Slim down for summer - May Challenge

Replies

• Swift31415
    Swift31415 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi!
    I have 10-15 lbs that I would like to lose. I've lost and gained the last 7 lbs about a million times it feels like. Basically, I suck at consistancy.
    Hopefully, I will be logging my calories and trying to follow IIFYM consistently. I will also try to workout 4-6 days/week. Either running, yoga, and/or lifting weights.
    I wishes everyone the best of luck! Here's to a healthy summer 2016!!
  • olygirrrl
    olygirrrl Posts: 32 Member
    I'd like to join! I'm on Day 2 of MFP. I weighed myself a couple of weeks ago and am at the heaviest I have ever been... Time to make some changes!

I have lost 4 lbs in two weeks and started seeing a nutritionist. I am gluten and dairy free (mostly). And I would like to lose 32 lbs more.

My calorie goal is 1500 a day, my exercise goal is 3x per week and to walk on my work breaks.

Looking forward to this!

Thanks,
    Ann
  • onlytati
    onlytati Posts: 45 Member
    I need the accountability too!
    I've been on Mfp for a while on and off, but I am currently at my heaviest. Need to lose 15 lbs. I'm watching my diet, but it's not the best. I'm doing about 1500 cal per day. Trying to get to the gym at least 3 times per week.
    Feel free to add!
  • cassandraanwar701
    cassandraanwar701 Posts: 43 Member
    I'd like to join the challenge
    Need to lose 69 pounds
    Lost 11 lbs so far
    1550 calorie diet
    Workout Zumba 5 days a week and yoga 1 day a week
  • lnsmith26
    lnsmith26 Posts: 3 Member
    drpsamin wrote: »
    Who wants to lose weigh with me in May??? I'll create a challenge group!! This group is for you if-
    > need to lose weight
    > looking for motivation
    > logging your food with open diaries
    > staying active
    > willing to weigh in every Monday

Will create the group last day of April.

If you wanna be added tell me-
    - how much weight you have to lose
    - how much weight you've already lost and how much
    - Little bit about your diet and exercise plan

I'll go first
    - I need to lose about 19 pounds
    - I've already lost 17.6 pounds
    - Diet- eat 1500 cals, workout most days per week (minimum 4, maximum 6)

Hope I have some people joining me!
    Who wants to lose weigh with me in May??? I'll create a challenge group!! This group is for you if-
    > need to lose weight
    > looking for motivation
    > logging your food with open diaries
    > staying active
    > willing to weigh in every Monday

Will create the group last day of April.

If you wanna be added tell me-
    - how much weight you have to lose
    - how much weight you've already lost and how much
    - Little bit about your diet and exercise plan

I'll go first
    - I need to lose about 19 pounds
    - I've already lost 17.6 pounds
    - Diet- eat 1500 cals, workout most days per week (minimum 4, maximum 6)

Hope I have some people joining me!

• lnsmith26
    lnsmith26 Posts: 3 Member
    I'd love to join. I need motivation,
    have 17 lbs to lose
    I've lost and gained and now trying to find a healthier medium
    Diet 1300, work out 5 to 6 days a week- yoga, cardio, personal training and boxing
  • 1QtwithaQ
    1QtwithaQ Posts: 37 Member
    Hi,
    I'm interested in joining the May Challenge
  • 1QtwithaQ
    1QtwithaQ Posts: 37 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm interested in joining for accountability and motivation. I have a total of 30-35lbs to lose, but my May goal will be 8lbs. My diet: 1300 - 4 days of cardio for 45 min. 1 gallon of water everyday for 30 days
  • xoxowilliams
    xoxowilliams Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2016
    I hope it's not to late! I'd like to join. I want to lose 12lbs - 15lbs mostly my stomach fat and then tone up. I don't really care about how much I weigh because I know I'm probably am gaining a lot of muscle. I try to eat 1300 cal a day and workout 6 days a week. I need to start incorporating more cardio and yoga to my workout regime.
  • averyquiring
    averyquiring Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! I would love to join your challenge!
    -I need to lose 11.7 pounds
    - I have lost 10.9 pounds
    - I eat around 1300 calories per day, I work out 4-6 times per week!
  • idontknow08
    idontknow08 Posts: 5 Member
    I would like to join the challenge.

