New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Another new Oreo flavor to watch out for.

Limited-Edition-Strawberry-Shortcake-Oreo-Cookies.jpg?resize=550%2C635

According to Impulsive Buy it should be out on shelves April 4th.

I'm unsure about that. Love the real thing, but artificially flavored strawberry... not so much. Will wait for reviews.

Oh and I heard back from Shop Rite about Edy's slow churned 'Unfortunately Edy's Ice Cream has been discontinued due to declining sales and to allow us to respond to our customers’ growing preferences for unique, specialty brands and premium flavors and varieties of ice creams, novelties and frozen desserts.'

Sad.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Got bored and decided to splurge a bit into something new for me

SB-Italian-banner(1).jpg

They didn't have the cheesecake one sadly, but I got the cannoli and biscotti. The cannoli one is pretty good, but the flavor is a bit too mild... there are a few chocolate chips mix-ins. Overall, it's decent for the calories though. But the biscotti is really tasty! Tons of mix-ins (cookies, chocolate, and a big caramel swirl), creamy, that one totally hit the spot.

Also bought this because I haven't bought pistachio ice cream in ages and it was cheap (and 150 calories vs 200 from Talenti).

020735112274.jpg

Should probably have read the ingredients first because it tastes like artificial pistachio. Bah. It's ok but probably not worth the calories. Well I'm sure my husband will love it...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Bought some walnut fudge brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookie dough balls at Central Market from Aphrodite Divine Confections: aphroditedesserts.com/our_products/. I think they're in the local markets only, though.

I definitely liked them - mainly the walnut-y and fudge-y brownie. The chocolate chip cookie part wasn't exactly how I like it. The sugar didn't quite caramelize enough. I like a strong caramelized brown sugar flavor, but I think I might be able to fix it with a higher bake temperature. A bit of salt on top would probably help also.

Best part? 150 cals per cookie. Not bad. They bake up bigger than two of the 80 cal Toll House cookies stuck together and taste one heck of a lot better. They make a good number of other desserts, though most aren't available in store as of yet. Will definitely pick up this and other products of theirs again.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I was at Shoprite today and saw the full lineup, including cheesecake! I was torn between the cannoli and tiramisu but ended up finding another new brand (enlightened) which was very low in calories so I decided to pick that one up instead to try! Glad you reviewed the cannoli for us, I would've been disappointed if I got it and discovered it was bland, I love ice cream to be SWEET.
    I also never tried the turkey hill pistachio but I tried Friendly's lower fat pistachio ice cream the other day (on sale for $1.99) and was impressed, though I can't see myself getting it again. Good for being low calorie though!
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Got bored and decided to splurge a bit into something new for me

SB-Italian-banner(1).jpg

They didn't have the cheesecake one sadly, but I got the cannoli and biscotti. The cannoli one is pretty good, but the flavor is a bit too mild... there are a few chocolate chips mix-ins. Overall, it's decent for the calories though. But the biscotti is really tasty! Tons of mix-ins (cookies, chocolate, and a big caramel swirl), creamy, that one totally hit the spot.

Also bought this because I haven't bought pistachio ice cream in ages and it was cheap (and 150 calories vs 200 from Talenti).

020735112274.jpg

Should probably have read the ingredients first because it tastes like artificial pistachio. Bah. It's ok but probably not worth the calories. Well I'm sure my husband will love it...

• hgycta
    Options
    Here are all the new goodies I found at Shoprite today. Not sure if all of them are new but I've never seen them before. I picked up a pint of the enlightened salted caramel ice cream, a bit more calories than halo top but not by too much and it's also made with erythritol so I'm curious how it will compare! It was $4.49 so a little less than halo top, and they had a ton more flavors available (vs the three halo top flavors I can only get at Wegmans)

I also picked up a can of the nestle protein drink so I'm curious how that will compare to other protein drinks. $2 wasn't too bad, but it has a whopping 360 calories for the 12 oz can so I probably won't be having that for another week or so! 31x58m905pl3.jpg
    v3vvswp2776b.jpg
    mf5hckbwg8nw.jpg
    bbqyd615v4oj.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    Curious about Enlightened ice cream!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to break down and order more of this this weekend. It is delicious and only 110 cals a serving! I'm planning on taking at least one bag with me overseas as a gift to the in-laws in May. Totally recommend this!

Island_Lava_PassionFruit_12oz_grande.jpg?v=1450981863

• Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Kallo rice and corn cakes - they come in many flavours here in the UK - from 34 to 40 calories each - favourites are Spicy Chilly (with a Dairylea triangle) and Paprika - for sweet treat Caramel or Blueberry and Vanilla. Big Sainsburys have the best selection.
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Not really new, but I tried the Salted Caramel Chobani flip today and wasn't impressed. Tasted artificial and kind of sour. I eat greek yogurt with berries every morning, but that stuff was nasty. I still have a mocha flip left. I may just toss it out.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I'm unsure about that. Love the real thing, but artificially flavored strawberry... not so much. Will wait for reviews.

Oh and I heard back from Shop Rite about Edy's slow churned 'Unfortunately Edy's Ice Cream has been discontinued due to declining sales and to allow us to respond to our customers’ growing preferences for unique, specialty brands and premium flavors and varieties of ice creams, novelties and frozen desserts.'

Sad.

How much did they charge for Edy's at Shop Rite?

If Giant wouldn't price Edy's for $4.99 I would buy that brand more often.

