Team WTF--- Witness the Fitness (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
bmfrazie
bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
This is a place for all of our team to talk and support eachother through the rowing challenge. I will need to know your burn daily so you can either post it on this or send me a message. I will do all the leg work of adding up the group totals and turning in our official numbers.

OH DID I MENTION THAT OUR TEAM IS ALL LADIES!! GIRL POWER!!! WE WILL ROW OVER EVERYONE!!

Replies

• sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am Allyson, I live in Texas very close to Austin and I have a 4yo. and live on a small farm(ish) I walk over an hour a day feeding, watering and making sure all the animals are ok. I don't log it cause I do it daily.

I am very excited about this group. It is so much better then normal challenges cause we are working as a team and we all need each other. :)

Looking forward to meeting the rest of the team.
    Ally
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Here is my intro as your team captain. I am Belinda and am 28 years old. I am a newly wed with an amazing 8 year old son that keeps me on my feet. I have always had a strong passion for running since I was little. In fact, I coach track for a local middle school and am a PE/Health teacher.

I joined MFP a few months back because I want to become a healthier person for my family. I typically earn my calories from running, zumba, 30 Day Shred or my push up and sit up challenges. I find that MFP is a great support base for me reach new goals and stay on track. I am sure I would have given up if it wasn't for all of the support I find here.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! My name is Jennifer and I currently reside in Ky. I love to run!! Its like the best drug in the world and I think I'm addicted! lol. I'm looking fwd. to being a part of this group and accumulating some serious calorie burnage! :) I hope to get the chance to get to know everyone on a personal basis and I'm always open to suggestions.
    "Let"s Do This" :wink: :smile: :wink:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! My name is Lorri, I am 35 and I live in Pembroke GA. I have 3 children, 14, 15, and 16 year old. Two sons and the middle is my daugther. I am married to a wonderful man, we have been married 17 years this July. I am on week 8 of the C25k program and I just signed up for a Half Marathon. It is the Rock and Roll Marathon Series. I burn most of my calories from running and walking. I am looking forward to this challenge. I know I will burn some serious calories training.
  • sundance2032
    Options
    Hey Lorri I heard you came up with our name, just wanted to say I LOVE it :) I am so bad at names and would have NEVER thought of something so great.
    Just to show how had at names I am we have 4 dogs named Licorice, Lady, Hiccup, and Sausha. A cat named Meow Meow and a fish named Bata. Yes my daughter named them but I was no help at all :)
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Kelly. I'm in a rather soggy southwest Iowa. Anybody need some water? We got some.

I have signed up for my first 5K and am intrigued by a half marathon. Most of my calorie burn will be running, but I do bike and elliptical and once in a while I make the horse burn a few calories too.

I have a 7 year old son and am approaching my 23rd anniversary with my husband.

Let's DO this!!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    This is currently who is on our team. It looks like we have 2 open spots. I will let you guys know if that changes. If you have a friend that wants to join let me know before those last few spots fill up. (sorry I didn't type out the full names for everyone)

1. Bmfrazie

2. Libby
    my mother in law :)

3. Sundance

4. PeachyKeene

5. RunningAddict

6. Mommyoftwins05

7. Luv_lea

8. Pink Princess

9. BeautifulArtemis

10. cdenham001

11. Kristiek7

12. 1horsetown

13. concealedpearl
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    Hey there!!

I'm Kristie, country girl!!! Live in a small town in Ontario, love hanging out with our cows and chickens! I have an 8 year old son who loves to be outside constantly, so he definately helps to keep me in shape! I have arthritis and broke an ankle years ago (needed surgery, etc) and was told to expect only to be able to do activities such as swimming, running was never going to happen. Well of course my dream was to run! I've recently completed the C25K (I am so insanely proud of this!!!) and will start the one hour runner program next week. running 3x's a week is where I burn most of my cals, but have recently started using weights. I've also this year completed the 30 day shred and ripped in 30....but I'm hooked on the running!!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You missed my 05 at the end :)

Hi I'm Jenn. I'm 30 years old. I'm engaged to a wonderful man and I have 4 children 9,8 and twin 6 year olds. Plus I have a step daughter she is almost 15! I live in Michigan. I joined here months ago but started being very active here may 31st. I love the support here. I don't burn many calories during the week. But I plan to walk every day during the weekend (when the fiancee is home) We will be a great team :)
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    Hey Lorri I heard you came up with our name, just wanted to say I LOVE it :) I am so bad at names and would have NEVER thought of something so great.
    Just to show how had at names I am we have 4 dogs named Licorice, Lady, Hiccup, and Sausha. A cat named Meow Meow and a fish named Bata. Yes my daughter named them but I was no help at all :)

HAHa! I am not creative either. I found that name on the internet. I googled great fitness team names and that was one of them that came up.lol To tell you how creative I am, my dogs are Sweetpea & Bear and I have a cat Buttercup.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Well I guess I need to share my pet names. I have two dogs a male boxer named Yzerman (who knows what this is after) and a female Treeing Walker Coonhound named Micah (like the rock but spelled different).
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Ashlea and I come from SW Missouri. It's pretty small town here where I live, but I love the dirt roads to run and the clear cold creeks here!! I love to run, swim, canoe, and go for bike rides. If I'm not burning calories that way I usually try to do the 30 Day Shred/6 week six pack videos; or I just hit the gym & do whatever I'm in the mood for. This challenge def. sounds like a lot of fun, and I agree, the team part of it really has me interested/excited! Looking forward to talking to all of you in the future! Best of luck! =)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!

I'm Kristie, country girl!!! Live in a small town in Ontario, love hanging out with our cows and chickens! I have an 8 year old son who loves to be outside constantly, so he definately helps to keep me in shape! I have arthritis and broke an ankle years ago (needed surgery, etc) and was told to expect only to be able to do activities such as swimming, running was never going to happen. Well of course my dream was to run! I've recently completed the C25K (I am so insanely proud of this!!!) and will start the one hour runner program next week. running 3x's a week is where I burn most of my cals, but have recently started using weights. I've also this year completed the 30 day shred and ripped in 30....but I'm hooked on the running!!

That is awesome!! Def. something to be proud of!!!
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Hi All, my name is Luul which means pearl in Arabic I'm 28 years old and I live in Toronto, Ontario. I am also trying to lose weight and get fit and be healthy. I am currently doing the Turbo Fire program which I totally love and doing other workouts on the side as well. I love working out and the feeling it gives me. This challenge is exciting and will motivate me to burn more calories.
    Nice meeting you all...now lets start burning some calories.
  • mindy71183
    mindy71183 Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am hope I am not tool ate to get one of the open spots.
  • sundance2032
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am hope I am not tool ate to get one of the open spots.

Me too, we need to get you back on the wagon :)
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    concealedpearl and Kristiek7 - you both live in Ontario, are you MFP friends already and are ya'll close to one another. I wish I had some MFP friends near me, so we can meet up sometime.
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If there are still two openings left, you can count myself and my mom (dcrawshaw) in!!
    I'm 30, single and have two dogs (Boo Bear & Sadie), two cats (Katydid & Stitch) and a horse (Kobe). I get my calories burned pretty much any way possible. Sometimes it's cutting firewood, walking, running, biking, water aerobics, P90X, 30DS, home improvement, cooking, working in my leather shop, etc, etc. You get the idea. LOL

My mom is a few years older than me and we work out about as frequently as we can. We live 2.5 miles apart, but sometimes our schedules don't mesh very well. She has a miniature schnauzer (Tucker) & a cat (Doc Holladay). She gets her exercise in the yard mostly during the summer and whenever she accompanies me in my workouts. We really enjoy biking together!! Mom & Dad have been married for 36 years and are still madly in love (it's kinda gross from my perspective, but I'm grateful anyway...lol). They live on a small farm that keeps Dad busy and out of her hair most of the time.

Oh! We live in NE Kansas and, yes, the weather is exactly like they say it is. :)
  • LibbyBelanger
    LibbyBelanger Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    HI I am Belinda's Mother-in-law and really glad she can keep us all motivated. I can't wait to start in July. I'm having a good week this week on burning calories, which we could start today!!
  • mindy71183
    mindy71183 Posts: 74
    Options
    I am taking a quick break from work to introduce myself (hopefully there's a spot left for me!). :)

My name is Mindy, I am 27, I'll be 28 in a little under three weeks. I live in Delaware with my husband, our two year old daughter and a miniature schanuzer named Carrie. I work in Accounting and right now we are nearing the end of the fiscal year so things are getting busy. I love my job and the people I work with. I was doing JM 30DS and working out with fitness classes three times a week from March until Mid May, but then my mother in law's cancer got progressively worse and she passed on May 19th. Since then it has been hard to get back in the swing of things and I am hoping this challenge will be good for me. I have a very competitve personality (I played sports for most of my life) and I like to win, so I think this will be the motivation I need!