Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

McDonalds all you an eat limitless french fries?

MelaniaTrump
MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
edited April 2016 in Debate Club
Would you visit for the unlimited fries? Yes / No? Poll.
http://fortune.com/2016/04/18/mcdonalds-unlimited-fries/
St. Joseph, MO. Opening later this year.

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    I would, but damn that auto-playing ad blew my ears.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    I would have small fries, but not all you can eat.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Back in the day the French fries were delicious. Now they are horrible. I would not be inspired to eat unlimited fries.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Hmm wish it was BK fries. Or Sonic tots. Good for a splurge.

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    I used to be a McDonalds french fry lover. Now I find so much more value in just a bag of chips.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    No. I don't like them, they're nasty tasting and too much salt.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm not a big fan of Mcds fries, so this doesn't appeal to me at all. However, we have been to other restaurants with unlimited fry options (of better quality fries), and I still didn't go too crazy. Just not worth the calories to me (I'd rather use them for a nice dessert or a second sandwich lol).
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited April 2016
    McDonald's fries are not worth it.

I would consider a once in a lifetime binge on Rally's or Wendy's fries or Costco's poutine and White Castle's onion chips. I miss onion chips. :'(
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    edited April 2016
    Red Robin has unlimited fries and they are good but after eating a hamburger and drinking a couple glasses if tea I'm always full :( you really got go in with a game plan
    Oh and mcdonalds fries are really not that good at all
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Hell no.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    I would, but damn that auto-playing ad blew my ears.

Haha I think I physically left my chair, I jumped that high!! My stupid volume was turned up full tilt.
  • Hikaru140
    Hikaru140 Posts: 9 Member
    il just bake potatoes in the oven rather than eating in there lol less calories and more healthier so nope from me :P
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Honestly, how many french fries can people actually eat? I recall as a kid being really excited to go to a restaurant in Quebec that served unlimited french fries with mussels. I'm sure my dad managed to plow his way through a number of plates, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't even finish one serving. In theory it sounds awesome (or horrifying, depending on how you look at it), but really it's more like the restaurant down the street from me with all-you-can-eat pierogi. It's probably not worth the price since you can't eat more than a serving in one sitting anyway...
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    Honestly, how many french fries can people actually eat? I recall as a kid being really excited to go to a restaurant in Quebec that served unlimited french fries with mussels. I'm sure my dad managed to plow his way through a number of plates, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't even finish one serving. In theory it sounds awesome (or horrifying, depending on how you look at it), but really it's more like the restaurant down the street from me with all-you-can-eat pierogi. It's probably not worth the price since you can't eat more than a serving in one sitting anyway...

I could easily eat at least 2 large fries. But if I have 1000 calories available for that, there is definitely something better I would use it for.
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Meh, IMO highly overrated. I could have something way more enjoyable for all those calories. I actually prefer my home cooked meals now. I haven't eaten take out since last year and I don't even miss it! Unlimited fries is just going to make more overweight people and heart disease-the last thing our population needs!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    lynn1982 wrote: »

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that could shovel tons of fries down their gullet.. Then there'll be those who will eat as many as they can, simply because they are all you can eat :noway: