The keys to MY success!

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the bump DeeDee! :)

And thanks everyone!! Your responses make me feel great! I really love knowing it helps!!

Best of luck to all of you! :)

Hey Tam, I was thinking you should put the date you hit goal in your signature. The biggest issue is KEEPING it off ya know? I am so proud of you for keeping it off, staying fit, working out and raising healthy beautiful smiley boys!!

What has it been? Over 2 years now right?
  • Tiffbot
    Tiffbot Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! It was a good message! I am always so all or nothing. And its so hard to get out of that mentality and realize these things take time and that it is about finding what works for me. I always get stressed out about what others think and if theyre judging me thinking "Oh she' s off the wagon" or "She still hasn't lost the weight" or "She must not be working hard enough" it just makes me give up when people say that or i think thats what theyre thinking! Your story is motivational!
  • blm625
    blm625 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am sooo glad I read this! so full of great information thank you! also you lost exactly the amount of weight I need to... it is motivating to see you did it and you did it the right way... I Like the one day at a time I use that too... losing a large amount of weight can seem like for ever but if I think of each day and make the best of each day it makes it better! thanks again for the awesome post!
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    thank kyou! :) you are an inspiration!
  • Boogie1116
    Options
    Thank you! I feel like I can do this now! :happy:
  • Nini_Soto_
    Nini_Soto_ Posts: 27
    Options
    bump
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the bump DeeDee! :)

And thanks everyone!! Your responses make me feel great! I really love knowing it helps!!

Best of luck to all of you! :)

Hey Tam, I was thinking you should put the date you hit goal in your signature. The biggest issue is KEEPING it off ya know? I am so proud of you for keeping it off, staying fit, working out and raising healthy beautiful smiley boys!!

What has it been? Over 2 years now right?
    Hey Jeannie! Thanks! :) I have that info on my profile but it might be useful in my signature as well. :)

And yes, I reached my goal in Jan of 2009. Founf out I was pregnant with Sammy that same week and stayed healthy, active and put on very little. Only what was necessary! What a test!! Lol!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thank you! I feel like I can do this now! :happy:
    Of course you can!!! Never lose hope and don't give up!!
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Amen to everything you wrote! Simply inspiring and also sensible. Everything you wrote rung true and gave me goosebumps! Well done also in such a huge achievement. I'm new to MFP, and I'm finding people like you and posts like this such a boost. Thanks again!
  • doodlebug1966
    Options
    Thank You for that just what I needed this morning. I have had so many surgeries and gained weight. Last one was in April of this year. So hopefully my body will not need anymore and I can finally get to my goal.
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Thank you so much like so many other people said just what I needed ;)
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    Great advice. We all want results NOW. A good reminder to take things one day at a time. Thanks
  • jenttifer
    jenttifer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Just perfect! You summed this up perfectly! This sounds a lot like what I did...one thing at a time, one day at a time. And now I look back and have no idea how I used to eat like I did. Not having veggies with dinner? That was CRAZY! My new habits are sure to stay with me because I did them slowly and eased into it. Just change one thing at a time and keep moving forward and before you know it your whole lifestyle is completely different! And just like you I do splurge, have a day of eating the things I really really want to...and the next day just write it off and get back on track. I think you did a wonderful job of making this easy to read, concise, and spelled it out perfectly! Thank you!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    This is deffinitely a keeper. Thank you for sharing and congrats on your successes.

Best wishes.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Perfect! Just perfect! You summed this up perfectly! This sounds a lot like what I did...one thing at a time, one day at a time. And now I look back and have no idea how I used to eat like I did. Not having veggies with dinner? That was CRAZY! My new habits are sure to stay with me because I did them slowly and eased into it. Just change one thing at a time and keep moving forward and before you know it your whole lifestyle is completely different! And just like you I do splurge, have a day of eating the things I really really want to...and the next day just write it off and get back on track. I think you did a wonderful job of making this easy to read, concise, and spelled it out perfectly! Thank you!
    Thank you! I appreciate that!! :) I was trying to lay it out as easy to understand as possible. I know if things get too complicated, people get frustrated!!

And I'm glad you found success yourself!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Great advice. We all want results NOW. A good reminder to take things one day at a time. Thanks
    As cliche as it is..slow and steady DOES win THIS race!! :wink:
  • jenttifer
    jenttifer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I appreciate that!! :) I was trying to lay it out as easy to understand as possible. I know if things get too complicated, people get frustrated!!

And I'm glad you found success yourself!!! :flowerforyou:

You're welcome! You did do a great job with the post and with your weightloss, as well! And you're right...I know if I get into something that is way too intense that I won't stick with it...it has to be something that can easily be introduced into my current lifestyle. I think people jump in to really intense eating habits and exercise regimes and get burnt out. Slow and steady DOES win the race! I only add exercises or food habits that I know I can do for the rest of my life...not just a fad for the moment...and that really is the key to this game. :)
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Funny how common sense just escapes some people. YOU get it! And I feel the EXACT same way you do. I have the same game plan and I like what you said about it not having to be and "All or nothing" type of thing. Too often I see so many people on here trying these fad diets or looking for the magic meal, pill, exercise program that will solve thier weight problem. Its a combo, not a magic bullet. You are sooo right! Thanks for saying it!
  • gratenni1
    gratenni1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is a great post. It is very encouraging. I have 15 pounds to lose but it is hell. I love to eat and so does my husband. We allways go out on the weekends. I always feel that i have to start over on monday. The salt makes me feel that i have gained. I am so afraid to get on the scale. The only thing i do is take my measurements daily. I am very conscious of diet trends. I am always updating myself on whatever is new. I try to eat healthy most of the time.
  • sweetums85
    sweetums85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i am very similer to everything you are saying

thanks for the post
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!