What SMALL thing did you do today to help with your journey?

Options

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    the weather is beautiful out this morning, so after getting the geese up, i spent a few extra moments outside watching the sunrise (and the moonset) while doing some yoga stretches and a few squats.
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Two things I did:
    (a) TODAY: pre-packed my breakfast and lunch, including coffee & water, before I went for my morning swim. Recorded the calories/micro-nutrients on MFP. This allowed me to relax in the knowledge that I was organised from 5am to 1pm.
    (b) YESTERDAY: used the extreme heat (44C ... 110F) as my excuse to return to the local indoor pool and get in an extra two hours of lane laps of breast-stroke. It all adds up to "fighting off" the calories.
  • momrosas92
    momrosas92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I already feel great lol I'm not suppose to gain Anymore weight during this pregnancy and are a healthy snack instead! Will definitely have to go buy more fruits as veggies but excited for the change!
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Telling myself that I'm going to destroy my workout.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!

My small thing this morning - I woke up late and told myself that I would just grab a breakfast burrito at work instead of my usual healthy breakfast, which takes some prep. As I got ready throughout the morning, though, I decided that was a bad idea and would likely derail my calorie goals, because I'm going to a lunch meeting and then we're out to dinner tonight.

So, I grabbed a string cheese, four dried figs and had that with some crackers I keep at my desk, for a nice, well-rounded (albeit unconventional) breakfast.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I drank enough water!
  • jcsgirl86
    jcsgirl86 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think I originally saw this quote on My Fitness Pal and loved it.
    "Living Healthfully isn't a single challenge, but many small challenges that add up to big advantages."
    All the small things we choose to do each day really do make a big impact on our overall health and fitness.

Last night (even though it was late and I was tired) I planned and packed my breakfast, lunch and snacks for today. If I don't have that ready and on hand I set myself up for bad choices. This morning dinner went in the crockpot so I can go workout right after work.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My admin assistant and I just closed our office door and did a series of stretches (which we do regularly) but today I added in 10 tricep dips, 12 squats and 20 calf raises. Not a lot but it's something! I'm going for a walk at lunch too!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    coworker brought donuts and I usually have 2 throughout the day
    but I haven't had any :)
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I had afternoon coffee instead of a donut. I warmed up waffles for dinner. I never imagined they had so many calories so I LEARNED NOT TO DO THIS AGAIN.
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to eat butter chicken so I made sure I saved enough calories to eat it and 1/2 a mini naan. Really wanted to eat 2 naan breads with all the sauce left but I resisted. ( I love bread/naan but have to limit it as it makes me feel sick)
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I went out for a walk in the cold, ended up jogging for 2 minutes out of my walk (for the first time), and continued even as the snow swirled around me!
  • scooterjen
    scooterjen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did a 15 minute walking video and left the cheese off my Sonic hamburger
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did not eat any of the snacks at our group meetig that are always sooo good!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I had to eat out of the vending machine this morning and chose the Michaelina Rigatoni with chicken, broccoli and sauce instead of the chocolate muffin.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Took some extra time yesterday and made my oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes. They kept me full until 1PM. Today I need to clean the house so that should get me some extra steps.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Last nice I served myself a lot of rice, but actually stopped when I felt full. Normally I would have binged and finished the rice (the meat and veggies were already gone, and there was A LOT of rice left), but I listened to my body when it said "that was good, but no more."
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Today I will stay under calories - I did notice some loss on the scale today hoping to meet my end of February 2 lb loss by Tuesday. Will drink my water at work. Had a good workout this morning. Hope to walk lots on the weekend as the weather is going to warm up again.
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have gone two days without chocolate or wine.
  • LornaDrach
    LornaDrach Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    did not emotional eat yesterday. Planned my meals for today so I know what to eat when