• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    it's gross
    Are you going to add anything constructive or just repeat yourself?

I'm just posting my thoughts on the subject. It may not be constructive to you, but that's probably because you're of the opposite opinion. It's okay.

And since it's a debatable subject, I don't think it's justified to flag the post for posting my opinion.

First off, I didn't flag your post, maybe someone else is tired of you. So far your thoughts have been "gross" and "it's gross". You said it once, no need to repeat yourself. Maybe you forgot you already responded. If that's the case, I apologize. Did I say anything the first time you said gross? Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it's constructive.

I didn't say you flagged it. That's why I dropped down a line. If I was accusing you, I would have directed it right at you. You COULD stop taking it so personal though. To be one of the posters that doesn't care what others think, you sure are defensive.

It was in a post directed at me, that's why I took it as an accusation. I'm not taking it personally, I just felt the thread could use less trolling.

I'm a troll because I posted my displeasure in women taking a natural approach to hair growth (twice)?

Nope, you're a troll because I've seen you be one. I find it telling that you choose not to respond to what I've said.

Respond to what you said about what? I will gladly respond to whatever you need me to address.

OR, you can try accepting that not everybody feels the same way as you do regarding hair on women or hair in general. I have enough hair on my back to weave an Indian blanket, but I don't find it very liberating at all. It's gross to me, but I don't have arms long enough to shave it. Sometimes I can talk my wife into doing it.

What else should I respond to?

Did you forget you already posted?
    Did I say anything the first time you posted "gross"?

I accept that not everyone agrees with me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that includes me and you. You do not find your back hair liberating (I doubt my husband does either). At first, I felt empowered by not shaving my legs. Now it's just my way of life. I've not once pressured people into not shaving, only shared my opinion and (hopefully) opened some eyes/minds. An example of being constructive.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    From an evolutionary perspective, what is excessive back hair trying to tell us?

That people with it will be warm come winter?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    it's gross

I'm just posting my thoughts on the subject. It may not be constructive to you, but that's probably because you're of the opposite opinion. It's okay.

And since it's a debatable subject, I don't think it's justified to flag the post for posting my opinion.

First off, I didn't flag your post, maybe someone else is tired of you. So far your thoughts have been "gross" and "it's gross". You said it once, no need to repeat yourself. Maybe you forgot you already responded. If that's the case, I apologize. Did I say anything the first time you said gross? Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it's constructive.

I didn't say you flagged it. That's why I dropped down a line. If I was accusing you, I would have directed it right at you. You COULD stop taking it so personal though. To be one of the posters that doesn't care what others think, you sure are defensive.

It was in a post directed at me, that's why I took it as an accusation. I'm not taking it personally, I just felt the thread could use less trolling.

I'm a troll because I posted my displeasure in women taking a natural approach to hair growth (twice)?

Nope, you're a troll because I've seen you be one. I find it telling that you choose not to respond to what I've said.

Respond to what you said about what? I will gladly respond to whatever you need me to address.

OR, you can try accepting that not everybody feels the same way as you do regarding hair on women or hair in general. I have enough hair on my back to weave an Indian blanket, but I don't find it very liberating at all. It's gross to me, but I don't have arms long enough to shave it. Sometimes I can talk my wife into doing it.

I accept that not everyone agrees with me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that includes me and you. You do not find your back hair liberating (I doubt my husband does either). At first, I felt empowered by not shaving my legs. Now it's just my way of life. I've not once pressured people into not shaving, only shared my opinion and (hopefully) opened some eyes/minds. An example of being constructive.

I don't follow you around to see where all you post, so I don't know if you said anything the first time I posted or not. The glory of the internet is that I can post as many times as I'd like (except for when I'm in MFP jail and have to wait every 150 seconds).

I never said anything about your opinion. If you can accept that is my opinion, why have you called me a troll on two different occasions? Is it SOOO unbelievable that you think I'm just trolling? Another example of being constructive is stating opinions that may not be popular. In this case, me saying it's gross is not the popular opinion and I'm probably considered to be mean or in your words (twice), "a troll." You've repeated yourself now on several occasions. We all know how it's just your way of life now because you've said it more times than I've said, "gross."

If you'd like to move on now with our difference of opinions, we can. No apologies are necessary from you.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »
    From an evolutionary perspective, what is excessive back hair trying to tell us?

That people with it will be warm come winter?

Incogneato should stop fighting this battle and move to North Dakota.

I'd rather just wear a coat.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I look at it the same way I do speech, religion, etc.

The moment I dictate something to you, is the moment you're allowed to return the "favor".

Shave or don't shave. Trim or don't trim. If something as small as that is keeping you from associating with another person, then the problem is you.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    don't shave in the winter; shave in the summer. that's my compromise. Couldn't ever come to terms with the enormous waste of time spent shaving when arms and legs are covered up all day. I wouldn't shave in summer either, except my look is not hippie...it's office professional. I can't quite see hairy legs with gray pencil skirt and heels. In high school I missed out on some summer fun because: spontaneous pool party, and ack! I had 2 day stubble and can't possibly be seen like that! Don't give a flip anymore.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    it's gross

I don't follow you around to see where all you post, so I don't know if you said anything the first time I posted or not. The glory of the internet is that I can post as many times as I'd like (except for when I'm in MFP jail and have to wait every 150 seconds).

I never said anything about your opinion. If you can accept that is my opinion, why have you called me a troll on two different occasions? Is it SOOO unbelievable that you think I'm just trolling? Another example of being constructive is stating opinions that may not be popular. In this case, me saying it's gross is not the popular opinion and I'm probably considered to be mean or in your words (twice), "a troll." You've repeated yourself now on several occasions. We all know how it's just your way of life now because you've said it more times than I've said, "gross."

If you'd like to move on now with our difference of opinions, we can. No apologies are necessary from you.

I'm done with you, that's fine. I only apologize when it's warranted.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    it's gross

I'm done with you, that's fine. I only apologize when it's warranted.

Right, and I said it wasn't. We're good, girl <3
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It's not for me :o
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Shave.....Shave it All !!!!!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Shave.....Shave it All !!!!!

why you got hair on your head then???? bald woman look badass
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    :trollface:
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    LOL..you got flagged for asking incogNEATo_s opinion! I think he thinks it's gross, but I could be mistaken...
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    LOL..you got flagged for asking incogNEATo_s opinion! I think he thinks it's gross, but I could be mistaken...

This is insane.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

This is insane.

This is MFP