Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

McDonalds all you an eat limitless french fries?

Options

Replies

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I don't eat potatoes very much, and if/when I do I prefer them mashed or baked. So, no, unlimited fries wouldn't be very tempting to me. That said, if a business wants to sell them and people want to buy them, well, it's a (sort of) free market. Really not much different than olive garden's never ending pasta or red lobster's all you can eat shrimp (or any other "bottomless" type meal anywhere else). People just like to pick on mcd's (not necessarily anyone here, but in general).
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    French fries mess up my macros. Unlimited would destroy them. That said, I'm not a big fan of McDonald's and tend to eat there only in a pinch or for their one item I really like, the sausage McMuffin. I prefer Wendy's and Five Guys for my greasy fixes.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about why this was posted in the health and fitness debate section.

Anyway, I don't care for McD's fries, do like really good fries (and roasted potatoes are a staple at home), but wouldn't want unlimited (but that's easy, just don't go back for more), and don't care if restaurants want to offer unlimited.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    No. For the same reason I also avoid going to buffet restaurants. Okay well one of the same reasons. I avoid buffet restaurants for a couple of reasons. But here I am trying to lose weight by tracking calories. Taking part in eating unlimited anything that isn't water is just stupid and self defeating.

I do occasionally enjoy McD's fries. As long as they are really fresh and hot they are okay. But I get a small portion and enjoy it within my calorie allowance.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    No. This is absolutely ridiculous!!

Way to contribute even more to the obesity crisis McDonalds...

You're blaming the company...

...because they're giving consumers what they want?

Very interesting, comrade.

Yes, yes I am! Some folks may be able to self regulate, but many more will not, is my prediction. We shall have to wait and see :smile:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options

@Christine_72 guess what McDonald's research may indicate as to spends the most $$$ with them a 130 pound guy or a 330 pound guy? McDonald's promotions are to make $$$ not develop BMI's of <30 perhaps.

On a serious note it is painful to watch what some of the minor kids eat.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    McDonalds fries are nasty. Unlimited fries from there is not going to inspire me to eat McDonalds more often.

unfriended!!!

wait.

oh.

NVM
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    You're damn right I would, without a single regret. McDonald's fries are my faves.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nope. I like them plenty, but I'm generally satisfied with a reasonable portion. But I don't want to test myself, either.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

@Christine_72 guess what McDonald's research may indicate as to spends the most $$$ with them a 130 pound guy or a 330 pound guy? McDonald's promotions are to make $$$ not develop BMI's of <30 perhaps.

Don't you hang out at McD's a lot?

I never go there (not interested), so I guess I'm out of the loop (plus better restaurants in the Loop, local joke), but I can't see why McD's shouldn't be interested in what makes the most money, even if it isn't my thing.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Where the link to the Red Robin's bottomless fries thread? And they have unlimited refills for kids' Mac and cheese too.

They probably had to install heavier-duty seats for their patrons years ago since they've been offering this for a while.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Don't you hang out at McD's a lot?

I never go there (not interested), so I guess I'm out of the loop (plus better restaurants in the Loop, local joke), but I can't see why McD's shouldn't be interested in what makes the most money, even if it isn't my thing.

Yes I do McD for one LCHF meal most day and senior coffee (180 calories) per cup with free refills and other times just for the coffee. If I was not doing LCHF I would not be going there. I did not until they started offering fresh cracked eggs cooking in real butter and now they do it 27/7 in the states.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Where the link to the Red Robin's bottomless fries thread? And they have unlimited refills for kids' Mac and cheese too.

They probably had to install heavier-duty seats for their patrons years ago since they've been offering this for a while.

Um, duh, all of their patrons are dead from various weight related issues caused by bottomless fries. Everyone knows that.
  • DorkyUnicorn
    DorkyUnicorn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nom
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Hindu fries don't have the old mojo.
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Small fries.... 230 calories.... 30 carbs. I don't even touch them as a treat.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    DEBOO7 wrote: »

I agree!!! That's an incredibly reasonable amount of food for anyone to eat and not be worried about health or weight issues, right?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    DEBOO7 wrote: »

A small fries really is a teeny tiny amount.. I could fit the whole lot in, in one mouthful :open_mouth: I think our small fries are smaller than the American version??