Most disgusting thing you've ever tried in your weight loss/gain journey

Options
15678911»

Replies

• DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Those bland banana/oatmeal cookies (such a waste of calories), beets (taste like dirt), dark chocolate (too bitter), juices made with only vegetables (I'll eat a salad, TYVM), and gluten-free bread products. I'm really grateful I don't have celiac disease. Many alternative sweeteners, especially stevia, are vile. (But I love diet sodas. Go figure.)

OT: I have an intense disgust for Cinnabon. When I'm at an airport the smell of the place makes me want to throw up. It's just excessive and overly sweet. (I tried it twice just to make sure I wasn't missing something since they're apparently a thing.) Seeing people walk around with cinnamon rolls the size of their head is also disturbing. I love sugar. I love baked goods. I love cinnamon. I love icing. Yet I hate Cinnabon.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If your'e looking for something that tastes like off fish and pond scum, then chlorophyll liquid is the product for you :+1::wink:

62cc5a6386eb.jpg
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    did a juice cleanse a few years ago, which wasn't altogether bad. however, learned the hard way that you must get the skins off of beets before juicing. kale is disgusting in juices as well. oh, too much ginger is also gross!

gluten free bread. mostly yuck. i will most assuredly eat my hamburger with NO bun before i will eat gluten free buns. udi 12" hoagie rolls are ok, but cost 470 calories.

back in the day, meat free hot dogs and boca burgers. boca burgers are much better now than they used to be.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I tried to make a biscuit with strawberry protein powder. I was lucky I didnt puke.

I tried to make protein pancakes with strawberry protein powder. So nasty.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I tried to make a biscuit with strawberry protein powder. I was lucky I didnt puke.

I tried to make protein pancakes with strawberry protein powder. So nasty.
    Not protein powder, but I added strawberry Greek yogurt to my eggs one day. :s

Speaking of eggs, I don't like carton egg whites mixed with whole eggs
  • suediebee
    suediebee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I tried several times to make deserts with sugar alternatives, and every time it has been gross. I used setiva instead of sugar for tapioca pudding, and it was easily the most disgusting thing I've ever cooked.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    suediebee wrote: »
    I tried several times to make deserts with sugar alternatives, and every time it has been gross. I used setiva instead of sugar for tapioca pudding, and it was easily the most disgusting thing I've ever cooked.

Seconded. I just can't do sugar alternatives.

The only exception somehow is protein cheesecake, I use 2 tbsp of stevia and it's pretty tasty (most of the sweeteners come from the protein powder anyway).
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Kr15by wrote: »
    Tuna omellette with a scoop of chocolate protein. i didnt finish it :)

I wanted to barf just reading this!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Kr15by wrote: »
    Tuna omellette with a scoop of chocolate protein. i didnt finish it :)

I wanted to barf just reading this!

LOL That truly does sound disgusting :sick: