What SMALL thing did you do today to help with your journey?

Options

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Fairysoul wrote: »
    Yesterday I hopped on my stationary bike while the kiddo showered, only 10 mins but a start. Today I packed a protien shake instead of a bunch of snacks! Hoping to do a little lifting in my office today too!

Remember 10 * 3 = 30 minute workout :)
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Started off this morning with a nice cold glass of water and instantly felt more alert and ready for the day!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Too cold to walk yesterday morning so I went out after work and at least walked 25 minutes in before it started getting REALLY dark out. This morning, got my kettle bells out . I also brought my lunch and snack for work to avoid break room snacks.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Got hot tea with Splenda instead of a latte. Also packed workout clothes on a weekend trip.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Downsizing the drinks!!

I used to get a large, full fat hot chocolate at 451 calories and I've slowly worked that down to a small, soya hot chocolate at 160 calories. Cappuccino has gone from a medium full fat (218) to a small soya (60.) Today the big thing was having one less coffee. I really needed the caffeine though so had a diet coke but that is 0 calorie.

I've never really paid attention to my caffeine intake (no idea what the recommendation even is) but almost everything I drink is coke, red bull or coffee so that's tomorrows challenge; one more caffeine-free drink!
  • jabberwocky918
    jabberwocky918 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For me, my first small step was cutting out all soda. But I know this might be super hard for some people. Surprisingly what was tougher was cutting out unsweet ice tea so that I could stay more hydrated </3 lol so now it's just water all the time other than tea
  • lauriekk22
    lauriekk22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Got the apple instead of bread as my side at Panera. :)
  • daizzi
    daizzi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am avoiding the donuts in the break room! I love donuts! Go me! I can do this!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    daizzi wrote: »
    I am avoiding the donuts in the break room! I love donuts! Go me! I can do this!

nice going. Unfortunately I have to walk past the little chip bags as I go to the water cooler. We CAN do this!!! Why put those on the counter in the break room? Maybe I can find a space in the cabinets and just tell everyone where they are.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    daizzi wrote: »

nice going. Unfortunately I have to walk past the little chip bags as I go to the water cooler. We CAN do this!!! Why put those on the counter in the break room? Maybe I can find a space in the cabinets and just tell everyone where they are.

A few months ago someone took the initiative to throw all our junk food snacks into a cabinet, and at that point I thought nothing of it. Everyone knows we have those snacks, how would putting them out of sight really help? But now that I'm really watching what I'm eating and purposely avoiding those snacks, I'm super appreciative that they're (mostly) stored out of sight, out of mind. Someone left a bag of Chips Ahoy (which I don't even like) on the counter, and having a stressful day, my initial reaction is to grab and eat them. The struggle is real!!!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I only ate half of the Mr. Goodbar my boss brought to me, logged it and all.
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I chose salad over fries with my panini at lunch
  • mustangEvie
    mustangEvie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Took the stairs!!!
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I logged all my food. I felt guilty because I went way over my calories goal
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I logged all my food. I felt guilty because I went way over my calories goal
    Oh man... this one is tough. I have caught myself nearly skipping out because I didn't want to go over. However, I remind myself that it happened, and lying to MFP doesn't change the actual intake. :smiley: Once you get those numbers plugged in though, it's oddly satisfying. Even if it's also a bummer
  • KpopGrad92
    KpopGrad92 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today I was being lazy with my workout and was just going through the motions. My friend showed up and I decided to kick my butt into gear and restart it and do it right! Old me would have stayed in bed this morning.
  • LisaS472
    LisaS472 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Went grocery shopping and bought tons of fruits and veggies. Also instead of my usual separate snacks for me, and snacks for the kids, I bought stuff that is healthy for all of us (yogurt, nuts, fruit).
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Too lazy to pack what i had planned for today but I managed to scrape up a healthy lunch with similar macros with no cooking. Keeping lots of healthy choices available works.
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I paid real close attention to calories and am visualizing my skinny self . :smile:
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Did a 30 minute zumba routine instead of binge-eating, something I felt coming on due to an emotional day.