I am looking to loose about 10 lbs. I try to stick around 1400 calories a day and go to the gym 3-4 times a week doing between 30-60 minutes of cardio.

I try to stay away from lifting because I have been known to put muscle on very quickly.
  • kels_clay
    kels_clay Posts: 3 Member
    Would love to join. I need to lose 20 lbs, have lost 5 lbs. Really lacking on motivation to change my lifestyle! I'm eating between 1200-1500 calories, working out about 5x a week. Thanks for starting this!
  • thiniber
    thiniber Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'd love to join this challenge to help kick start my weightloss :)

I want to lose around 75lbs, and in the past week already lost 4lbs, which isnt much but it's a start!

I'm aiming at 1,200-1,400 calories a day and I'm planning to work out 3 times a week (cardio) with in between days for toning/strength :)

I have a BED and have put on tonnes of weight because of it, and now I think it's time to do something right for my body!
  • ckobyl
    ckobyl Posts: 1 Member
    Good morning!
    I'd love to join the group - looking for a lasting means of motivation.

For the introductory information: I would like to lose 10-15 lbs - currently 150 at 5'3". When I initially started the weight loss process, I was 185 lbs at my highest. SO, I've lost 35 lbs since then, but more recently about 3 lbs.

My exercise plan consists of running 3-4 times a week, and now slowly adding in a strength training regimen. For nutrition, I try to keep my calories under 1500, but there is a nightly binge that begins around 7pm that blows that out of the water each night. Further, I am a pescatarian and try to have my protein intake around 70g a day - to satiate and fuel! I do not subscribe to any restrictive dieting, though I generally try to stay away from processed/fast/high sugar foods. Alas, sugar is a weakness (darn you, primative brain!).

I'm looking forward to the accountability this group can provide - many thanks for opening the challenge! Now, to switch my food diary to "open"...
    -Chrissy
  • evelyn12590
    evelyn12590 Posts: 4 Member
    I'd like to join the challenge! I have about 10lbs to lose, need the motivation my eating is okay not great but I believe in moderation is everything! I need to get back into exercising since having my baby
  • classysaxy
    classysaxy Posts: 1 Member
    Hey all!
    I need the motivation to keep pushing strong, so I'm totally down for this! You all seem to have joined several days ago, but it's not yet May so I have that going for me :)

I have lost 65 pounds in the last 4 months, but I can see the weight-loss stall. I want to lose another 35 pounds, 8-10 of those in the month of May.

To accomplish that, I'm eating at around 1500 calories a day and lifting several times a week.

Looking forward to a strong month of weightloss (and gym gains)!
  • Tati87
    Tati87 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Everyone!!

I would like to join! To Stay motivated and accomplish my goals! I want to lose 60 pounds. I've lost 6 pounds in 4 weeks. I've changed my diet and started avoiding bread, pasta and rice. I walk everyday about 20 mins and currently using MFP and have a 1200 calorie daily.

Looking forward to accomplish this with you all !

thanks!
  • bas1971
    bas1971 Posts: 3 Member
    I'd like to join your challenge! I have 40 lbs to lose. I've gained 30 lbs of stress(work) over the last 2 years. I'm on a Fitbit group with my family and we do the daily and weekend challenges to keep each other motivated. I have a gym membership to planet fitness and I have always loved lifting weights so I want to get back into lifting and more structured cardio along with cleaner eating and reduce my sugar intake. I'm going to be 45 in June. Would love to lose 10 lbs by then!! Im looking for motivation and accountability from others too
  • pennyjean75
    pennyjean75 Posts: 41 Member

Thanks for the link! I sent a join request. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • ErinMekena
    ErinMekena Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I have lost about 30 pounds already and have about 35 more to lose total, I exercise a few times a week and my calorie goal is 1000 a day. Looking forward to this challenge!