New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    OK, I didn't plan on it, but I just tried the Quest chocolate protein crunch bar. It's not very chocolatey at all. Definitely the least impressive of the four I've tried. I thought I got all of them, but now I'm seeing a strawberry flavour. Not sure if I overlooked it or it's a new addition. The cinnamon was by far my favourite, but the waffle was good too, except it had a slight artificial sweetness to it that I also noticed in the peanut butter chocolate one. All four flavours are quite sweet, but I have an intense sweet tooth, so that's not really a problem for me. I will probably buy more cinnamon ones, though the price is still quite painful. I'll try the strawberry at some point! I do want to try the new chips, so I'll probably order a strawberry one then.

I tried the new cheddar and sour cream chips today. The only difference, in my opinion, is there's less flavor dust on them so they're less messy. :) Still really good!

The strawberry protein crunch bar has always been around. I didn't buy those or the chocolate because strawberry doesn't usually interest me much and I've never really liked Quest's chocolate based protein bars so figured I wouldn't like those.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I just tried the Quest peanut butter chocolate protein crunch bar. It's good, but not as good as the cinnamon or waffle ones. The peanut butter taste is just not strong enough for me (a common complaint from me about many peanut butter products) and the chocolate is not that noticeable.

Thanks for review, I am really wanting to try the crunch bars. I am going to wait until they come to stores because I don't want to pay shipping lol.

There are a couple free shipping codes out there if you haven't used them yet.

I used both up so *had* to pay for shipping when I could finally get the protein bars and protein chips. Paying for shipping is against my moral code. :)

I can't find the bars at all on their site. is it quest labs only? I tried to join but they say that it's full or something... Bummer.
    t5el1gkt4gwr.jpg

Apparently available only at Target (judging by the Kodiak Cakes webpage). That's annoying, since there's no Target near me. I'd be curious for reviews if any of you try them!

Hmm. I don't know about those. Might try the chocolate if I find them. Just seems it would limit toppings too much (I don't like fruit and chocolate mixes).
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    20940745_front_a04.png

Enjoying these 80 cal whole wheat & flax wraps atm.

I'll have to check those out. I have had the ones by La Tortilla Factory, but I'm sorta meh about them.

I liked the Tortilla factory much better before they changed the formula! I think I like Tumaro's better though. Never seen the WW ones.
    When did they change the formula? I only tried them once and thought they were pretty good. The price was just too much for me. My favorite is actually just the Flat Out low carb wrap.

A few months back the regular flour ones were 80 calories. Then I couldn't find them for a while, and now they are 70.

I like flat out too though... probably more than the new tortilla factory ones.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    65zjhchv9vqb.jpeg
    never had these before. I love biscuits and gravy and these tasted identical its actually kind of crazy how spot on they are.

Yeah, those are pretty great.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    I don't know how new these are, but I just saw them at my Wegmans last night. The sockeye salmon burger is on my dinner menu tonight!

WegmansSeafoodBurgers.jpg
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this yet? 100 cals / slice - yikes! This is today's Kroger free Friday download.

56213c1688e0d.image.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    I don't know how new these are, but I just saw them at my Wegmans last night. The sockeye salmon burger is on my dinner menu tonight!

WegmansSeafoodBurgers.jpg

Got to try those!
  • MrsMoviestar
    MrsMoviestar Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Question- Has anyone tried the chobani flips yet? I'll probably buy one or two to try when we go grocery shopping this weekend, but I rather get an opinion on how good they are before purchasing them.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    Question- Has anyone tried the chobani flips yet? I'll probably buy one or two to try when we go grocery shopping this weekend, but I rather get an opinion on how good they are before purchasing them.

I like the key lime crumble flip best, but most of them are pretty good.
  • MrsMoviestar
    Options

I like the key lime crumble flip best, but most of them are pretty good.

Thank you!
  • glassyo
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I just tried the Quest peanut butter chocolate protein crunch bar. It's good, but not as good as the cinnamon or waffle ones. The peanut butter taste is just not strong enough for me (a common complaint from me about many peanut butter products) and the chocolate is not that noticeable.

Thanks for review, I am really wanting to try the crunch bars. I am going to wait until they come to stores because I don't want to pay shipping lol.

There are a couple free shipping codes out there if you haven't used them yet.

I used both up so *had* to pay for shipping when I could finally get the protein bars and protein chips. Paying for shipping is against my moral code. :)

I can't find the bars at all on their site. is it quest labs only? I tried to join but they say that it's full or something... Bummer.

Yeah, just for the Quest Labs people so far. They're selling unreleased products and asking for feedback to see what to release next. We still pretty much have to pay full price and shipping so that's kind of a rip but what are you gonna do? :)
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I got off the Quest labs waiting list in one day for what it's worth.

I don't find most Chobani flips to be worth the calories. The only one I really liked was the limited time peppermint flavour.
  • loha2328
    loha2328 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    8cp2ajk3romb.jpg

I bought these at Sam's and I love them.
  • glassyo
    Options
    I got off the Quest labs waiting list in one day for what it's worth.

I don't find most Chobani flips to be worth the calories. The only one I really liked was the limited time peppermint flavour.

LOL me too. Last I heard they're keeping it closed because it was hard for them to keep items in stock or something like that.
  • Francl27
    Options

Just don't eat the 100 ones. It's seriously nasty. But I like them overall, I just like the Oikos Crunch ones better now as they have less calories (170/180 vs 220/240).

For the Quest lab waiting list, I've been waiting for a couple days now. Bummer. Wish I had known about this at the time.
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this yet? 100 cals / slice - yikes! This is today's Kroger free Friday download.

56213c1688e0d.image.jpg

It's a pretty decent loaf of sandwich bread, but that's about it. Nothing special. The 100 calories don't bother me. I'd recommend trying the free loaf. It's very similar to Brownberry or Arnold's homestyle white sandwich bread, but I think it's a little less expensive
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »

56213c1688e0d.image.jpg

I tried this last week. It was really soft, but other than that no better/worse than regular white bread. The ingredients are probably better, but the calories are still just as bad and I can't justify getting it again. Not filling at all, either, so for people like me with black holes for stomachs it's definitely something to avoid.
    t5el1gkt4gwr.jpg

Apparently available only at Target (judging by the Kodiak Cakes webpage). That's annoying, since there's no Target near me. I'd be curious for reviews if any of you try them!

I live near a Target and the moment I found out about these flavors I have been keeping an eye out since I love this brand, but so far no luck, just their regular flavors are being carried! Maybe once they run out they'll get in a shipment, who knows. But if anyone else tries it I'd love to hear your thoughts!
  • MrsMoviestar
    Options

Just don't eat the 100 es. It's seriously nasty. But I like them overall, I just like the Oikos Crunch ones better now as they have less calories (170/180 vs 220/240).

For the Quest lab waiting list, I've been waiting for a couple days now. Bummer. Wish I had known about this at the time.

Thanks Fran!❤
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    No Pudge fudge brownie mix. Mixed it with yogurt. Single servings easy to make in the microwave. Pretty good when added to ice cream.

pd8eppkbaqzx.jpeg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    t5el1gkt4gwr.jpg

Dang, I just picked up a fresh batch of their regular flavor