WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2016

Options

Replies

17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Hi ladies: Welcome to the newbies, just keep coming back. Cloudy and a little rainy. They finished the septic today, YEAY!!!!!! Now we just have to have the white water tank pumped out probably next week and we will be good to go for 3-5 years. Turns out when they built the system they dropped a boulder bigger than a beachball on one of the pipes so it has been unattached and leaking for 9 years. There is a layer of biomaterial in the yard about 10-12 inches deep. Yuck. No wonder the grass grows really high there.

Chris - So sorry about PB. Hope someone else comes your way soon.

Kim - Thinking good thoughts about you and your dream job. You go girl!!

Miriam - I hear you about the SSDI. You would think they would want to encourage people to work as much as they can but that is not what happens. I worked in rehab and there are a few stinkers playing the system but way too many who can't get services they need.

Lisa - Good looking group.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

You are so right about SSDI ! Trust me nobody gets rich off of disability, we have a moral obligation to take care of people in need. True a few stinkers get threw but most people want to live productive lives. I see this everyday in hubby law practice, fakes we won't take their cases. Gayle Minneapolis
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • Pollance
    Pollance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
  • Pollance
    Pollance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Don't know what just happened but it appears that the picture of my tattoo posted and the rest of the message disappeared, so I will try again

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Chris~ ((((hugs)))) friend. I suppose all you can do is jut out your chin and think.."His Loss". Still it doesn't make the pain go away....sweet things help, but just a nibble. You are strong, persevere thru this girly!!

Aw, did I leave all you hanging?? I need some hokey music like old time radio to make it really suspenseful!

"We last left Becca fresh out of her bath, and rounding the corner into the bedroom of her hotel room"

Jazz is playing on the radio, adding to the drama before me. The side table lights are on low, the bed sheets turned down. On the chair by the door, the comforter is neatly folded. Ok, Ayla is better than she realizes, I think to myself. Its then, that I notice a steaming cup of tea on the round table in front of the drawn window shades. I'm afraid to take a step, but the soft jazz lulls me forward into the room. Wasn't it on the country station when I went to take a bath?

On the bed lies a satin, ivory-colored night gown. I touch the lacy capped sleeves, stroking the soft fabric. The lacework around the low neckline is extraordinary. I pick it up and hold it against my bare skin, my towel a heap on the floor. Slipping it over my head, it cascades over my body, cool satin caressing me. It's then that something catches my eye.

On the table by my teacup, lies the ivory rose. Another ivory rose? I sneak a peek through the shades to my car. It's too dark to see, damn. So, maybe another rose for Rebekah? Picking it up, I see an envelope with my name on it. Hastily, I open it:
    I am in awe of you.....
    Always and forever,
    D.S.

I shake my head, not quite comprehending my environment. This stalker has class, I will give him that. That, and a compelling way with words. I sip the tea, sitting back on the bed. It is satiny smooth. A strong English tea, sweet and milky, the way I like it. As I sip the tea, I realize this is tea made by mysterious, creepy guy. I pause at the thought, but for some reason continue sipping. I'm at a loss, but empty the cup in short order. This must be an expensive brand of tea. Its tastes like it should be. Putting the delicate teacup down I feel so comfortable. Oh I need to brush my teeth , but my body says, hush up and enjoy the feeling. So I do and close my eyes to dream.

DREAMS 101

Dreams are like patchwork quilts. Some squares have significance and have a place in reality, while other squares just add color. My dreams were like that. The location was always the same. That house in Long Beach California. I am crawling on my knees, the worst of the clutter below waist level. My palms are bloody. As I brush the hair away from my face, it is then that I notice him. "Dimitri"....I mouth under my breath. The tall dark figure slowly approaches me, his hands outstretched. With a calmness, so unlike this hellish setting, I put my hands into his. A warmness spreads throughout my body, as he urges me to stand. It is then that I awaken with a start.

In the past, well actually last week to be precise, I dreamed the same horrifying dream. In the house, Leroy is behind me yelling where I needed to turn, to stop, to breath. At the end of my dreams I would awaken with the feeling of being smothered. I would shower, trying to get the mental filth and stench off my skin, scrubbing until I was raw.

This ending was different. Mystery Man had been there, to stop him somehow. I awoke feeling powerful, and a survivor through it all. How can a person you haven't met, have power over a dream? I was completely and utterly confused beyond belief.

So that was Chapter One.....and a Dreams 101 insert. Do I describe things over the top, or is it ok? Do I need to stop with the details? Can you picture this story in your minds eye?

Tomorrow is the Crab and Wine Festival! Can't wait!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did a Jari Love Extremely Ripped Boot Camp DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Walk Your Belly Flat DVD.

Kim - I'm going to see the lady who does the sewing for me. I know that she has kidney problems, so I got this recipe for a cake out of a cookbook called "The kidney Friendly Cookbook" for a cake. It has cream cheese, sugar, eggs, pineapple, yelow cake mix, oil, water, rum flavoring and vanilla flavoring. Personally, I would think the vanilla or lemon flavoring would be best. Lemon to compliment the pineapple or increase the vanilla. What do you think?

Chris - What a gentleman, I am so so sorry for your loss. I'd be crying, too, if I were in your shoes. :( I'm so sad (((BIG HUG)))

Miriam - as soon as Vince puts the Ben Gay on, he has to cover it (like put socks on if he used it on his feet) or else it gets licked off faster than he can put it on. Sometimes he has to hurry up and get under the sheet!

Katie - You rock! I knew you could do it! Pretty soon you'll be at 191 and then we'll have another reason to celebrate.

Lisa - thanks for telling me the names of your books. Now to figure out how to get them on my tablet...lol Sometimes I'm so very computer illiterate. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Skyped with Bryan this morning. The last time and this time at least he hasn't attacked me, it's been more of a "what's going on" type of conversation. He does look like he's gained weight. He had a piercing above his eye but I don't see it right now. I honestly didn't think it looked very professional but I never said that to him.

The gal who had the torn retina (if you remember me taking her to the eye MD) is a master gardener and she took me to this nursery that she uses to look at some of the plants. In a sense, I think she just wanted to go. But that's OK. I didn't buy anything.

Almost done with the third beaded banner. Have only one more to go.

Have the salmon marinating so I can bake it tomorrow a.m., just came back from the Hickory Community theater where we saw "Incorruptible". I must say, it WAS funny. I'm just not crazy at all about their fireman's kitchen. this is where they put on shows in a much smaller venue. It only seats something like 45 people. To me, it's just too crowded. Plus, you sit at tables and unless you're right in front, you have a hard time seeing. Tonight there was this one lady in the audience who I think may have had a bit too much to drink. She was laughing at just about anything and laughing real loud, to the point where it was a bit obnoxious.

CarolGA - If I left it totally to Vince, we'd never leave the house. And I'm the complete opposite, I need to be with people and out of the house. Today he didn't take me anywhere, Nancie took me to the nursery. He commented "guess that's why I feel so relaxed, we didn't go anywhere"

Kim - sounds like a good deal for you both. I'm sure your friend doesn't want just anyone to take over for her and you'd be great. I sure hope it comes thru for you! That would be awesome

Welcome everyone new!

alcoe - hope you get better real soon

pollance - nice looking tattoo

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Becca - it is a lot of detail, but I love every last one, it builds the picture in my mind.

kim
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    michele - gosh I wish you lived closer I'd just loan you the rum extract... I think I'd go vanilla... the lemon might not highlight the pineapple, but muddy it.

Kim
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Girls I am appreciating the good wishes so much, I have my hopes up, but am trying to be realistic... until she announces to the organization that runs the garden nothing can go forward. and that will happen in the next 30-60 days.... I could get really excited about this, if I let myself.

Kim in ca with fingers crossed
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Kim, I think you have an excellent chance if they go ahead with their garden plan. I'm sending good thoughts your way. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: Waiting for the decision is the hard part. Good luck!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, will we get chapter 2 tomorrow or do we have to wait? I was kind of confused about the dream insert, didn't know if it had anything to do about the original story. Still wondering. Insert scratching my head.

Michele, sounds like things are a bit better with your son. Is his wife around when you have this skype session? Good luck with it.

Charlie was able to go out to Karaoke again tonight!!!! I dread it when his dose of Prednisone stops. I am hoping that it kick started a healing but not holding my breath. That was her (the nurse practitioner) intention when she ordered it. But this is his 3rd round of it since diagnosis and it has always gradually went back to it's original ugly self after the 4 weeks of 40 mg are over. He is now on 30 mg so he is on his way down and is doing better on now than he was a week ago. He has his appointment on the 2nd. Fingers crossed.

Take this just as a statement and nothing else. The Indiana primary is coming up soon. Usually we are late enough in the proccess that we don't make any difference. But this time we do. So now we are getting hit with all the adds. Sigh.

Joyce, Indiana
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,784 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    well woke up at 2:30-3 am again and couldn't go back to sleep.Tom off to work until 9-10 this morning, I swear either he is losing his mind or I am... he says he tells me something and when I ask him a question he yells at me and tells me he told me already and I don't listen..
    I asked him yesterday how long he was working, and he did tell me until he was finished, but I never heard the words 9-10 am.. so I asked him this morning and he had a cow saying that I already told you, and you dont listen... :/ geesh
    well until my brother is ready and brings his truck.. can't do much more up at dads..
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. It means so much to me.

My cat woke me up at 4:30 this morning. The food bowl he prefers (one of three) was NEARLY empty! Not empty, mind you, just nearly empty. So this one cat thought he needed to jump on my belly to let me know! Normally it is another one that nibbles on my fingers at 5am every morning to get me up. They are so silly. I had hoped to sleep in a little this morning so the girls would sleep in.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,327 Member
    Options
    Just booked lunch tomorrow in Winchester for me and my friend. :D It's at Rick Stein's seafood restaurant, but we will only have the table for about an hour and a half. I think that's long enough for lunch. There is an art market in the street on Sunday so we have can have a wander about.
    Unfortunately DH won't be available to pick me up from the station on the way home, unless I leave immediately, which I could. He will be watching his team play the semi final of the FA cup. Can't interrupt that! I can get a taxi or catch the early train.

We had a bit of a hiccup trying to think of a nice way to celebrate our 13 years "meeting" anniversary. The day before we are up in London with the grandchildren, so I thought it would be lovely to have a meal with my son that evening, get a taxi to a hotel, go to an art gallery in the morning and have a nice lunch. That didn't please him for some reason. I tried to get out of him what was bothering him, but I'm still not sure. It might have been the expense of the hotel, or whatever. I think he is worried about all the money we are spending on holidays. He then said, "Most people don't even celebrate the day they met.". Hmmmmmmmm.
    I asked him what he would prefer, but he didn't really come up with anything. So we are staying at home and having something nice to eat and a posh bottle of wine that we bought for our Christmas present. ;)
    He has been more touchy and grumpy recently, but I don't know why.
    I'm not bothered about the hotel etc as we have my grandson's birthday, my DSIL coming to stay and my trip to Nottingham to see DS#1 close together, but I wish I knew what was on his mind. I know finishing his book, THE KNIFE EDGE, feels like a bit of an anticlimax for him, as doing it every day gives him that discipline he enjoys, but he is already researching the next one.
    Maybe it's just money. Or maybe he's getting nervous about the cruise. Who knows. Men! ! !

Love Heather UK
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It's been a couple of days since I checked in and 50 pages have rolled by.

I've been very busy lately. Thursday I went to a ceramics demonstration/workshop in Joplin all day. Yesterday I spent the entire day getting the new gallery ready to open. Last night was Art Walk and it was the first time we have opened our doors to the public. It all went wonderfully well! We were mobbed from start to finish. It was supposed to end at 8pm but we didn't lock the doors till after 10. Needless to say, I overdid it a little.

By the time I got home I could barely move. Hubby was helping me get into bed and I was making some moaning sounds because everything hurt, and Spot seemed to think hubby was hurting me and he snapped at him. Spot is so protective of me. Its sort of cute.

I'm almost back to 100%, but Wednesday at WalMart my foot drug on the floor just a little and I nearly fell down. I was really annoyed. Don't like to see any reminders of my little adventure, but they sneak out occasionally. All in all, though, I know how lucky I was, so I'm not going to complain.

Here is a pic of me standing next to some of my pottery. Please try to ignore the fact that I've gained 30 pounds.

ayje6gprvam0.jpeg

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Sitting outside the motel room drinking coffee and scribbling, so love early mornings. My poor roommate for the night has a raging sinus infection, and a couple times during the night I woke up from a dream of Darth Vader... realized I haven't slept in a room with anyone but the DH in more than eight years. There are four of us up here in this little mountain town, all happily married, and it's sad that it seems so unusual to have that many happy women in one place. Had a couple glasses of wine last night and chatted for hours, it was lovely. Workshop begins shortly, time to go shower so Sarah will be able to when she gets up. Have a lovely day, my friends...

Lisa in West Texas
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sylvia love the pottery. I have a few pcs but I have purchased them from local artist fairs. Not that talented.

Been to the gym already this am. Love going early very few people there. Have to shop for a wedding shower gift and get to the bank yet but then day is free to do yard work or something else. May wait till tomorrow suppose to be 20 degrees warmer. Going to make it a productive good day. Nothing is going to get me down today.

Have a great day ladies.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, it is just so great to see you up and about! Been so worried about you. Don't worry about the thirty pounds. You know what you need to do now. Just so glad you are doing well.
  • Pickleheadgirl
    Pickleheadgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello All - I am so close to being 50 I can see it and I was happy to see this group here. I am new to MFP but have been loving my Garmin since I got it in early March. My goal is to hit my step goal every day for the remainder of April and to monitor my diet in writing every day too! Have a great day, ya'll!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Dreary morning here in NE oHIo. Woke to find that some critter upended the pansies we planted in a planter near the front stoop! Miriam? Hmmm....the grounds crew are around today to lay new mulch in our beds. They are using black this year..yuck I much prefer brown. Hubs is hovering like they don't know what they are doing...lol He will redistribute as soon as they move on to the next house.

My back is acting up out of the blue again. Ouch. Have an old script for pain pills to use at night for sleeping. Anyone use those Salon Pas pain patches? Wondering if they work or not.

My daughter's chiropractor wants her to take mega doses of fish oil supplement for inflammation. Has anyone done this? Is it safe? Miriam?

Husband feels sure he will get an offer from Ohio Northern University this week as they have checked his references. We shall see. In the mean time he Skyped with University of Connecticut yesterday and he travels to Georgia for an interview this coming week.

Passover this week so no bread products for me. There goes my peanut butter toast for breakfast. That's the only thing I will have to eliminate as I rarely eat bread products these days. Happy Passover to those celebrating!

Blessings and prayers to those in need and kudos to those celebrating accomplishments!

Cheri
    dreary NE oHIo