P90X Classic Starting June 6th, Who's in?

Options

Replies

• NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fell off my nutrition wagon at a friends bbq last night... 2 smores and 4 margaritas were on my mind this a.m., so I went 'off schedule' and subbed in plyometrics/ab ripper session rather than back & legs today. Really needed to purge the poison from my body and my mind! Don't do that often, but I figured Prof. Horton would understand ;)

Tomorrow, back to the regularly scheduled program... Kenpo X! (and possibly legs & back since my kiddos have summer camp until 1pm... hmmm.)

So, do you guys sub in alternative workouts on occasion? Or is it just me?

Cheers!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options

Cheers!

i do...but not often . depends if i have the patience for yoga on thursday's. i sub it for something cardio.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Cheers!

i do...but not often . depends if i have the patience for yoga on thursday's. i sub it for something cardio.

Yoga is usually the first thing I will kick aside. If it weren't 90 minutes I wouldn't mind. I think this time through I will be doing Kenpo that day, or maybe even Core Syn. Unless I'm feeling like I need a break.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Started recovery week today! Did NOT do the yoga though since I already get up at 4:30 in the morning to work out. I did Cardio X and was drenched! I may do something else tonight like take a walk or something....depends on the weather....supposed to be MORE severe storms.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet (although I get more and more tempted to skip yoga...), but I'm going to have to do some shuffling the next two weeks. I'm going out of town for 4 days, and I don't want to be a rude guest while staying at my friends house, and make our whole visit be me exercising! So I think I'm going to replace wednesdays stretching with yoga to free up the weekend, and then move my starting of round two until tuesday night when I get home. If I have no rest day that sunday, I'll be back on track!
    Hoping to get my friend to exercise as much as possible with me, whether it be walks or runs, or whatever. Maybe hitting the gym some! I'll take my computer with me, in case I end up having time to workout, or a gym to work out in.

If I feel like I need more exercise on a particular day, I usually add another cardio workout, as opposed to subbing out. I'm trying to stick with the program as much as possible... ;-! (even if it means yawning through yoga... lol)

Oh! And I bought protein powder! Wow! What a difference it makes in my day! And it tastes exactly like chocolate milk. Yummy. So great.
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Can't wait to start recovery week! I have been feeling pretty worn out lately so maybe that means I need some "Recovery"? Also, I'm upping my protein intake which will hopefully help with the energy.

Are you guys planning to take 30 day pictures?? I'm excited to see my results!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    I would love to sub Yoga for all the wrong reasons. I just hate those damn vinyasas. It's long, but if time becomes an issue, I do the first 45 min. and skip the balancing part and go to the end for some ab work.
  • CardioKara
    Options
    Hi! I just joined and I also am starting P90X. Which one is your favorite workout? My first one is after work tonight...I'd love to hear some thoughts!
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to start recovery week! I have been feeling pretty worn out lately so maybe that means I need some "Recovery"? Also, I'm upping my protein intake which will hopefully help with the energy.

Are you guys planning to take 30 day pictures?? I'm excited to see my results!
    I am planning on taking the pictures, all though I'm not really expecting to see too much results wise. The scale has only budged a few lbs, and I've only lost fractions of inches.. I know I'm stronger though, so looking forward to bigger changes next round!

Hope adding more protein works for you! It did wonders for me - my mood, and energy levels have been way better the few days I added a protein shake after workout. I'm trying to do a shake that contains approx. 1/2 - 1/4 the calories of what I burned during my workout, and around 10 - 30 grams of protein, combined with carbs, depending on intensity of workout, and strength training vs. cardio...
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked-in in a few days, but it looks like everyone else has been keeping busy with the program too. I think yall are a big part of my motivation, i dont want to have to come back here and know yall have been giving 100% while i had been slacking.

Started Phase 2 today, and this was my first time to do Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. kicked my butt, although i found myself having to hit pause cause i wanted to watch them do the moves first so i could have an idea of what weight to use. my HRM only logged 415 calories burned for the workout, not including ab ripper. does that seem right?

Questions:
    I felt this workout much more in my triceps and shoulders than in my chest. Could this be because my chest is stronger than the other two and my arms and shoulders are having to catch up or could it be i wasnt doing the chest moves right?

my HRM only logged 415 calories burned for the workout, not including ab ripper. does that seem right?

i really felt this workout was more tricep and shoulder involved. any thoughts?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked-in in a few days, but it looks like everyone else has been keeping busy with the program too. I think yall are a big part of my motivation, i dont want to have to come back here and know yall have been giving 100% while i had been slacking.

Started Phase 2 today, and this was my first time to do Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. kicked my butt, although i found myself having to hit pause cause i wanted to watch them do the moves first so i could have an idea of what weight to use. my HRM only logged 415 calories burned for the workout, not including ab ripper. does that seem right?

Questions:
    I felt this workout much more in my triceps and shoulders than in my chest. Could this be because my chest is stronger than the other two and my arms and shoulders are having to catch up or could it be i wasnt doing the chest moves right?

my HRM only logged 415 calories burned for the workout, not including ab ripper. does that seem right?

i really felt this workout was more tricep and shoulder involved. any thoughts?
    415 burned seems quite reasonable.

I agree with you on the shoulders and tricpes, I don't like the workout that much for that reason. My triceps tend to fail well before my chest would. Wait till back and biceps, your biceps will be fried.
  • melleyd
    Options
    Hi! I just joined and I also am starting P90X. Which one is your favorite workout? My first one is after work tonight...I'd love to hear some thoughts!

Kenpo X is by far my favorite workout!! I do like all the strength training ones too. But with Kenpo, you get to kick some serious butt! I imagine I am kicking and punching the devil in the face!!!!!! lol
  • melleyd
    Options
    I would love to sub Yoga for all the wrong reasons. I just hate those damn vinyasas.

That's why I sub it!! lol
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Day 22/90 is done ...i sub for yoga today did 55 mins of cardio .
  • DeadZip2010
    Options
    With Chest, Shoulders and Triceps it seemed like the reps or the weights just kept getting lower and lower. Is that how Back & Biceps will work as well?
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 (rcovery week) and it was YogaX tonight but just did not have the time so I did CardioX instead. I like yoga but it is just too long and did not have the tim since I wored late tonight.
  • DeadZip2010
    Options
    How do we post pictures on here? Today is my day 30 and I know im going to ttake them but I wasnt sure if I was going to or how to put them up.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    With Chest, Shoulders and Triceps it seemed like the reps or the weights just kept getting lower and lower. Is that how Back & Biceps will work as well?

I would say yes, mainly because when you do back exercises your biceps also get worked so when it is time to lift with them they are already worked. By the end of the workout I can barely bend my arms.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    How do we post pictures on here? Today is my day 30 and I know im going to ttake them but I wasnt sure if I was going to or how to put them up.

I uploaded mine from Photobucket. Though I believe you have to change the "IMG" to "img" when you copy the link.
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Good morning! Anyone do the "core syngeristics" yet? For those without HRM's how did you log it? Ok here I go...