Slim down for summer - May Challenge

Options

Replies

• nickem88
    nickem88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Nicole and I would love to join you guys.
    I need to loose about 80 lbs
    I have lost 30 lbs since Jan 16, 2016
    Right now I weigh 236 lbs
    I log what I eat every day I try to stay around 1250 calories a day. I need to start exercising but the thought of it makes me nausea lol.
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Everyone has been sent group invitation already.
    A lot of people have not replied yet
    Group is closing on 25th
  • fonebone77
    fonebone77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    drpsamin wrote: »
    Everyone has been sent group invitation already.
    A lot of people have not replied yet
    Group is closing on 25th

Where would I see an invite?
  • natdontwannabefat
    natdontwannabefat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. I've been struggling with binge eating and food addiction for the past nine months so my weight has been going up and down like a yo-yo no matter how many hours of vigorous exercise I undergo. But I'm determined to lose these thirty pounds.

At the moment, I have 31 pounds to go.
    The most amount of weight I've lost was 14 pounds but at the moment, I've gained 12 of it back.
    I'm struggling with a 1200 calorie diet and I workout 5-6 days of the week.
  • fishsquishy
    fishsquishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, first day back on myfitnesspal, been gone for about 2 years with a couple of short bursts back on. I'm 190 5'2, Female. 49 years old. Been dealing with a lot of stress, bad eating habits, long recovery from car accident. I was at 205, lost 30 but gained back 15, so back at it. Eat a lot on the go with work, kids sports, other commitments.

My goal is to lose 20 by end of July and to keep going and lose 50 total. I'll be mixing walking, soccer exercises, resistance band training, and small weight training. Will need to go slow to build up muscle and watch how my back and neck feels. All exercises at home or hiking trails. Thanks for having me!
  • radiance_08
    radiance_08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!
    Heaviest Weight: 174 lbs
    CW: 157 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs

Yoga helped me lose the first 15 lbs. Trying to increase my cardio though, and shoot for gym workouts 4 times a week. I need some motivation.
  • LoseItLeigh155
    LoseItLeigh155 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I could use support and motivation.

--My goal is to lose 30 lbs, goal weight 155
    --I started at 185lbs...I'm down to 172 lbs (after 30 days)
    - -I'm on Nutrisystem, to help me retrain how I eat and regularly. My problem was eating too irregularly, then poorly at night. It's helped me to eat on the go with my busy schedule.
    - -I do not incorporate additional exercise at this time, as my job is pretty active daily. I prefer being active outside with aggressive yardwork, physical labor.
    - -I monitor my daily activity with my Fitbit.
    - my calorie count is 1200, and working on drinking more water.
  • Rebecca_Ann_126
    Rebecca_Ann_126 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I also need accountability. I need to lose 15. I eat mainly health-conscious whole foods, very few grains. I have been very active until about 2014 when my life hit some havoc. I NEED to get myself back. Back in the workout habit most of all!
  • beachbodylinda16
    beachbodylinda16 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.

I have lost 22 pounds
    I need to loose 48 more

I'm a wife, mom of two, and a night shift nurse.
  • wow375
    wow375 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join the challenge. Have about 15lb to loose. How do I do it?
  • ruby281182
    ruby281182 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to join the challenge! I would like to lose between 5-10 kilos. I've majorly fallen off the wagon and need to get motivated again!!
  • momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I've gained all the lost weight and I'm starting from my highest weight now. I'm abt 90kg. My ultimate goal is 75kg. I'd like to be eating around 1300 to 1500kcals and working out on most days for an hour. My first goal is to to get to 85kg.
  • NicoleFray
    NicoleFray Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Id like to join!

Need to loose: 60
    Lost : 20
    1300 cals a day
    Workout 4-6 times a week
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Please add me. I need to lose between 29.4 - 44.4 lbs (to be in the 120-105 lb range - I'm 5'1.5"). As I get closer to my goal I will have a better idea of the best weight to aim for. My goal for now is to lose apx 2 lbs a week, as I get closer to my goal, my weekly loss goal will reduce.

To date I have lost 39.6 lbs (189 lbs down to 149.4 lbs).

My calories are between 1200-1300 (I'm almost 49 and short). I try to do some cardio (Jillian Michaels BodyShred and walking) and weights 6 times a week.

Thanks, Elizabeth Maryam
  • kristinduncan81
    kristinduncan81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    drpsamin wrote: »
    Who wants to lose weigh with me in May??? I'll create a challenge group!! This group is for you if-
    > need to lose weight
    > looking for motivation
    > logging your food with open diaries
    > staying active
    > willing to weigh in every Monday

Will create the group last day of April.

If you wanna be added tell me-
    - how much weight you have to lose
    - how much weight you've already lost and how much
    - Little bit about your diet and exercise plan

I'll go first
    - I need to lose about 19 pounds
    - I've already lost 17.6 pounds
    - Diet- eat 1500 cals, workout most days per week (minimum 4, maximum 6)

Hope I have some people joining me!

Can you add me?
  • kristinduncan81
    kristinduncan81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can you add me?
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I would like to lose another 49 lbs - I've already lost 27.
    Technically, my calories are 1,200, but I get about another 600 based on my Fitbit. Usually, I end the date having eaten around 1400 calories. I walk an average of 12,000 steps per day and just started C25K.
  • 785Sue
    785Sue Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love you join this challenge. I've just started this week with MFP. Have had the app for sometime done nothing with it until this week. Would like to lose 60 pounds. I exercise daily, usually walking, however, started this week a running program to push myself and looking forward to this group.
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    All participants please send request to the group Slim4Summer Challenge (starts MAY 1st SUNDAY)
    We have a very fun and active group and will appreciate all of you.
    So far I've sent many requests to a lot of ppl on here, but it seems like a lot of ppl (like 30 ppl) didn't accept the invitation to join the group.
    Please take a minute to find out how this works. It's easier to do from a desktop than your phone.

How to find the group-
    Go on your webpage
    myfitnesspal.com
    Community
    Groups
    Search- Slim4Summer Challenge (starts MAY 1st SUNDAY)

Group will be closed 25th April

Thank you.