookie to cream ratio (less cream, please). The huz who likes cream tried the megastuff, but says it is too much cream so he'll probably go back to doublestuff in the future.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

They do include the toxic ingredient sodium bicarbonate. You may be onto something.

Pleas enlighten me. Why is making soda toxic?

It's a running forum joke...some poor soul actually thought that kfc chicken was toxic because one of the ingredients was "sodium bicarbonate"

As for myself I apologize for not giving my daily Oreo updates as I'm sure everyone is on the edge of his or her seat. I am happy to report that my desk drawer has been restocked with a package of regular Oreos....the greatest packaged cookie of all time

I was on the edge of seat. Thank goodness that crisis was averted :bigsmile:

Oreo pandas.

I believe, in honor of your 2000th post, you were sending a round of these out for everyone who has posted in this thread (except the doubters, I get theirs). I will patiently be waiting :smooched:
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

They do include the toxic ingredient sodium bicarbonate. You may be onto something.

It's a running forum joke...some poor soul actually thought that kfc chicken was toxic because one of the ingredients was "sodium bicarbonate"

As for myself I apologize for not giving my daily Oreo updates as I'm sure everyone is on the edge of his or her seat. I am happy to report that my desk drawer has been restocked with a package of regular Oreos....the greatest packaged cookie of all time

Oreo pandas.

I believe, in honor of your 2000th post, you were sending a round of these out for everyone who has posted in this thread (except the doubters, I get theirs). I will patiently be waiting :smooched:

Gonna have to contract that one out. I don't do crafty stuff. Lol
  • glassyo
    Options
    I'm still shocked about the double stuff oreo calories so I had to look at the package when I went to the market today and it's not even the higher calorie oreos! It's the 140 calories for 2 oreos!

So those are next on my list when it's time to buy more cookies. :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

Oreo pandas.

Send me the goods, I'll make them this weekend. Of course, I'll have to make sure they are edible. Every. Single. One. :laugh:
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    I'm still shocked about the double stuff oreo calories so I had to look at the package when I went to the market today and it's not even the higher calorie oreos! It's the 140 calories for 2 oreos!

So those are next on my list when it's time to buy more cookies. :)

Hate to break your heart but the originals are 160 for 3. Another reason they're better.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Ingredients

Oreo pandas.

Send me the goods, I'll make them this weekend. Of course, I'll have to make sure they are edible. Every. Single. One. :laugh:

:p