People just aren't getting it.

Options
Avalonis
Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
I've already posted this once... but apparently I was too harsh and got my post deleted. So I'll tone it down.

I keep reading post after post after post about piss poor dieting and weight loss tips and fads. When are you people going to get it. There is no short cuts. At all. NONE. None of the fad diets are sustainable!

If you want to have a sustainable, FIT and healthy body, you have to put in the work. NOTHING ELSE Works except for hard work, sweat, commitment, dedication, proper nutrition and more hard work. NOTHING.

No matter how many times people lose weight and gain it all back again with unhealthy fad diets, THEY KEEP DOING IT, and then trying the next one!!!!!!

Here's a few tips:
Starving yourself doesn't work.
"Fat Cleansers" don't work.
Filler diets (Stuffing yourself with special fillers so you aren't hungry) don't work.
Diet pills don't work.
"Eat anything you want" diets don't work.
"5 Minutes a day" exercises don't work.
No Carb diets don't work.
Diet salts don't work.
Pre-Packaged meals don't work.
Stomach Stapling doesn't work.

You might see short term losses using some of these methods, but you won't be healthier, and its not LONG term sustainable.

There is no shortcuts, there's no compromising. You wanna be healthy and have the body you dream of? Put in the damn work. If you AREN'T going to put in the work, don't come whining on the boards about not losing weight. It's your own fault.

I know it sounds cliche, but this REALLY IS a life change. You are changing everything about the way you see and treat food and your health.

P.S. Yes, this is toned down.

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Amen +
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Love it. :smile:
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Love it! I am so tired of the HCG, cleanse etc. posts and even the ads on here!
    Hey, totally off topic here but please tell me you've got nicer weather today. I am in Spokane and whatever you've got today, we will get tomorrow. haha
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I lost 42 lbs so far by good old fashioned HARD WORK and counting EVERYTHING I eat (and cutting down on the things that are bad for me)

I support this post!
  • Avalonis
    Options
    Love it! I am so tired of the HCG, cleanse etc. posts and even the ads on here!
    Hey, totally off topic here but please tell me you've got nicer weather today. I am in Spokane and whatever you've got today, we will get tomorrow. haha

The weather blows. Rainy and cold. :(
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Well said! I try telling my friends that all the time. There is no short cut! Eat right and exercise. Thats the only way to get in and stay in shape. Period.
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sounds like MFP isn't for you! OR maybe you just need to not read people's posts and let it get to you so bad. You need to learn that people are always looking for the easy way out--nothing you can do about it! Don't let these people ruin your day!
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I just said this on another topic:

There are no shortcuts. Just change your diet and exercise.

- Eat a moderate calorie deficit.
    - Eat whole foods most of the time
    - Exercise (cardio and strength train) 3-4 times per week.

This will work for everyone with no negative side effects.
  • flamnfrekelz
    Options
    :O)
  • CanadianChic
    CanadianChic Posts: 141
    Options
    Awesome!! :smile:
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    agreed! and to all those lazy people who want to take a pill to lose weight? did they take one to get fat? probably not... so it isnt coming off that way either! don't be worried about all the time that you will have to put in to loosing weight- the time will pass any way, the only question is if you want to spend that time on your *kitten* and miserable or do you want to spend that time bettering your life and your body?? GREAT POST! :)
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I wish I could've seen the more liberal post.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    HA HA this is so right! That is most people for you though they just don't want to put in the work. It has to be said!
  • Psialpha297
    Psialpha297 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome

people who lose any sort of weight on fad diets and starving themselves should remember : easy come, easy go. Hardwork and dedication are the only things that work
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I lost 42 lbs so far by good old fashioned HARD WORK and counting EVERYTHING I eat (and cutting down on the things that are bad for me)

I support this post!

Awesome! I did the same thing and got the results I was looking for. Good for you. Its not easy, but well worth the outcome!
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    great post! and Oh So true!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i got sick of replying to those posts saying why they were wrong!

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS!!!
  • Avalonis
    Options
    Sounds like MFP isn't for you! OR maybe you just need to not read people's posts and let it get to you so bad. You need to learn that people are always looking for the easy way out--nothing you can do about it! Don't let these people ruin your day!

Oh they don't ruin me day. I just am expressing myself.

My day was ruined by my hangover ;)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You don't believe in the cupcake diet or the bacon one either? Or the I do everything right and don't lose a pound diet?

You said it the right way. In your face to the point. Love it.
  • sarapulsifer
    Options
    I like how to the point you are! I agree it takes lots of hard work and dedication. You cant just say one thing and dont put in the effort. You gutta put your mind to it and THAT is when you WILL see a change :) LOVE THIS POST!