Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Have fun, POF!

Thanks!

@quiksylver296 sober days are officially over. I arrived at my brother's condo, no food, nothing to drink, had to jump on a conference call. The only thing to eat was roasted peanuts and the only thing to drink was vodka or bad wine. I opted for the bad wine.

I am officially drinking again until after Nashville. That is my next break. Headed for the beach now!!!! Before its too dark...

Wrinkles nose and throat constricts. It is sad that you had to end your streak on bad wine instead of something tasty.

Well after 1 glass I was kind of done. It wasn't worth it. So that was good. :smiley:

I probably ate 2000 calories of dry roasted peanuts. That was lunch and dinner. At Walmart now so I should eat better tomorrow.

I guess I am just surprised there is a Walmart in PR. Then I looked it up on Google, yep and in Puerto Vallarta apparently...

I only remember that since you can send money grams/money transfers there.

And it's PACKED every time. In that same strip mall they have Marshalls (let's just say the clothing selection isn't quite the same as the states) and JC Penny's, a Chili's. Post ponderosa, etc. They also have a Nike outlet, etc. Everything you could ever want....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    POF, I hope you are having an awesome time! Boo for bad wine...bad wine is a travesty.

I had a bit more last night.... still not the best. Walmart selection wasn't great! I am posting pics in a bit. I LOVE this place.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I've been eating (too much) without logging for the past few days, but I'm staying within my limit for today.

Also, there's a thunderstorm happening, so I have done nothing today except stay in bed reading and listening to ridiculous gothic metal to be dramatic. That's what rain and vacations are for.

well being in bed and reading..not sure about ridiculous gothic metal

(okay, we can concede that the music is optional. But it adds to the rainy atmosphere and makes me double sad which cancels out to not sad at all.) Additionally, I am putting Christopher Hitchens' memoir on hold to read a fantasy novel, because vacations are also meant for potato chip books.
    Second confession of the day: chocolate-covered raisins for lunch.

My pre-coffee mind turned that into chocolate-covered potato chips for lunch. I have been totally meaning to save up some calories to try chocolate-covered potato chips. MMmmmm, they sound so dangerously delicious... :#

Wait, do those actually exist? :0 I should definitely not be allowed near them...

They are amazing.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Have fun, POF!

Thanks!

@quiksylver296 sober days are officially over. I arrived at my brother's condo, no food, nothing to drink, had to jump on a conference call. The only thing to eat was roasted peanuts and the only thing to drink was vodka or bad wine. I opted for the bad wine.

I am officially drinking again until after Nashville. That is my next break. Headed for the beach now!!!! Before its too dark...

Bummer. I do not want to end my #soberdays streak on bad alcohol. Hope the beach was awesome!

I think you finish Saturday right? Pick better selections than me.
  • Oberon21
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Pics to date!
    1lx105sed7mg.jpg
    This is the view from the back porch of the condo.

aq0j0j9ovsmg.jpg
    Random Flower

bbvant95ajqk.jpg
    ecty2ogxlezn.jpg

• Oberon21
    Options
    that is weird the back porch one didn't post. i'll try again.

80x31kr9fc79.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Pics from my run this am.

0af74j7szkb0.jpg

dujar419b60y.jpg
    7zoitisj17g8.jpg

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Nice pics,POF!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    @Oberon21 Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Have fun, POF!

Thanks!

Bummer. I do not want to end my #soberdays streak on bad alcohol. Hope the beach was awesome!

I think you finish Saturday right? Pick better selections than me.

Nope. May 20th, not March 20th.

Those pics are great. I really love the spiky-looking pink flower.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I love all the animals, Patricia! Especially the turtles!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I love all the animals, Patricia! Especially the turtles!!

Me too!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Those look awesome, Kelly. I've never seen that brand around here.
    As far as Edy's, I've only found the new flavors at Hannaford. I plan on trying the Apple Pie one next..then Texas Pecan.

Weis had the new flavors, but I wasn't paying $5.00.

I went to pick up more Dannon yogurt, but of course had to check out the ice cream selection.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

10 days until Easter. I am so ready to break my Lenten fast. I almost caved yesterday and again this morning. I must pray my way through it. It's only 10 more days.

I keep reminding myself of that too!

Not sure if I want to eat Easter candy that day or ice cream? Probably ice cream.

I tried the Edy's Vermont Maple. It was ok but not enough toffee pieces. It was mostly just syrup-favored ice cream.

Ugh! I might have to skip that one.

I haven't found any of the new Edy's flavors. Wal-Mart the past two weeks hasn't had much of a selection of Edy's (not sure if they're selling out, changing the mod/feature, or getting the new ones in stock).

This is one of the new flavors of Yuengling's I want to try (I think Weis might get this March 28th?)!

cinc.png?itok=09kSKDWt&c=e0cb95b55c9891468bd894119c702748

This flavor is pretty interesting

yuenglings-caramel-popcorn2.png?itok=sidNf683&c=1e042adbb2df075dc26d2f9fc4e99ec8

10 days until Easter. I am so ready to break my Lenten fast. I almost caved yesterday and again this morning. I must pray my way through it. It's only 10 more days.

Not sure if I want to eat Easter candy that day or ice cream? Probably ice cream.

I tried the Edy's Vermont Maple. It was ok but not enough toffee pieces. It was mostly just syrup-favored ice cream.

I haven't found any of the new Edy's flavors. Wal-Mart the past two weeks hasn't had much of a selection of Edy's (not sure if they're selling out, changing the mod/feature, or getting the new ones in stock).

This is one of the new flavors of Yuengling's I want to try (I think Weis might get this March 28th?)!

yuenglings-caramel-popcorn2.png?itok=sidNf683&c=1e042adbb2df075dc26d2f9fc4e99ec8

Isn't this brand a beer? Do they make ice cream too? That would be an odd combo.

Yeah it's the same company, but I am not sure if they make any alcoholic ice creams.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Have fun, POF!

Thanks!

Wrinkles nose and throat constricts. It is sad that you had to end your streak on bad wine instead of something tasty.

Well after 1 glass I was kind of done. It wasn't worth it. So that was good. :smiley:

I probably ate 2000 calories of dry roasted peanuts. That was lunch and dinner. At Walmart now so I should eat better tomorrow.

I guess I am just surprised there is a Walmart in PR. Then I looked it up on Google, yep and in Puerto Vallarta apparently...

I only remember that since you can send money grams/money transfers there.

And it's PACKED every time. In that same strip mall they have Marshalls (let's just say the clothing selection isn't quite the same as the states) and JC Penny's, a Chili's. Post ponderosa, etc. They also have a Nike outlet, etc. Everything you could ever want....

Was it a Super Wal-Mart?

How does the Marshalls selection differ?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @Oberon21 Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself!!

Ditto!

Love all the pictures!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options

Isn't this brand a beer? Do they make ice cream too? That would be an odd combo.

Yeah it's the same company, but I am not sure if they make any alcoholic ice creams.

If it's not already created I feel like that needs to be a thing
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »

If it's not already created I feel like that needs to be a thing

Alcoholic milkshakes in Nashville!