May 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I got annoyed because I had to change my planned route for tomorrow's easy run.....because of a wild fire.....never mind preplanning for evacuation...the darn fire messed up my running plan.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I'm going to need a place for all these shoes though. :confused:
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

seeing the Glycerin 13 on sale for $120 really tempted me, but I jut bought my mom a pair of ghosts, so I'm not allowed to buy another pair until I kill a pair...my First pegasus are at just over 100 miles....it could be a while
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options

seeing the Glycerin 13 on sale for $120 really tempted me, but I jut bought my mom a pair of ghosts, so I'm not allowed to buy another pair until I kill a pair...my First pegasus are at just over 100 miles....it could be a while
    I need to enforce a shoe ban for the rest of the year. I'm pretty sure I can go the rest of the year without wearing through the stock of shoes on hand.

No more shoes.

I mean it.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    I need to enforce a shoe ban for the rest of the year. I'm pretty sure I can go the rest of the year without wearing through the stock of shoes on hand.

No more shoes.

I mean it.

I said the same thing....after my second pair.....
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I think I just had a "you know you're addicted to running when..." type of moment.

http://angryjogger.com/quiz-time-25-signs-that-you-may-be-addicted-to-running-how-will-you-fare.html
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited May 2016
    Options
    20+

I honestly can't remember the last time I played tiddlywinks.
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    May 03      4.2T     4.2  
    May 04      4.2T     8.4 
    May 06      5.1     13.5 
    May 07      8.2     21.7 
    May 08      5.6     27.3 
    May 09      4.2     31.5 

exercise.png

Bonus run! My son, a college freshman and former high school XC captain, surprised me by asking if I wanted to go out for a few miles. Always a fun, relaxed run, and an opportunity to compare our theories about Game of Thrones!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    I think I just had a "you know you're addicted to running when..." type of moment.

http://angryjogger.com/quiz-time-25-signs-that-you-may-be-addicted-to-running-how-will-you-fare.html

Got a 19......soon, oh so soon, I'll be all the way there
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options

No more shoes.

I mean it.

So, I am seriously considering working a part-time job on the weekends at the shoe store. Running takes over everything.

Another three today - outside this time, which was awesome, although the heat and dehydration has my red-hot face currently looking striped red and white. Lovely me. :blush: I have the worst complexion after a summer run - like, "oooh boy, she might be dead, but wait - there's too much blotchy bright red in her face for that."

exercise.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

No more shoes.

I mean it.
    That's what I have been saying since February - 2 HM's and 3 or was it 4? pairs of new kicks - they all went for test runs and then are safely snuggled up in their box's in the bottom of my closet, behind my Suit ( I'm not hiding them Honestly >:) )
    The problem - I just registered for the Fall 10km Roots and Ruts Trail race. My friend Lisa who owns the Running Store told me that the route has changed from last year and it has some new Gnarly Single Track Terrain. Some of it is so nasty they can't even get ATV's in for rescue and there will be limited Water stations because of this.
    We all know what that means. I need new Trail Shoes - must resisssssst.

@ddmom0811 KC & the Sunshine band song, "Boogie Shoes"? ear worm ahhhh its stuck now. :D
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Non-running check in: Today was an extra rest day. If I were to run, I'd be lopsided. That's a recipe for making things worse. So . . . made the appointment with the PT. Hope that's the right professional to talk to.

This could get old really, really fast. In fact, it's already old. And I only got 18 of 25 on the Addicted to Running quiz.
  • heatherdonovan3
    heatherdonovan3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    May 2nd-Day 1 of C25K-2 miles
    May 7th- Day 2 of C25K-2 miles

Last week was a slow start to my goal off 25 miles this month. I'll aiming to run tomorrow, Friday & Sunday this week.
  • CChen8520
    CChen8520 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5/1 25 min spinning, no run
    5/2 3.9 miles
    5/3 4.2 miles
    5/5 4.5 miles - this is how far I can get in a full hour!
    5/6 2.8 miles
    5/9 4.56 miles

Thanks for the advice on races everyone! I did sign up for a 4 miler at the end of June. I will make up my opinion on future races after finish this one :)

exercise.png

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    CChen8520 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice on races everyone! I did sign up for a 4 miler at the end of June. I will make up my opinion on future races after finish this one :)

@CChen8520 Don't let One Race be your Guideline for whether you will do more events.
    It could turn into a Badly organized-supported event, recently @9voice9 and @mls100771 had bad event experiences. Thankfully with the power of the internet/social media bad events quickly disappear.

I will repeat something that @Stoshew71 said which is take a look at last years results to get an idea of where you fit in the finishing times. I use this to help me pick an approximate starting place. If my time puts me in the top 50 I try to pick a spot in the starting corral where about 50-70 people are in front of me. If it puts me in the bottom 50 I find the back of the pack and go from there.

At my first event I did not look at the previous years results and started to far back in the pack and had to do lots of passing to get past the slower participants/walkers. I was upset with myself - not the race director/organizers. I only have about a dozen events behind me and I haven't had a bad experience yet, unless you count the time our club did the Beer Olympics on a Friday Night and then running a HM in the morning.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Non-running check in: Today was an extra rest day. If I were to run, I'd be lopsided. That's a recipe for making things worse. So . . . made the appointment with the PT. Hope that's the right professional to talk to.

This could get old really, really fast. In fact, it's already old. And I only got 18 of 25 on the Addicted to Running quiz.

It is very old. There are too many hours in the day. I'm restless. So restless. Now food is entertainment. Sleep is entertainment. I'm agressive and whiny. Everything that not running is torture. How do non-runners deal? What was life like before I ran? Will I ever feel the breeze on my face, sun on my shoulders, strength in my legs, will I ever have that sense of accomplishment again? Will I ever belong with the runners? who am I?

Is this injury crazies?
    I got 18/25 on the running addict. I'm miserable.

@MobyCarp Hope the PT helps. good luck
  • 19MotherRunner80
    19MotherRunner80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5 miles today...

exercise.png
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    May Goal: Run just a scootch more than last month...

5/1 deep mucking of the chicken coop and environs
    5/2 4.0
    5/3 life day
    5/4 7.54
    5/5 snorkel 3.5hours
    5/6 3.21
    5/7 4.05
    5/8 rest
    5/9 4.05

Total 22.85

@ everyone with injuries: I'm sorry and wish you all quick healing. I guess that either I'm too stoopid to know I'm injured or figure that because I'm so old and decrepit that I'm SUPPOSED to hurt all over all the time...

Upcoming races:
    6/26 SHEPower Virtual 1/2 marathon
    11/13 Las Vegas Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon

Ticker is my goal for 2016 and accumulation to date:
    exercise.png