Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is the amount of easy access processed food harming dieters health?

1131415161719»

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited August 2019
    adotbaby wrote: »
    Participants in a National Institutes of Health (US) study spent two weeks eating ultraprocessed foods- stuff out of bags, boxes and cans - then another two weeks consuming unprocessed natural foods. On the first part, they gained about 1 pound a week. On the second part, they lost about a pound a week.
    This was in an article in AARP Magazine.

Here's a thread discussing the study that I think you are referring to. It was an interesting discussion if you'd like to read it or join in.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Participants in a National Institutes of Health (US) study spent two weeks eating ultraprocessed foods- stuff out of bags, boxes and cans - then another two weeks consuming unprocessed natural foods. On the first part, they gained about 1 pound a week. On the second part, they lost about a pound a week.

ETA. Necro thread
    I was this [puts fingers as close as possible] close to replying to the OP....and then I looked down at the date. Alas.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
    aokoye wrote: »

ETA. Necro thread
    I was this [puts fingers as close as possible] close to replying to the OP....and then I looked down at the date. Alas.

I STILL wanna reply to the op.
  • StatChicBayes
    StatChicBayes Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2019
    deleted post as released it was an old thread - will look up thread lemurcat2 mentions...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
    I was actually planning on having canned chicken tomorrow as my "you HAVE to up your protein" work snack.