Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Whittedo wrote: »

Studies show that runners who fuel with Oreos are 3% faster than those who don't.[/quote]

During the NOLA RnR 1/2 Marathon a couple of weeks ago the only "spectator snack" that I grabbed as a I ran by was an Oreo. I set a personal best so there may be some truth in that statement.[/quote]

My man! You did the NOLA 1/2? Nice job!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

My man! You did the NOLA 1/2? Nice job!

And now we know the secret to success: Oreos

Edited to fix whacked out quotes.
  • Carlos_421
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    'Tis 8:00 AM...

I do believe it's time for an Oreo!

I picked up a package of the limited edition "filled cupcake" ones last night...I'll be trying one of those later today.

Do report your findings.

I ranked them just below the brownie batter.

I'd agree - middle of the road as far as Oreos go (I couldn't wait and had to have one!)

Better than the chocolate cream, birthday cake, brownie batter, and golden

About equal to red velvet, cinnamon bun (though probably slightly behind all of these)

Below Regular, Double Stuff, Mint

Of the ones I've tried, I would rank them as so:

Champion: Original

First Tier Winners: Triple Double, Double Stuf, Brownie Batter, Filled Cupcake, Reese's - (in order)

Second Tier Winner: Cinnamon Bun

Losers: Mint
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Tried some Hydrox because I don't think I've ever had them before. Not good. Filling too stiff, cookies too thick and not crispy enough.

Back to Oreos it is.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The classic: Regular Oreos
    Champ: cotton candy, microwaved cinnamon buns, gingerbread, thin mints, white fudge
    Great: cookies and cream, Reese's, regular Oreo thins, toasted coconut, normal cinnamon buns
    Decent: brownie batter, s'mores
    Would not buy again: red velvet, peppermint
    Honestly don't remember: Double / Mega stuff

Amazing Oreo knock off: HEB cherry limeade 2wister
    Not worth it Oreo knock off: HEB candy cane 2wister

I have a pack of cupcake filled. I'm just waiting to finish off the rest of my maple creme cookies.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I picked up a package of the limited edition "filled cupcake" ones last night...I'll be trying one of those later today.

Do report your findings.

I'd agree - middle of the road as far as Oreos go (I couldn't wait and had to have one!)

About equal to red velvet, cinnamon bun (though probably slightly behind all of these)

First Tier Winners: Triple Double, Double Stuf, Brownie Batter, Filled Cupcake, Reese's - (in order)

Oy I forgot so many!

Of the ones I've tried, I'd rank them:

Tier 1: Regular & Double Stuff
    Tier 2: Mint, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Bun
    Tier 3: Red Velvet, Filled Cupcake, Triple Double
    Tier 4: Brownie Batter, Golden
    Utter Abominations: Birthday Cake, Chocolate Cream, White Fudge

And it should be duly noted that in the grand scheme of things, even the "Utter Abominations" would sit on the top of Mount Everest compared to Kale (which sits at the bottom of the deepest ocean trench)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options

Do report your findings.

Oy I forgot so many!

Of the ones I've tried, I'd rank them:

Tier 1: Regular & Double Stuff
    Tier 2: Mint, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Bun
    Tier 3: Red Velvet, Filled Cupcake, Triple Double
    Tier 4: Brownie Batter, Golden
    Utter Abominations: Birthday Cake, Chocolate Cream, White Fudge

And it should be duly noted that in the grand scheme of things, even the "Utter Abominations" would sit on the top of Mount Everest compared to Kale (which sits at the bottom of the deepest ocean trench)

Oooooo we're ranking! Of the ones I've tried:

Tier 1: Thins, S'moreos, Reeses, Original
    Tier 2:Cinnamon Bun, Golden Birthday Cake, Lemon, Lemon Twist
    Tier 3: Red Velvet, Peanut Butter
    Tier 4: Brownie Batter, Cotton Candy, Gingerbread

Notes: Cinnamon bun microwaved, Golden birthday cake...I liked better with the frosting separated from the wafer, Red Velvet only for the filling. I didn't like the wafer, same with the Cotton Candy. Brownie batter was too rich for me so I ended up eating only the wafer part.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Fudge covered Oreos are the most amazing flavor I've ever tried.

My boyfriend bought me white fudge covered oreos for Valentines day and that's how I knew he loved me.