Wal-Mart had the new Edy's Blueberry flavor, but it wasn't one that seemed that interesting.

vanilla-cupcake.v2.jpg

This flavor I'll eventually try once I get my stash of pints down.
  • Francl27
    edited March 2016
    Options

Sad.

Wal-Mart had the new Edy's Blueberry flavor, but it wasn't one that seemed that interesting.

vanilla-cupcake.v2.jpg

Well I used to find Edy's at $2.50 pretty regularly, between Shop Rite and Acme.

Now Shop Rite has Blue Bunny but only boring flavors. I've never actually tried Blue Bunny though (apart from the sugar free stuff that I won't be buying again)... how is it? This one looks like the kind I'd like too!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options

Sad.

vanilla-cupcake.v2.jpg

That looks amazing. Why hasn't anyone come out with a birthday cake non-dairy ice cream yet? Birthday cake is my favorite flavor. :(
  • hgycta
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Curious about Enlightened ice cream!

I ended up eating the pint tonight! It was a lot less dense than Halo Top, definitely a lot softer which I kind of enjoyed but wasn't as filling. The caramel was plentiful throughout the pint and came in globs; a lot more caramel than Ben & Jerry's Core Pints which really surprised me, but honestly the caramel tasted a little fake and the sweetness didn't feel as satisfying as usual. The base by itself really wasn't all that great and it really relied upon that caramel for whatever sweetness I picked up, so I can't imagine what the other flavors must be like. Overall, for the calories it wasn't bad, I say with the texture and amount of caramel swirl it's way better than Arctic Zero. But unfortunately it doesn't even come close to Halo Top, either. I'm probably not going to buy this flavor again for a while but I'm definitely intrigued enough to give their other flavors a shot! It was a really weird experience with the caramel, I wanted to like it because the texture and calories were appealing to me so I'm hoping the others (especially the mint and cookie dough) will be a lot better! If anyone gets a chance to try any other flavors before me please let me know what you think of them!
    a923eip79a01.jpg
  • CrabNebula
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yesterday was grocery shopping night. Picked up at least two new things.

0375_dt.jpg

That was not good. I opened up the package and it already had some of the innards oozing out of it though the shell did not appear to be damaged. The filling is extremely sticky and gross like that. I took a bite and while the dark chocolate shell is acceptable, the filling is...no. Whipped corn syrup that doesn't really have any maple flavor to it at all. It has *some* flavor, but I wouldn't immediately run to maple. I noped out of it after one bite, was about to throw the rest in the trash when my husband insisted on rescuing it. I told him you don't want to rescue this, it belongs in the trash. He was sure he knew better. He immediately had regrats. Also said he didn't get how it was supposed to be maple either. But despite saying how he didn't like it at all, finished eating it anyway. Then he complains to me that he needs to lose 20lbs (he does, but that's a story for another day...). *rolls eyes*

I couldn't find a pic of this, but Dreyer's/Edy's has some new slow churned flavors. I tried the Oregon Black Cherry and it is was...I dunno, I'm considering taking this back because it is awful compared to Breyer's Cherry Vanilla. I couldn't find any cherries in my scoop and it had the most weak cherry flavor. Tasted more like apples, which makes sense when you read the label and apples are in there for some reason. I don't recommend at all.

25224012944_26552db753_z.jpg?resize=529%2C640&ssl=1

This was 'meh'. Wasn't great, wasn't horrible. OK if you need a cheap calorie chocolate ice cream fix.

• hgycta
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Returned to Shoprite today after trying that ice cream because I wanted to try other flavors, and I noticed this. Not sure if it's new, but I've never seen it before. Has anyone here tried it?
    5jj3kt1dfkb1.jpg

Here's a better picture of the flavors they had of Englightened although it may still be hard to see. Their full lineup is on their website and it seems like they had all of them! I printed a coupon for $1 off two pints off their website so I picked up the mint chocolate chip and cookie dough so hopefully I'll try that relatively soon, but the coupon ended up not working so just a heads up if anyone goes to print out the same one!
    erbkqiida9ep.jpg
  • CrabNebula
    Options
    Hmm, I'd try the Toblerone cake. The Almondy cake looks like the same thing you can get from Ikea for less though.
  • Francl27
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Hmm, I'd try the Toblerone cake. The Almondy cake looks like the same thing you can get from Ikea for less though.

Ok yeah I need to find that Toblerone cake, lol! I'll check at Shop Rite next time I'm there.
  • BikinixBlues91
    BikinixBlues91 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It Works Greens! A berry flavored probiotic that includes 8+ servings of fruit and vegetables and 38 superfoods. It's just like crystal light only better! Gives me a boost of energy, improves my digestive and immune systems, and so much more! ♡♡♡ My Greens. Never miss a day!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Sad.

vanilla-cupcake.v2.jpg

Well I used to find Edy's at $2.50 pretty regularly, between Shop Rite and Acme.

Now Shop Rite has Blue Bunny but only boring flavors. I've never actually tried Blue Bunny though (apart from the sugar free stuff that I won't be buying again)... how is it? This one looks like the kind I'd like too!

I love blue bunny. My Safeway has all of the new seasonal flavors. They're all pretty yummy!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options

ohhhhhh i hope this is good. I either LOVE or HATE artificial strawberry. I have also either loved or at least liked every oreo flavor so I'm sure i will enjoy it.