"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff Sorry things are changing with your Mom. Just be glad that you have had her in better health for so long.

As usual I'm catching up, been a crazy week!

Wednesday cardio: 20 something miles on the bike, windy and tough

Thursday strength: Upper body and core work, and a little shoulders YAYOG and some variations

Friday cardio: 6.9 on the elliptical - had a strange heart rate ramp up some 20 minutes in and had to limit pace, still trying to figure it out

Assessment: Doing good overall, think I might be pushing my fueling with paces and carb loading at times. Hearty steak tacos, cheesecake, and ice cream kept me on point for yesterday. I like having those extra calories to eat after cardio! :)

Likely a real rest day today. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Yay a whole weekend off! Later getting together with my DD's friends and their parents for the Annual Easter Egg hunt that's held at one of her friends ranch. We've done this for over 5 years now and it's so great for all the kids. Parents get to kick it and play Bocce ball and horse shoes.
    Everything went okay with my mom. It looks like the medication that that she had to take for the pain may have caused her to have temporary hallucinations because yesterday when I conversed with her she seemed fine. We'll just have to monitor the situation. She was able to get up and go to church and wasn't rambling weird words like my brother was saying she was doing the day before. So hopefully it was just a minor issue.

Cardio: biking- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Sushi last night.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff, glad things seem to be going better with your mom..........sounds like you have a great weekend planned.

I've gotten in a couple of days, 40 minutes each day, walking with the dog. I'm fighting a cold now so no running. I should be back at the gym by Monday............fingers crossed!

Happy Easter everyone!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter weekend!

@ninerbuff good to hear your mom is doing better, you & your family are very fortunate to have her around. Sounds like a fun Easter Day celebration ahead.

No workouts the past couple of days, we had our family Easter get together yesterday. I didn't track anything I consumed...

Strength today:
    Barbell OHP 6x3@70 lbs
    Trap bar deadlifts 6x3@245
    TRX Inverted rows feet on SB 5x5
    Bosu & SB push-ups 4x4

No cardio: took a long walk with my daughter.

Assessment: steak for dinner tonight
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. DD home from school today (no school) and has an orthodontist appointment later.

Cardio: stairmaster- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- high pulldowns, one arm rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pushdowns. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: So much food this weekend, but I did alright.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Finally made it back to the gym this morning after all last week off because of cold. Felt good but I went a little light on time and weight. Hope to run again by Wed.

Strength: 15 min calisthenics warmup and 15 min shoulder rehab. 40 min strength training including, leg press, tricep pulldown, front squats, bent over rows, cable dead lift, cable wood chops, hip thrusts, step ups and inner thigh.

Assessment: Managed to keep calories within reason for Easter.........mostly because I skipped the wine.

Have a great week everyone!
  • ltworide
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

Nothing yesterday, rest day.

Ran a circuit class at work & going to Krav Maga class tonight.

Assessment: white fish & rice for dinner.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! (Yes another late check in!)

Cardio: 5 miles on the elliptical

Strength: feeling good after the above, so a solid 30 minute upper body and core workout circuit style

Back for more cardio! : still feeling it, got back on the elliptical and put in a PB one mile effort, of 6:49!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Back to rehabbing knee. Some bike work and strength training later.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, dumbell flat bench, machine flyes, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Leftovers from Easter.
  • ltworide
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Cardio: various reaction & cone drills with PT. Stationary bike approx 30 mins. Leisurely pace.

Strength:
    1 arm dumbbell snatch split 5x3/side@40 lbs
    1 leg squat to bench 5x15 (left leg only)
    Parallel grip pull-ups 4;3;3;2 reps
    SB Dumbbell chest press 4x3@90 lbs
    Bosu 1 leg hold with hip flexion 3x15 sec/side
    Cable low pulley chops 3x10@32.5 lbs
    SB Bird dog 2x15 sec/side

Assessment: butterfly chops for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Just yard duty today.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulder- military presses, side laterals, bent over rear laterals, front laterals. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak last night.
  • ltworide
    Options
    Happy hump day!

Krav mags & Zumba class.

Strength:
    Shoulder width grip pull ups 4;3;3;2;1
    Single leg Bulgarian split squat plyo jumps 5x5
    2 med ball plyo push-ups 3x3

Assessment: chicken for dinner.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Finally back in town so first thing I did was hit the gym with a bang.

Strength
    Seated barbell OH press 4x8,8,6,6
    Standing lateral raises 3x12
    Standing Rear delt dumbbell flys 3x12
    Bus drivers/plate raises 3x6x6
    Rear delt cable flys 2x14
    Machine shrugs 3x14
    Dumbbell behind the back shrugs 3x12

Parallel bar Dips 3x14
    Dumbell chest flys 3x12

Assessment

Glad to be back, going to be up all night eating
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning and 3 tonight. Little cooler the last few days biking.

Cardio: biking riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell
  • ltworide
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Workout with PT focus on strength conditioning 30 sec work:15 sec rest:
    1 arm med ball push-ups, cable 1 arm split stance Cable row
    Kettlebell swing
    Bosu up up down down

Assessment: sausages & rice for dinner
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy LCW and TGIF! 4 clients this morning then off the rest of the day. Knee is rehabbing good now. Will still take precaution in training so I don't set myself back again.

Cardio: biking 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: core

Assessment: Pork chops last night.
  • luluinca
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Guess I haven't checked in in a few days. Made it back to the gym 3 days this week which feels great. Hoping to get back in there on Sunday as well, but at least a long walk/run if I don't make it to the gym.

Today's workout:

Cardio: 10 min run post weights.

Strength: 20 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, goblet squats, physio ball pikes and bridges, rev planks, decline situps/scissors/leg lifts, renegade rows, back extensions, stairmaster. 15 min shoulder rehab. 50 min strength training including 3X6 front squats w/75 lbs, 3X8 bent over rows w/75 lbs, 2X5 single leg RDL's w95 lbs, 3X10 tricep pushdowns w/30 lbs, 3X10 stepups, 3X10 side lunges w/20/20 lbs, 3X10 split squats w/20/20 lbs, 3X10 inner thigh w/100 lbs and 3X10 glute master w/40 lbs.

Assessment: Need to begin upping my calories again now that I'm back at the gym on a regular basis. Will gradually up myself to about 1750 again and sometimes 1800. It depends on how much running I also do.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! I'll probably go watch Batman vs Superman today. Hopefully it's not too crowded. Also finish some bush trimming.

Cardio: biking- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Ribs last night.
  • ltworide
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

@ninerbuff & @luluinca glad to hear things are getting back on track for you both.

No plans for a workout today, rest day cleaning house etc.

Catching up for yesterday:

Cardio: 12 sets of skipping 30 sec:15 sec.
    Krav Maga class last night practicing side kicks for the second time. I find this movement difficult to grasp.

Strength/skill practice:
    Racked KB 1 leg squat to risers (6) 5x3@25 lbs
    1 leg box jump@3 risers 5x3
    1 leg balance with hip flexion on bosu 5x15 sec
    Side kick practice

Assessment: pizza & kale & arugula salad for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Thanks Itworide!!!

Had a nice day yesterday at the race track and a BBQ cookoff..........ate lots of meat......LOL, and got a lot of walking in.

Today

Cardio: 15 min run.

Strength training: 20 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, goblet squats, physio ball crunches/pikes/bridges, planks, decline situps/scissors/leg lifts, back extensions and stair master. 15 min shoulder rehab. 40 min strength training including leg press, shrugs dead lifts, seated rows, cable squats, cable wood chops, tricep pushdown and inner thigh.

Assessment: After the BBQ overload yesterday we're eating light today with fish for dinner.