From 363.4 to 197.7 lbs: My One-Meal-a-Day Success Story

Options

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    rabbyduby wrote: »
    arguablysamson i am considering trying this - is this ok for a Type 2 diabetic ? Also what is your website ?

Yes, a number of people have been and are diabetic and their sugar levels go down with each meal. Some who have seriously low blood-sugar have to use juice to avoid low moments or else slowly work toward one meal, but most can jump right in. If one wants to do it, it can be done. The results have been FABULOUS!

It is a violation of the TOS of My Fitness Pal to link to my website here on the open boards, so add me as friend and I'll PM you. Or you can go right to the MFP OMAD forums.
  • 26saj
    26saj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello... I have been trying to lose weight over 4 years now....have tried 6 meals a day plan with southbeach diet..got sucess lost few pounds than all plus more came back...tried low fat diets again eating 5-6 times a day but as everyone said with one morsel going in by the time you realise you have binged more than a meal...
    I have always been reading on one meal a day diets and before i came across this website i was following other gentlemans story ....he didnt have much to lose.
    He lost 30 lbs over 5 months but only diff was he had 2 days in weekend where he wud eat more than once...
    Saturday would be eat nething ne time and Sunday 2 meals ....5 days one meal a day...
    Here weight loss is little slow but it suites my lifestyle as wid kids it becomes difficult to eat once on weekends....
    I started this diet last wednesday.... On weekends ate regular...
    I started at 210... Now m 205.2
    My concern is that i cant be hungry till eve as m stay home mom....
    I eat a small apple at 10 am a big lunch at 1.30-2 pm every day and drink coffee wid 1% milk at 8 pm..
    Would you consider this newhere close to your plan?
    Or i am ruining it by eating an apple in morning and drinking coffee at night?
    Gradually i am going to be strict towards the weekends as well once i get grip on the diet...but my concern is about coffee. I can skip the apple but no coffee
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    26saj wrote: »
    Hello... I have been trying to lose weight over 4 years now....have tried 6 meals a day plan with southbeach diet..got sucess lost few pounds than all plus more came back...tried low fat diets again eating 5-6 times a day but as everyone said with one morsel going in by the time you realise you have binged more than a meal...
    I have always been reading on one meal a day diets and before i came across this website i was following other gentlemans story ....he didnt have much to lose.
    He lost 30 lbs over 5 months but only diff was he had 2 days in weekend where he wud eat more than once...
    Saturday would be eat nething ne time and Sunday 2 meals ....5 days one meal a day...
    Here weight loss is little slow but it suites my lifestyle as wid kids it becomes difficult to eat once on weekends....
    I started this diet last wednesday.... On weekends ate regular...
    I started at 210... Now m 205.2
    My concern is that i cant be hungry till eve as m stay home mom....
    I eat a small apple at 10 am a big lunch at 1.30-2 pm every day and drink coffee wid 1% milk at 8 pm..
    Would you consider this newhere close to your plan?
    Or i am ruining it by eating an apple in morning and drinking coffee at night?
    Gradually i am going to be strict towards the weekends as well once i get grip on the diet...but my concern is about coffee. I can skip the apple but no coffee

The most dedicated way to ensure the fastest losses is to go with calorie-free beverages only after the meal, but others have modified the plan as you have and lost weight just fine. Coffee by itself is fine (basically no calories), but fruits have sugar. Sounds like you are making good progress. You can adjust as needed.
  • 26saj
    Options
    Thank you very much for your time in reading and replying...
    Did you ever hit a weightloss plateau in this diet?
    Ne tips on that.
    I will try and avoid fruits as many days i can.
    Thanks again
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    26saj wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your time in reading and replying...
    Did you ever hit a weightloss plateau in this diet?
    Ne tips on that.
    I will try and avoid fruits as many days i can.
    Thanks again

All will hit plateaus. PM me and I can advise you further.
  • Rockthatbodyat35
    Rockthatbodyat35 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look like a complete different person, every inspirational.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ah! I remember when you first posted this. I love this method. I have cottage cheese at noon and then nothing until I have a big dinner, has been the most effective method for me so far! I rarely have hunger pangs and when I do, water takes care of it quick.

(edit: i realize my method isn't an authentic OMAD, hehe, but it works v well for me.)
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Ah! I remember when you first posted this. I love this method. I have cottage cheese at noon and then nothing until I have a big dinner, has been the most effective method for me so far! I rarely have hunger pangs and when I do, water takes care of it quick.

(edit: i realize my method isn't an authentic OMAD, hehe, but it works v well for me.)

Hey, a lot of people mix up my plan and make one of their own. Nothing wrong with that.
  • 26saj
    Options
    You asked me to PM you so you will advise me further....
    M sorry i do not know whT that means...
    I also want to be a member of your site at a point u mentioned your other website...
    As i have 80lbs to lose and i will need all support here please
  • 26saj
    Options
    Is there Ny one here who want to start this diet challenge wid me...
  • deaddolly
    deaddolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's all about what works for you. About 20 years ago, I lost 130 pounds. And now, 20 year's later, I've gained it and more back. I can't eat like a normal person; I've resigned myself to that fact. When I lost the weight, I was eating one meal a day. However, food is so social, for a lifetime - it's difficult to stick to that. You can stop smoking; you can stop doing drugs -- you can't stop eating. The key for me is to find a balance now. Smaller meals, better choices. And the realization it's a lifelong change. Some days are good; some days suck. You learn what to do and what not to do. And you still hate the skinny people who can eat what they want and never gain!!!!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    deaddolly wrote: »
    It's all about what works for you. About 20 years ago, I lost 130 pounds. And now, 20 year's later, I've gained it and more back. I can't eat like a normal person; I've resigned myself to that fact. When I lost the weight, I was eating one meal a day. However, food is so social, for a lifetime - it's difficult to stick to that. You can stop smoking; you can stop doing drugs -- you can't stop eating. The key for me is to find a balance now. Smaller meals, better choices. And the realization it's a lifelong change. Some days are good; some days suck. You learn what to do and what not to do. And you still hate the skinny people who can eat what they want and never gain!!!!

Well, look at it this way; there are some who truly "never" have to worry about weight, but that isn't so bad. What's bad - and what can be a form of self-hatred - is that when it mattered, we didn't have the wisdom to know that you can't just FORGET about discriminate eating, which I, too, did in my early days. You are likely fine now and hopefully in a place where you can appreciate yourself and respect your needs.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    deaddolly wrote: »

I'm still in a loss stage and haven't had to deal with maintenance yet (lost 42 lbs in 7 months). My plan for maintenance is to still do some fasting but just not as much. I like to eat tell full and then browse. My eating window will have to be short enough for me to do that and not gain weight. Exercise will help a lot because it will allow me to eat more. With those thoughts in mind, I think I will do something like a 5 (16:8) / 2 (21:3) type of diet. I will get the benefit of an extended fast two days a week and will skip breakfast the rest of the week (may allow one day to eat breakfast also cause I love breakfasts). I think the lunches will be salads and proteins and hardly any carbs. I will get my carbs in the evenings. I will workout 4-5 days a week. I'm hoping that plan will work, If not I will need to revise. I think it is important that we have a plan for maintenance because I know I could very easily gain all my weight back if I had no plan and just winged it. With my plan, I can be social and eat dinners whatever I want and will just get the salad for lunch when out with friends.

I wish you luck. You did it once, you can do it again!
  • shardaycota
    shardaycota Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When will I not b so tired? Day 7
  • shardaycota
    shardaycota Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I'm all about omad , it's the best thing I could have ever done. I'm happier and feel better everyday I conquer. .. I'm 5'6 123 lbs one week down with omad in the books. My goal 119 then 115 for flexibility. After I reach my goal I will maintain with omad. I would eat one big meal and be completely satieiated any day over 6 small meal a day (been there done that)..Omad feels 110% natural. If I can do it so can you. If you need any advise or positive feed back feel free for questions . I love helping people get where they want/need to be with their body . I've been heavier so I know what it's like but that's not important . The only importance is where u are now and where you WILL be soon 
  • arguablysamson
    Options

I'm all about omad , it's the best thing I could have ever done. I'm happier and feel better everyday I conquer. .. I'm 5'6 123 lbs one week down with omad in the books. My goal 119 then 115 for flexibility. After I reach my goal I will maintain with omad. I would eat one big meal and be completely satieiated any day over 6 small meal a day (been there done that)..Omad feels 110% natural. If I can do it so can you. If you need any advise or positive feed back feel free for questions . I love helping people get where they want/need to be with their body . I've been heavier so I know what it's like but that's not important . The only importance is where u are now and where you WILL be soon 

Not tired anymore, I can tell! ;-)
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! Great Inspiration!! <3
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal, very well indeed!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! and thanks for sharing your somewhat unorthodox method. Intermittent fasting has been shown (in well-researched studies) to be helpful for some people, particularly men with metabolic syndrome (like yourself, before the weight-loss).
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Incredible !! Great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!