Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Have you guys tried the cinnamon bun oreos? Got them the other day on a whim (those displays at the cash registers always get me) and they are amazinggg. Everyone in my suite loved them.

Cinnamon cookies with basically the same cream. So good and they fill a different sort of craving in a way, so you could really buy those and normal oreos and decide if you want chocolate or sweet cinnamon. Variety!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm still shocked about the double stuff oreo calories so I had to look at the package when I went to the market today and it's not even the higher calorie oreos! It's the 140 calories for 2 oreos!

So those are next on my list when it's time to buy more cookies. :)

Hate to break your heart but the originals are 160 for 3. Another reason they're better.

*blink*

I'm not even sure how long it's been since I had the original. Before my obsession started with all the limited edition flavors, I stuck to the bite size oreos because...quantity, bayyyyyyybe.

I guess I'll have to buy the original AND the double stuff oreos now. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    alp_19 wrote: »
    Have you guys tried the cinnamon bun oreos? Got them the other day on a whim (those displays at the cash registers always get me) and they are amazinggg. Everyone in my suite loved them.

Cinnamon cookies with basically the same cream. So good and they fill a different sort of craving in a way, so you could really buy those and normal oreos and decide if you want chocolate or sweet cinnamon. Variety!
    They are pretty great. Try microwaving them for a little bit!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm still shocked about the double stuff oreo calories so I had to look at the package when I went to the market today and it's not even the higher calorie oreos! It's the 140 calories for 2 oreos!

So those are next on my list when it's time to buy more cookies. :)

Hate to break your heart but the originals are 160 for 3. Another reason they're better.

Oh shoot I think that was me that first noticed that. I was comparing double stuff to red velvet. No comparison for 160 cals... Double stuff FTW
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    When is National 'Peak Freans - Shortcake cookies dipped in milk' Day?

Hahahahaha damn. I have lost this battle ;)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    ironhajee wrote: »
    When is National 'Peak Freans - Shortcake cookies dipped in milk' Day?

I have lost this battle ;)

Is it a battle when a lone vagabond throws a stone at the Roman legion?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Holy page four sadness bump

And in for Oreo pandas
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    03.1.jpg

Something for St. Patrick's Day.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    03.1.jpg

Something for St. Patrick's Day.

Tis a true lucky charm! And magically delicious!
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    'Tis 8:00 AM...

I do believe it's time for an Oreo!

I picked up a package of the limited edition "filled cupcake" ones last night...I'll be trying one of those later today.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

I picked up a package of the limited edition "filled cupcake" ones last night...I'll be trying one of those later today.

Do report your findings.

I ranked them just below the brownie batter.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Running a 10k tonight, so I'll have some extra calories to work with. I'm thinking it's an Oreo kind of night...
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Running a 10k tonight, so I'll have some extra calories to work with. I'm thinking it's an Oreo kind of night...

Best kind-o-nights!

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »

Best kind-o-nights!

Even with my pre-logged day that includes a big bowl of cottage cheese and fruit after dinner, I'm still looking at almost 600 calories to fill. I might even splurge and have some milk to go with the O's.
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Is there a way I can get this thread printed in paper back? (I'd pay for hardcover if not too expensive) I want it as a coffee table book.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »

Best kind-o-nights!

Even with my pre-logged day that includes a big bowl of cottage cheese and fruit after dinner, I'm still looking at almost 600 calories to fill. I might even splurge and have some milk to go with the O's.

Studies show that runners who fuel with Oreos are 3% faster than those who don't.
  • PurelyNicole
    PurelyNicole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

They were engineered to be delicious.
  • jokoh92
    jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    And their vegan friendly! But unfortunately for me they are one of my trigger foods to binge :(
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    .[/quote]

Studies show that runners who fuel with Oreos are 3% faster than those who don't.[/quote]

During the NOLA RnR 1/2 Marathon a couple of weeks ago the only "spectator snack" that I grabbed as a I ran by was an Oreo. I set a personal best so there may be some truth in that statement.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

Do report your findings.

I ranked them just below the brownie batter.

I'd agree - middle of the road as far as Oreos go (I couldn't wait and had to have one!)

Better than the chocolate cream, birthday cake, brownie batter, and golden

About equal to red velvet, cinnamon bun (though probably slightly behind all of these)

Below Regular, Double Stuff, Mint