Real Food

Options

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Anabug81 wrote: »
    I was just wondering who else eats REAL FOOD? No shakes, bars, or meal replacement anything, but real food.

The Clean Eating Group is one of the most popular groups on MFP so I imagine a lot of people do. If you're looking for like minded people I'd start there. :smile:

IME, lots of people on MFP who like to talk about what clean eaters they are also eat protein powder.

True but she'll avoid all of the fake/plastic/waxed idiocy -- a hur dur dur.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    I was referring to food that has not been processed like most meal replacement shakes and bars. I'm not passing judgement I was just asking a simple question.

I'm still a bit confused-do you mean thinks like Slim Fast, Shakeology etc? Or are you referring to things like Lean Cuisines and McDonalds?

I don't do shakes/bars etc, but I do frequently eat fast food, some frozen dinners (love the Boston Market ones) etc.

Not sure what you're looking for with this post?

Hey now, Lean Cuisine is how I get my mac n cheese fix. Mmm vermont white cheddary pasta.

I was a LC fan, until I discovered the Boston Market ones-no going back after that lol.

I don't have enough calories by dinner for Boston Market entrees usually. :frowning: They look so tasty.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    But if she only wants to hang out with those who eschew protein powder, it may not do the trick. A lot of us here answered seriously.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I was referring to food that has not been processed like most meal replacement shakes and bars. I'm not passing judgement I was just asking a simple question.

I'm still a bit confused-do you mean thinks like Slim Fast, Shakeology etc? Or are you referring to things like Lean Cuisines and McDonalds?

I don't do shakes/bars etc, but I do frequently eat fast food, some frozen dinners (love the Boston Market ones) etc.

Not sure what you're looking for with this post?

Hey now, Lean Cuisine is how I get my mac n cheese fix. Mmm vermont white cheddary pasta.

I was a LC fan, until I discovered the Boston Market ones-no going back after that lol.

I don't have enough calories by dinner for Boston Market entrees usually. :frowning: They look so tasty.

My favorites
    -chicken Alfredo with fettuccine/400 calories
    -chicken, broccoli and cheese casserole/460 calories
    -sweet and sour chicken/580 calories
    -chicken primavera/480 calories

So not too bad and they're pretty filling! Chilis also has some really good frozen dinners-the chicken fajita pasta Alfredo is 300 calories and the chicken bacon ranch is 380 calories (love this one!).

• caroadstar
    caroadstar Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Friend me, i could always use more friend. Look at my log because its open to all.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    ha... tell my vega one nutritional drink that is made with 100% "real food" its not real.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    ha... tell my vega one nutritional drink that is made with 100% "real food" its not real.

Are you... asking us to talk to your invisible food for you?
  • MyPathway
    MyPathway Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like to cook with fresh ingredients. I don't eat processed food often nor do I use any protein supplements. I am not against any of it i just feel like those supplements add extra calories without giving me the pleasure to actually eat the calories. Maybe if you want to gain muscles you will want the extra proteins I guess.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I like grab n go stuff because of the easy measuring for calories and the ease when I'm just too tired to cook again.

Home-cooked is always superior though! I always feel better mentally and physically when I know I made everything I ate, I think it's a mental thing :)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options

Are you... asking us to talk to your invisible food for you?

haha yes... it isnt real. so someone needs to tell it to stop pretending to be food. It should be proud of what it really is,
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Real food? Is that food that you eat?
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, you just said "real food" on the main forum. Be prepared for lots of feigned ignorance and sarcasm.

lol!
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    caroadstar wrote: »
    Friend me, i could always use more friend. Look at my log because its open to all.

Your food diary isn't open to everyone.
  • lemurcat12
    edited April 2016
    Options

Can I also tell it it tastes bad? ;-)

I really, really wanted to like it -- I'm looking for a tasty plant-based protein powder with excellent ingredients and the vega seemed promising. (Maybe it would be better in a smoothie--I tend to eat that stuff with oatmeal.)
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I live in the city now...I can't even tell you where the nearest dairy farm is...where the frick would I get raw milk safely?

Probably at a health food store. Farmers can get certified to sell raw milk
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering who else eats REAL FOOD? No shakes, bars, or meal replacement anything, but real food.

Can you define "real food"?
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I live in the city now...I can't even tell you where the nearest dairy farm is...where the frick would I get raw milk safely?

In most states, probably not. I believe here the rule is that you can only buy it direct on the farm, and even that is a liberalization of the restrictions. That said, I live in a big city and it's not difficult to find a dairy farm that sells it a reasonable distance away, but that's going to depend on the city.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

In most states, probably not. I believe here the rule is that you can only buy it direct on the farm, and even that is a liberalization of the restrictions. That said, I live in a big city and it's not difficult to find a dairy farm that sells it a reasonable distance away, but that's going to depend on the city.

Retail sales of raw milk are illegal in my state. Farmers can't even sell it at the Farmer's Market, although I believe there is a bill being considered that would allow it (not sure what the chances are of it passing).

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I only eat imaginary food in my imaginary kitchen with all of my imaginary friends who never bother to help me with the imaginary dishes.
  • lemurcat12
    Options

Retail sales of raw milk are illegal in my state. Farmers can't even sell it at the Farmer's Market, although I believe there is a bill being considered that would allow it (not sure what the chances are of it passing).

Yeah, they can't sell it at the farmer's market here either. It's only a recent change in the law that lets them sell it on the farm. It used to be that you'd have to buy a share in the farm (or some legal fiction that replicated that) to buy it.