What SMALL thing did you do today to help with your journey?

We all know losing weight isn't about dieting, it's about life style changes, and the appropriate way to make those changes is usually baby steps to help prevent you from reverting back to your old ways. So let's keep a running thread of small changes we made today that'll help us in the long run.

I've been getting better about ordering salads for lunch (I guess it really isn't all rabbit food...). Cheese is a weakness of mine, and a goal is to cut down on cheese and dairy alike, so today, I ordered my lunch with no cheese. (It came with feta. I don't even like feta that much, but I would have eaten it.)

Replies

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    good job on the salad!! yay!
    I walked during my break.. I will be getting off here soon to walk again. Little things every day add up! You are doing great! keep at it!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Trishkit wrote: »
    My small thing today is that I'm letting myself take a break. I'm usually so on it about hitting my 10K+ steps a day (I'm super competitive) and recently have been trying to up my endurance level on my treadmill every evening. But I always run the risk of overdoing it and taking longer to recover because of that. Tonight, we'll be going to see stand-up comedian Brian Regan and I won't have time to jog or walk for any period of time. Instead of feeling like I'm failing, I'm choosing to think of it as a chance to recover from a super awesome workout last night, and a chance to relax and enjoy a show as a reward for my hard work.

Rest days are really important! It's easy to want to work out every day, but our bodies need breaks. Have a great time at Brian Regan's show! :)

I love this thread! It's all about those little habits that we change one by one.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Trishkit wrote: »
    Instead of feeling like I'm failing, I'm choosing to think of it as a chance to recover from a super awesome workout last night, and a chance to relax and enjoy a show as a reward for my hard work.

Damn straight! That's an awesome attitude to have!!

• Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Rest days are really important! It's easy to want to work out every day, but our bodies need breaks. Have a great time at Brian Regan's show! :)

I love this thread! It's all about those little habits that we change one by one.
    303lissy wrote: »
    Damn straight! That's an awesome attitude to have!!

Oh man, it's so hard to give myself that chance, too! But that's what this is all about, rewiring my thoughts and approaches to things in order to build a healthier lifestyle. Thanks, guys!
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    I've had four bottles of water so far today!
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    I packed my workout bag this morning so I have no excuse to not stop at the gym on the way home from work tonight.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Took short (10-15 minutes each) walks on all three of my breaks at work.