What SMALL thing did you do today to help with your journey?

Options

Replies

• jennkaufer89
    jennkaufer89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm not skipping meals in order to "prepare" for the Valentine's Day dinner my boyfriend is cooking for me. We missed out on Valentine's because our kitchen was under renovation, and now that it's all shiny and new he offered to cook me dinner. The only hint I got is that there will be pie involved.

Basically my thought is, is if I don't starve myself all day then I'll be able to exert portion control and mindfulness without too much strain. Wish me luck!
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm not skipping meals in order to "prepare" for the Valentine's Day dinner my boyfriend is cooking for me. We missed out on Valentine's because our kitchen was under renovation, and now that it's all shiny and new he offered to cook me dinner. The only hint I got is that there will be pie involved.

Basically my thought is, is if I don't starve myself all day then I'll be able to exert portion control and mindfulness without too much strain. Wish me luck!

What exactly are we wishing you luck for?! Whatever it is...good luck!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I packed a healthy lunch (salad) and when I went to buy breakfast at the cafeteria I skipped my usual muffin or bagel and got fruit and yogurt instead. And it was delicious!
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Skipped the bread and oil at lunch with colleagues today.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 of C25K! Me. The running-hater!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I moved faster on the Elliptical Trainer.
  • LisaS472
    LisaS472 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    New here so my morning has started "on track" already just by finding this awesome group! Happy Saturday!
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Resisted chocolate donuts being offered to me at least 6 times
  • SiaB12
    SiaB12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher so there is always an abundance of tempting sugary snacks around. I've found I only give in and eat them when I have no other options. So I started packing breakfast, lunch, and snacks & a 74.4oz bottle of water. No excuses now!!
  • jennkaufer89
    Options
    Today, I am going to run day 4 of Couch to 5K! I'm excited to see how far I've progressed!
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Even though we had Chinese take out tonight, i didn't order anthing really fried, asked for no msg or salt and focused on vegetables.

We ordered:
    Seafood with mixed vegetables
    Tofu with mixed vegetables
    Assorted meat chop suey.
    Fried rice.

Kept my portion small and within my calorie limit, even leaving enough for a 90 calorie fudgscile.

I feel good about my choices today and didn't deprive myself!
  • mo_the_lean
    mo_the_lean Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started an Instagram account to post the junk food I skip https://www.instagram.com/iskippedit

I feel proud every time I win over food.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I bought a food scale on Amazon. Also walked past the table of Girl Scout cookies on the way in and out of the grocery store with a simple "no thank you, not today."
  • jennkaufer89
    Options
    Also walked past the table of Girl Scout cookies on the way in and out of the grocery store with a simple "no thank you, not today."

Go you! Seriously, those adorable tiny people with their delicious sugar bombs are the biggest struggle for me during my weekly commute. It feels like there's a troop stationed outside of every Metro stop...So far I've managed to resist...I can't wait for cookie season to be over.
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Went to the playground with the kiddo and took a short walk.
  • lauriekk22
    lauriekk22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Walked around house during Oscars commercials (and some categories), to get to my 500 extra calories remaining. Almost there!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Packed breakfast and lunch so I don't have to look at the vending machine.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Pre planned week 2 and brought my lunch and snack to work. I wasn't perfect last week but I was much better than if I didn't plan.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 and 20 minutes cardio this morning counts, right? :p
  • bringing_sasha_back
    Options
    Today during work I took the steps instead of the elevator. I also didn't drink any soda or coffee instead I took 4 bottles of water with me!