New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    I just tried the Quest Protein Crunch bar in the waffle flavour. It's great too! (I've previously tried and loved the cinnamon one.) This one has a maple drizzle across the top. It is quite sweet and has a slightly artificial sweetener taste to it, but it's still yummy. The price is still a turn off, since they are more expensive than regular Quest bars but only 40g. But they are a tasty treat for sure.

I feel the need to say that I apparently will probably try that next since I tried the cinnamon protein crunch bar after you did and then the blueberry muffin protein bar (my god, it really *was* sticky!) and the waffle protein crunch bar was really the one thing I truly wanted to try. :)

<----who really liked the size and thickness of the crunch bars
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    fishshark wrote: »
    ieptpywaiq86.jpeg
    i like beer so i really wana try this!

I love most and all of Ben and Jerry's flavors. However, I just didn't get enough of the beer flavor through, and too much salted caramel. It was good, but wasn't quite up to high expectations. Maybe I'll have to try it again to see.
  • hookem34
    hookem34 Posts: 1 Member
    I've been taking a ketone supplement (beta hyroxybuterate and MCT powder) for a bout 6 weeks. Most noticeable differences are fewer cravings, less stiffness and more sustained energy. Really like it so far.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    ASH_DVM wrote: »
    ieptpywaiq86.jpeg

I love most and all of Ben and Jerry's flavors. However, I just didn't get enough of the beer flavor through, and too much salted caramel. It was good, but wasn't quite up to high expectations. Maybe I'll have to try it again to see.

damit it haha. i was so excited! i love beer and ice cream.. i often put chocolate ice cream in guiness. maybe il pass then
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    ASH_DVM wrote: »
    ieptpywaiq86.jpeg

damit it haha. i was so excited! i love beer and ice cream.. i often put chocolate ice cream in guiness. maybe il pass then
    If you're ever in Texas, I think the bourbon pecan pie flavor has decent alcohol flavors.

My opinion is probably crap cause I don't really drink.

• kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2016
    20940745_front_a04.png

Enjoying these 80 cal whole wheat & flax wraps atm.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    I just tried the Quest peanut butter chocolate protein crunch bar. It's good, but not as good as the cinnamon or waffle ones. The peanut butter taste is just not strong enough for me (a common complaint from me about many peanut butter products) and the chocolate is not that noticeable.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    PaulaS1220 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Reminds me.

nabisco-good-thins-go-to-movie-large-10.jpg

Had a coupon for a free box so I got the potato original ones.

Meh. Can't see myself wasting more calories on that.

I got the spinach/garlic and sweet potato (BOGO). They weren't bad, and I thought the serving was big for 130 calories.

We tried those flavors + the chickpea one. The sweet potato was my favorite. I agree - surprised at the 'big' serving size.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I just tried the Quest peanut butter chocolate protein crunch bar. It's good, but not as good as the cinnamon or waffle ones. The peanut butter taste is just not strong enough for me (a common complaint from me about many peanut butter products) and the chocolate is not that noticeable.

Thanks for review, I am really wanting to try the crunch bars. I am going to wait until they come to stores because I don't want to pay shipping lol.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    20940745_front_a04.png

I'll have to check those out. I have had the ones by La Tortilla Factory, but I'm sorta meh about them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    20940745_front_a04.png

I'll have to check those out. I have had the ones by La Tortilla Factory, but I'm sorta meh about them.

I liked the Tortilla factory much better before they changed the formula! I think I like Tumaro's better though. Never seen the WW ones.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member

Thanks for review, I am really wanting to try the crunch bars. I am going to wait until they come to stores because I don't want to pay shipping lol.

There are a couple free shipping codes out there if you haven't used them yet.

I used both up so *had* to pay for shipping when I could finally get the protein bars and protein chips. Paying for shipping is against my moral code. :)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    65zjhchv9vqb.jpeg
    never had these before. I love biscuits and gravy and these tasted identical its actually kind of crazy how spot on they are.
  • mathandcats
    OK, I didn't plan on it, but I just tried the Quest chocolate protein crunch bar. It's not very chocolatey at all. Definitely the least impressive of the four I've tried. I thought I got all of them, but now I'm seeing a strawberry flavour. Not sure if I overlooked it or it's a new addition. The cinnamon was by far my favourite, but the waffle was good too, except it had a slight artificial sweetness to it that I also noticed in the peanut butter chocolate one. All four flavours are quite sweet, but I have an intense sweet tooth, so that's not really a problem for me. I will probably buy more cinnamon ones, though the price is still quite painful. I'll try the strawberry at some point! I do want to try the new chips, so I'll probably order a strawberry one then.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2016
    Francl27 wrote: »
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    20940745_front_a04.png

I liked the Tortilla factory much better before they changed the formula! I think I like Tumaro's better though. Never seen the WW ones.
    When did they change the formula? I only tried them once and thought they were pretty good. The price was just too much for me. My favorite is actually just the Flat Out low carb wrap.
    65zjhchv9vqb.jpeg
    never had these before. I love biscuits and gravy and these tasted identical its actually kind of crazy how spot on they are.
    I really wish I got the chance to try these or the fry flavors. I only tried the crappy sandwich and gyro flavors. :s

• cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    65zjhchv9vqb.jpeg
    I really wish I got the chance to try these or the fry flavors. I only tried the crappy sandwich and gyro flavors. :s

The only flavor I liked was the biscuits and gravy! So good! I tried one and whoa, I was surprised how similar they tasted to the real thing. It was a three way tie for my least favorite flavor. I couldn't eat more than one of the truffle chips.
  • mathandcats
    t5el1gkt4gwr.jpg

Apparently available only at Target (judging by the Kodiak Cakes webpage). That's annoying, since there's no Target near me. I'd be curious for reviews if any of you try them!