40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Chest & Tris today! DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    3furballs wrote: »
    Well I was very happy at kettlebell class, I did cleans (only 30 seconds per arm mind you) with purple bells which are 20kgs (almost 45lbs!)! We did 60 second light (12kg), 45 second medium (16kg) and then 30 with the heavy! We did that format for most of the class, but most of the moves I was using 8kg, 12kg and 16kg. Getting the 20kg over my head will be a while yet!

Great lifting!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    rkdrzf6e8red.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    alf1163 wrote: »
    rkdrzf6e8red.jpeg

LOL! yup! :s

"INSANITY: THE ASYLUM® Volume 1 Relief"=Done! so...not only does my cardio suck...my flexibility has taken a hit! I have a LOT of work to do. i'm on it!

• Demed70
    Demed70 Posts: 28 Member
    Hi all,

45 year old, and just started Crossfit. :) Loving every minute of it.
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • mckenziej6256
    mckenziej6256 Posts: 7 Member
    I would love to join but not sure how. I am turning 50 this year and would like to lose 28lbs. I am currently going through the menopause and also have an underactive thyroid which can prove losing weight very slow. I had issues with eating years ago and was very thin but have made up for this the last 15 years. I attend Boogie Bounce, Bootcamp, Stretch and Tone and also Metafit classes once a week and also enjoy a long brisk walk a couple of times a week. Looking for some support and encouragement and I would like to learn more about "eating clean" as I tend to just calorie count and it does get a bit tedious sometimes.
  • gam3rguy
    33 mins on elliptical (wanted 5 miles/30 mins...whatever came second) followed by some Bis & Tris! DONE!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Glad to see everyone is still trucking along and trying to keep active.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I would love to join but not sure how. I am turning 50 this year and would like to lose 28lbs. I am currently going through the menopause and also have an underactive thyroid which can prove losing weight very slow. I had issues with eating years ago and was very thin but have made up for this the last 15 years. I attend Boogie Bounce, Bootcamp, Stretch and Tone and also Metafit classes once a week and also enjoy a long brisk walk a couple of times a week. Looking for some support and encouragement and I would like to learn more about "eating clean" as I tend to just calorie count and it does get a bit tedious sometimes.

Hi! This isn't a private group that you need to officially join. Just post away. We are a bunch of 40+ yr olds who love to take care of ourselves by eating well and exercising. You are on your way with all the activities you are doing and tracking. Eating clean? Just shoot for more natural foods, cut down on processed, packaged foods as much as possible.

Gam, you are an animal!!!

3furballs, good seeing you!!

I'm about 2-3 lbs from my weight goal. Yay!!! Have a great weekend!
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Hi! Age 50 coming up in June and trying to lose 25 more lbs before then. I officially hit a 20lb loss today, thats almost halfway to goal. It took too long for my liking to lost the 20, I started in November, struggled with a dislocated rib for 8 weeks. But I'm able to exercise more now, and I've stopped with the daily beer even though it was in my calories, and now reserve that for social drinking perhaps one night a week. Once I replaced beer calories with food calories, my 4 week lull ended and I'm seeing loss again.

The goal gets me down to 143, which should be a weight to get me back into my size 8 clothing that I still have, and more fit than I've even been. I'm 5'5" I'm going to re-evaluate when I hit that to see if going lower is wanted/needed. I still have even smaller clothes, I want to be a size 6 eventually but that may be too lofty a goal to get to by mid-June, and I'm not sure what weight that will be since last time I was a 6, I didn't even own a scale, I just used measuring tape on my waist! The lightest I've been as an adult was 126-128, but without much muscle.

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Well I am not getting to my goal weight. Roll up the rim is over do back to mint cocao tea on Monday.Hoping scaling the sugar back will help. I'm under my calorie goal most days but not seeing a loss. Going to borrow my mom's scales while she's away so I can weigh first thing in the morning.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Hi everyone, so glad to find this thread! Love seeing other positive folks over 40! It seems we just jump in so here it goes....

I'm 40 and have 4 boys, ages 4, 6, 9 and 11. My days are full to capacity and I find it difficult to keep my workouts and food managed every day but the scale is moving in the right direction overall. Slow and steady...

Today I committed to burning 300 calories on the elliptical and already have half of them in the books. WooHoo for me! :)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    I spent several hours on Saturday morning shoveling and hauling mulch at church. My shoulders and upper back are sore today! !
  • gam3rguy
    "Rest"=Done! hike with the pup after lunch!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 1 & Core 1"=Done!
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2016
    43 this year. Just started 22 Minute Hard Corps. Cold Start, Cardio 1 and Core 1. Didn't have time to finish Core this morning but will do it after work. Nice to meet you all!!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited March 2016
    Today was supposed to be boot camp day, but I was feeling so wiped out thanks to TOM that I had to skip it and opt for a light walk/jog on the treadmill instead. At least I did SOMETHING I guess.

And my arm still hurts from strength class on Friday. I hope I didn't do any damage. :neutral:
  • _kingbooble
    _kingbooble Posts: 25 Member
    just found the group and am turning 51 soon(gulp). Not sure how I got there.. but I am taking my goal(s) a step at a time, literally, but have about another 5stone to loose on top of the five already gone. I don't feel like an old man yet and want to try and get and stay fit into my older years and also do some scuba diving again.. maybe.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Strength training on Saturday and a good snowshoe yesterday. We won't be snowshoeing much longer, as the snow is melting fast! We didn't make it as far as we would have liked because the lakes were dangerous to cross. Met my husband met us at the first pond (he was on his way back) and told us he had gone through the ice about 4x and was soaked, so turned around and headed back out. All in all, it was almost 2 hours so, not too bad.
    Had a lunch date with my 4 year old granddaughter on Saturday. Too funny! We discussed the kids in her class. When asking her about playing with the boys (she wouldn't for the first few months), she said "yes", and that "Tanner was her favourite". I asked why? She replied "We fell in love. I'm going to marry Tanner." I know Tanner is a popular boy in her JK class, so I asked if Tanner says he is going to marry her. She replies "No. He doesn't know yet. It's the girls decision who she is going to marry. She can choose, but only if he's a nice guy. " LOL! Out of the mouth of babes. ;)