Why is being a stripper bad?

Options
alleyneagle193
alleyneagle193 Posts: 23 Member
I've been wondering why being a stripper is bad because I honestly want to be a stripper. They make really good money and can wear really cute clothes. I see nothing morally wrong with being a stripper unless you have kids... Then you should probably get a better job. What do you think?

Replies

• alleyneagle193
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    whats wrong with being a stripper with kids?

nothing

Well I'd just think that since smaller kids have the possibility of not understanding correctly what their mom is doing it could get the kids in more trouble than it's worth. I wouldn't want to have my job exposed to my kid whose around 2-5 bc it's hard to properly explain what you're doing and why. But that's my opinion.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    All excellent responses above. In my opinion, it is definitely not a great option long term. I personally know two women that have high paying jobs because they paid their way through college working as a stripper. However, it is not realistic to think it is something you can do for 10 to 20 years and make a good living at it.
  • alleyneagle193
    Options
    All excellent responses above. In my opinion, it is definitely not a great option long term. I personally know two women that have high paying jobs because they paid their way through college working as a stripper. However, it is not realistic to think it is something you can do for 10 to 20 years and make a good living at it.

I agree I don't believe it's a good long term job to keep but it is definitely a helpful job if you can pull it off.
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I know 4 ladies who stripped to pay for school. One is now a nurse, one is a respiratory therapist, one is a pilot, and the other dropped out.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong in it, if I was younger I'd have no problems doing it xx
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it, if it is your choice and you enjoy it. What I do see a problem with is when women are pressured into it by a controlling boyfriend that is profiting on the woman's situation.

I'll run by the bank and get some dollar bills if you go through with it.
  • alleyneagle193
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it, if it is your choice and you enjoy it. What I do see a problem with is when women are pressured into it by a controlling boyfriend that is profiting on the woman's situation.

I'll run by the bank and get some dollar bills if you go through with it.

• alleyneagle193
    Options
    All right I'll make sure I try to make it happen. It's nice to have a fan already. Lol
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    whats wrong with being a stripper with kids?

nothing

Well I'd just think that since smaller kids have the possibility of not understanding correctly what their mom is doing it could get the kids in more trouble than it's worth. I wouldn't want to have my job exposed to my kid whose around 2-5 bc it's hard to properly explain what you're doing and why. But that's my opinion.

Meh, smaller kids really don't care what mommy and/or daddy do for a living. With a kid that young, you just tell them that mommy is a dancer. Not even a lie.