@guinevere96 that's a keeper
  • JoRocka
    Options
    ironhajee wrote: »
    I have discussed this with my team of Nutrition Debate People. We have dedicated our lives to the exploration of the most exquisit cookie and milk combo And we have come to the conclusion that in fact the Oero is inferior to the Peak Freans Shortcake Cookie.

I have my Bachelor of Masters of PHD in this matter so therefore no argument can be made.

My my how the turn has tabled. . .

>:)

where can you even get peak freans shortcakes?

If I cant' get them in the deli next door to my house- your argument is invalid.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Tried some Hydrox because I don't think I've ever had them before. Not good. Filling too stiff, cookies too thick and not crispy enough.

Back to Oreos it is.

I'm glad you learned from your mistake.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Do report your findings.

QFT
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Oh!! And I tried the thins the other day.

Tier 2.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I cracked open the Red Velvet Oreos last night and was underwhelmed. All I could taste was cream cheese but too artificial tasting. I had tried one last year that a friend brought to work and didn't love them, but I wanted to, and now I'm stuck with a whole bag... At least I have double stuff to mix them with!

Also, cals are the same for two Double Stuff as they are for the original. What kind of nabisco wizardry is that!?

I concur with these observations.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My rankings would be:
    Tier One - Double Stuff
    Tier Two - Regular, Brownie Batter, S'Moreos
    Tier Three - Pumpkin Spice, Reeses
    Tier Four - Red Velvet, Lemon, Key Lime
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    We tried the Cupcake Filled today as well. I have yet to try many of the "golden" flavors, mainly because I cannot fully accept non-chocolate Oreos.

My rankings:
    Tier 1: Regular (includes the seasonal colored ones as well as Double Stuf)
    Tier 2: S'Moreos, Mint, Peanut Butter
    Tier 3: Cupcake filled
    Tier 4: Red Velvet, Birthday Cake

Man. I clearly need to try more Oreo flavors.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    We tried the Cupcake Filled today as well. I have yet to try many of the "golden" flavors, mainly because I cannot fully accept non-chocolate Oreos.

My rankings:

You are right that the originals are the best but if you think that "regular" includes double stuf, I'm going to have to recommend that you go back to Oreo school.
  • mOsThaGod
    mOsThaGod Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

LOL..

Yeah someone is a Hitler of cheat days..

C'mooooon..nothing wrong with it..especially the diet Oreo cookies..or are they against the food law as well..lmao..

The diet version gives you the crunch and satisfaction..now i haven't seen them in a while...and I'm living in what the"Food Network" declared as the FATTEST state in America..Texas..LOL almost everyone has kankles

Dietary foods just aren't available as they are in other states...there are some but the variety is scarce...

Go for your Oreos sweetie..just don't over indulge ..
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

My rankings:

You are right that the originals are the best but if you think that "regular" includes double stuf, I'm going to have to recommend that you go back to Oreo school.

You're right. It was a poor choice of words and I was just trying to save space.

I will say it: It makes no sense, but I preferred the colored seasonal ones to noncolored Double Stuf. #sorrynotsorry
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    mOsThaGod wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

LOL..

Yeah someone is a Hitler of cheat days..

C'mooooon..nothing wrong with it..especially the diet Oreo cookies..or are they against the food law as well..lmao..

The diet version gives you the crunch and satisfaction..now i haven't seen them in a while...and I'm living in what the"Food Network" declared as the FATTEST state in America..Texas..LOL almost everyone has kankles

Dietary foods just aren't available as they are in other states...there are some but the variety is scarce...

Go for your Oreos sweetie..just don't over indulge ..
    This post reminded me that low fat Oreos existed, and that I tried one out of morbid curiosity. I need to fix my rank list.

The classic: Regular Oreos
    Champ: cotton candy, microwaved cinnamon buns, gingerbread, thin mints, white fudge
    Great: cookies and cream, Reese's, regular Oreo thins, toasted coconut, normal cinnamon buns
    Decent: brownie batter, s'mores
    Would not buy again: red velvet, peppermint
    Honestly don't remember: Double / Mega stuffed
    Stop selling these, Nabisco: Low Fat Oreos

Amazing Oreo knock off: HEB cherry limeade 2wister
    Not worth it Oreo knock off: HEB candy cane 2wister