How Making CHOICES Has Helped Me Lose Over 80 pounds.

Replies

• godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    jabky2011 wrote: »
    Hands down, the best post I have ever read. I saved it to my favorites so I can read it often.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. And I hope it helps in some way.
  • mlyn627
    mlyn627 Posts: 104 Member
    What a great post! I have tried so hard to remember that what I eat is a choice, I'm not addicted! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts & inspiring...
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    This is the beat post I have ever read. Thank you for your honesty and opening up that way. It makes so much sense and is so simple. It is all about choices. I have been at both ends (anorexic and overweight/out of control). The choices I made and make every day, that will determine if I lose, gain or stay the same. One choice at a time seems less daunting.
  • godlikepoetyes
    Amybcb wrote: »
    This is the beat post I have ever read. Thank you for your honesty and opening up that way. It makes so much sense and is so simple. It is all about choices. I have been at both ends (anorexic and overweight/out of control). The choices I made and make every day, that will determine if I lose, gain or stay the same. One choice at a time seems less daunting.

It is simple, but I don't want to come off as an expert. The post just reflects how my thinking is evolving. And believe me, it took years, YEARS, to get to this point. Therapy, at least for me, was vital. And I am always so slow to change. For years, every time I would slip into a major depression, my husband would tell me over and over--you have choices. You have options. You have decisions. It took me so long to internalize that concept and I'm still working on it every day.
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Thank you for the wonderful advice. I've yo-yo'd the same 25 pounds up and down for years. Its easy for me to blame my T1D and insulin for my continued struggles. But that is also a copout and you are 100% right. At the end of the day its ultimately my choices that determine my path. Thank you for the reminder. MFP gives me the accountability I need to keep moving along. It's math. Eat X, and keep moving so that at the end of the day the food calories in, minus the exercise calories out equals Y. This turtle may be slow, but she's steady and plans to win this race once and for all.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    This is an AMAZING post. <3
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    That is one of the best posts I have ever read. So much common sense that seems not to be so common these days.

I agree wholeheartedly! I just shared it with my cousin, sister, and my contest team at the gym!
  • godlikepoetyes
    That is one of the best posts I have ever read. So much common sense that seems not to be so common these days.

I agree wholeheartedly! I just shared it with my cousin, sister, and my contest team at the gym!

Cool. I hope they find it helpful!
  • janjan595
    janjan595 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you so much for whole heartedly sharing your journey. It's all about choices to move and what we eat and that ultimately is a choice to be happy.
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Change your behavior and the rest will follow. ...

Today, you can make a great choice. You can choose to show up. And tomorrow, you can decide to show up again. And again. Pretty soon you’ll have a whole string of days where you decided to show up. To pay attention. To make choices. And good things will happen.

So show up. And keep showing up.

Thank you so much for your post. I struggle with staying on track - but when you break it down to the perspective of just showing up ... making your choice ... it takes away all those nasty distractions and makes the path so much more clear.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    I only regret that I have but one "Awesome" to give.
  • KMA220
    KMA220 Posts: 24 Member
    <3
  • healthylili2015
    healthylili2015 Posts: 24 Member
    Wonderful post and so well said! Wow! Thank you!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Outstanding post! Thank you so much for sharing. I love that you make choices and that you show up. That is a brilliant way to be.
  • TracyYates
    TracyYates Posts: 28 Member
    THANK YOU!! - May I send you a friend request?
  • dlmcgowan93
    dlmcgowan93 Posts: 43 Member
    Well said! Can I have your permission to print this and keep close to me? I truly love the meaning and it is so applicable to me and many others. Thanks :D
  • godlikepoetyes
    Well said! Can I have your permission to print this and keep close to me? I truly love the meaning and it is so applicable to me and many others. Thanks :D

Sure print it. Of course, I could make you buy my novel! ;)
  • godlikepoetyes
    TracyYates wrote: »
    THANK YOU!! - May I send you a friend request?

Yes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!