What SMALL thing did you do today to help with your journey?

Options

Replies

• CandehMandeh
    CandehMandeh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I cook at home more often (more veggies/legumes/fruit), cut out soda, and portion control.
  • ClaireKxoxo
    ClaireKxoxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today I prepped my work day food right down to the very last snack. This saved me delving into my purse to buy unhealthy things that are no good for my future! Same tomorrow! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • edwardenglejr
    edwardenglejr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Finding supportive friends is best! So add me!
  • bluebkoda
    bluebkoda Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Today I walked up 14 flights of stairs on my lunch break
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I am actually sticking to my calorie goal, and it's because I'm having what I want for dinner. We had potatoes planned, but I want Mac and cheese. So I'm having a lean cuisine with my pork to make it fit.
  • rccsinger
    rccsinger Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I resisted the sweet potato fries in the cafeteria!
  • rebeccaahopkins93
    rebeccaahopkins93 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to a friend's tonight and we will be getting some not so great food so I hit the gym hard, then walked to the store instead of driving (50 minute walk). After work I might go with my roommate on her evening walk!
  • ashley19971
    ashley19971 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got hungry, so instead of eating a full meal I ate a half a cup of grapes and made green tea :)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I ran one mile and walked two more. Not bad for originally not wanting to work out today.
  • karina0679
    karina0679 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have started walking during my lunch break. I get a 50 minute break so I am able to take a 25 minute walk. I am hoping to do this a couple times a week :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I brought my insulated cup to work with a few lemon slices. I intend to keep refilling from the water cooler to increase my water a bit.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I stopped getting sucked into work parties, employee appreciation dinners. I would always justify it as oh I don't want to look ungrateful I'll just get a little, which never turns out to be a little lol. Now I just thank the supervisor for providing it and then go heat up my healthy choice meal lol I may not have lost as much weight as I've wanted so far but I'm making better choices. Also I stick to my mile-a-morning jog.
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When I wind down for the evening I start working on an old cross stitching project when I sit to watch TV. Keeps my hands busy and I'm finally finishing a project I started a few years ago. It totally replaced my old snacking habit. Down 14 lbs since March 2!
  • Becky_p1972
    Becky_p1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I woke up at 5:30 and went for a mile walk.
  • merr1cose
    merr1cose Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! So many motivated people :smile: I made sure all my food for the day was prepped and packed last night.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Today I was craving chocolate so I ate a chocolate pudding instead of a chocolate candy bar. Calories are similar, but I feel better than I would have just eating the candy bar. I also know I could not have just eaten half a candy bar. :tongue:
  • AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I got on the MFP Community Motivation boards and posted. Hopefully my limited insights helped some, making my journey all the more merrier.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I went to my work's cafeteria for my after-dinner snack, and even though they were out of the single-serve bowls of krave chocolate cereal (sometimes my dessert, if I'm super craving chocolate!)(200 cal) I didn't go for the lemon merengue pie I really wanted (350 cal) and got a single-serve bowl of Corn Pops instead. 160cal vs 350! I'm trying to save some so after my work-out tonight I'll have enough for a few beers with the boyfriend before bed. :smile: