What SMALL thing did you do today to help with your journey?

Options

Replies

• Diamonddoll24
    Diamonddoll24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually get footlong sandwiches in between school breaks, today I replaced it with a protein shake
  • razzjam334
    razzjam334 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying even though I haven't lost weight in months
  • tryasimighty
    tryasimighty Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love the 'Bounce' protein balls we get here but can eat then in two bites. Today I took smaller bites and chewed it properly, really tasting it and enjoying it. As a bonus it filled me up more, psychological or otherwise ;-)
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I accidentally dropped half my breakfast bagel on the ground this morning, so a few less calories for my first meal. ;)
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I did a sun salutation while I waited for the tea kettle.
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Instead of driving my son to school, I jogged next to him and he speed walked. AND I enjoyed it haha :smiley:
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Bought groceries just for breakfasts this week: bananas, milk, avocados and Greek yogurt
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I began working on my flower/garden beds early. I burned several calories. I also spent time exploring a neighbor town with as much walking as I could - including using steps which has always been difficult (previously) with my recurring knee injuries!
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Put an Atkins bar back in my drawer.... label says 3.9 carbs, reality... 22 carbs.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    HAPPY MARCH 1st! New month and a new commitment to exercise. 30 minutes this morning walking.
  • sewicanquilt
    sewicanquilt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Today is my cheat day. I allow myself 1 day every two weeks where I can eat what I deem "totally inappropriate, marginally nutritional" food. I allow myself to go over my allotted calories by 200 calories. So for lunch today, I had a Whataburger hamburger, fries, and a Dr. Pepper. After 2 sips of the soda, I decided it was too sweet and switched to water (saving me a ton of calories). As a lifetime member of the "clean plate club", I am trying to reprogram myself to stop eating when I'm full and not when the food is gone. So, as I am eating, I notice that I am getting full. I stopped eating before I ate all of my fries (I ate about 1/2 the box). This is HUGE for me. I never leave fries. So not only did my body not like the soda, but I listened when it said that's enough food and I am satisfied. This is a cheat day first and I am so proud of myself! Hope everyone else can remember to celebrate the small steps that lead to a new life.
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Today is my cheat day. I allow myself 1 day every two weeks where I can eat what I deem "totally inappropriate, marginally nutritional" food. I allow myself to go over my allotted calories by 200 calories. So for lunch today, I had a Whataburger hamburger, fries, and a Dr. Pepper. After 2 sips of the soda, I decided it was too sweet and switched to water (saving me a ton of calories). As a lifetime member of the "clean plate club", I am trying to reprogram myself to stop eating when I'm full and not when the food is gone. So, as I am eating, I notice that I am getting full. I stopped eating before I ate all of my fries (I ate about 1/2 the box). This is HUGE for me. I never leave fries. So not only did my body not like the soda, but I listened when it said that's enough food and I am satisfied. This is a cheat day first and I am so proud of myself! Hope everyone else can remember to celebrate the small steps that lead to a new life.

Nice accomplishment. I can relate to the "clean plate club" guilt.
  • serenaraven84
    serenaraven84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a texture person. I crave foods that crunch when I eat them.
    Instead of grabbing a little bag of chips that they keep stocked in my office, I just ate a bag of sugar snap peas!
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A friend took me out to lunch. There was nothing healthy on the menu, but I noticed they serve lunch until 2:00 so I ordered 2 poached eggs and went home to a nice green salad.
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Found the kettle bells and dusted them off. Only did about 10 minutes but it is 10 minutes more than I did the past 3 months.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my office celebrated a few birthdays and had cake and cookies brought in. Multiple people asked me if I wanted a slice, and I said no each time :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I hopped on my stationary bike while the kiddo showered, only 10 mins but a start. Today I packed a protien shake instead of a bunch of snacks! Hoping to do a little lifting in my office today too!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Oh I also skipped the bread on my breakfast sandwich to help save calories!
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My honey has had red velvet cream cheese cup cakes in the fridge for three days now and I have yet to touch one! Go me !
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    My honey has had red velvet cream cheese cup cakes in the fridge for three days now and I have yet to touch one! Go me !

That one would be really difficult for me. Nice going