Why is being a stripper bad?

Replies

• Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    I've been wondering why being a stripper is bad because I honestly want to be a stripper. They make really good money and can wear really cute clothes. I see nothing morally wrong with being a stripper unless you have kids... Then you should probably get a better job. What do you think?

Being a stripper isn't bad. It's no one's business what you do as a profession. If you are a dancer and love what you do, do it. Don't look for acceptance from others. If they aren't paying your bills, they have 0 opinion.

For those who think they can have an opinion of what you want to do for money, they're jealous.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    I find that paying off student loans is crazy sexy, hot. I knew this girl: and she was a great dancer, and she was totally ripped, and she got a student loan to pay for college, and now, she has like: a great job, where she is respected and she is surrounded by friends and family that respect her and her life choices. Just an option. It's not for everyone.

PS- she is salary and bonus eligible so, she purchases all the "cute clothes" you can possibly imagine, girl! Stay in school.

You know what I find crazy sexy hot ?? Never having a student loan in the first place..

I never did and graduated with a BA that I paid on my own by waiting tables in steakhouses.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    This thread is proof to me that society is doomed ......
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Tsartele wrote: »
    I find that paying off student loans is crazy sexy, hot. I knew this girl: and she was a great dancer, and she was totally ripped, and she got a student loan to pay for college, and now, she has like: a great job, where she is respected and she is surrounded by friends and family that respect her and her life choices. Just an option. It's not for everyone.

PS- she is salary and bonus eligible so, she purchases all the "cute clothes" you can possibly imagine, girl! Stay in school.

You know what I find crazy sexy hot ?? Never having a student loan in the first place..

I never did and graduated with a BA that I paid on my own by waiting tables in steakhouses.

You could have made more money at Hooters

tumblr_m7f3o1J38F1rafupso1_1280.png
  • chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    I had two stripper roommates in college, and they finished college in a lot less debt than I did. My vote is there's nothing wrong with it. Neither one of them did it after college, so they did ultimately decide that they didn't want to do it long term.
  • alleyneagle193
    alleyneagle193 Posts: 23 Member
    Well just to add another opinion 1. No this isn't a troll I seriously wanted to know what others thought about it but I'm busy. 2. I don't have time to read and participate. I do it when I can. But this has only been a bucket list idea for college I have no intentions of doing it long term but it's something I want to try and my family is okay with it. 3. I don't want to work at hooters because I don't want to work in the food industry.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited May 2016
    Well just to add another opinion 1. No this isn't a troll I seriously wanted to know what others thought about it but I'm busy. 2. I don't have time to read and participate. I do it when I can. But this has only been a bucket list idea for college I have no intentions of doing it long term but it's something I want to try and my family is okay with it. 3. I don't want to work at hooters because I don't want to work in the food industry.

Terrible place, it's pernicious and the gateway drug to worse places - you could end up working in ... a bank or something.

Wait, don't most burlesque and strip places serve drinks ... and food?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member

Terrible place, it's pernicious and the gateway drug to worse places - you could end up working in ... a bank or something.

Wait, don't most burlesque and strip places serve drinks ... and food?

Duh she'd be a stripper not a food server.
    I think more though needs to go into this Career move. Seems thsts lots of what she won't do but not much of what she will. Maybe Broadway is a better plan....Oooh but you need years of training. Darn
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    I'd recommend connecting with other strippers on LinkedIn and/or creating a profile on StripperJobs.com.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member

This is impressive. I'd say classy.

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Maybe she wants to be a wallpaper stripper? An exotic interior designer?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    salembambi wrote: »
    ok hold up did i just read that only trashy strippers actually strip?

ymzz7570sii0.jpg

LOL..How did Harris and Trudeau end up in this conversation..did I miss a page? Are they stripping now too, or just going to do the pole?
  • JustMissTracy
    synchkat wrote: »
    jnichel wrote: »
    finny11122 wrote: »
    finny11122 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWcEZAahL8

I had to post this , couldnt help myself hahaha

It's Tina sings about it then it's A-OK! :)

Call over to me at 9 tonight . Id like a private dance from you Ali ;-)

I'll be elbow deep in cake frosting by then so might be a little sticky!

Will there be a video stream of this?

Talk to @finny11122 apparently he's the one paying for my dance.

wait....is frosting classy? I need to know I'm a classy broad after all

Yes, frosting is classy! Especially chocolate!
  • JustMissTracy
    I've been wondering why being a stripper is bad because I honestly want to be a stripper. They make really good money and can wear really cute clothes. I see nothing morally wrong with being a stripper unless you have kids... Then you should probably get a better job. What do you think?

Your young enough to be my daughter so let me explain this too you as if I was talking to my daughter. Your young and beautiful but you do not yet have the life experience of someone who is older and who has been around the block a few times. I believe that you are much more valuable than to let yourself be drawn into that world. It is a very dark world filled with many unsavory characters who are looking to only use you and take advantage of you. My of these women, whom I have know personally, have drug habits and end up doing things much worse than stripping .. like prostitution and worse.

Even if it didn't lead to drugs and prostitution why would you want to lower yourself to be someone who is objectified and treated like a piece of meat. Many of these women have lasting emotional and psychological damage from their experiences in strip clubs and bars. They are left feeling empty and broken inside. Some have even been followed after work and raped or even killed. You have to understand the male mind to be able to comprehend what you are opening yourself up to. If a man is paying you to take off your clothes than you are of absolutely no value to him.. you are the lowest form of life around. That means for some that they develop a feeling of possession over you and can demonstrate stalkerish behavior. It can end up being a nightmare that you might not wake up from.

You also should consider your long term future. Stripping is not really a path way to success.. the money will not last forever and what are you going to do when your looks fade ? Everyone ages and nothing stays the same. I would encourage your to goto college and get an education that will help you earn a living for the rest of your life.

You should also think about your future husband or kids and how you might feel if they ever found out that their mom was a stripper. Everything goes on the internet today and once its out there it stays out there.. think about your family today.. your mother and your father.. Have you considered how much you might hurt them if they found out what you are doing ?

Paternalism at its best.
    Didn't we do a mansplaining thread earlier?

"Think of the men!" sheez dude, really?

In a nut shell think of your clientele and how you will be viewed.. think of the danger. If that is wrong I never want to be right !!!

All well and good, but you aren't her father or even have an inkling of what she has or has not as a life experience. All that is just presumption paternalistic BS.

I mean you seem to know many women personally that are strippers, drug addicts and prostitutes. Or so you say. What kind of moral code are you navigating that places you in close personal association but at the same type hypercritical of the self-determination of what and how a young woman positions her body.

Are you truly criticising the profession from the close proximity of experience? That's like a john critiquing the "hooker lifestyle".

Just for the record I have a close personal friend who I grew up with who chose this lifestyle and I visited a few establishments when I was younger. So that is my frame of reference. To be honest I am really shocked that anyone would take issue with someone who was advising her to take the high road. Maybe you would want your daughter, sister or mother to work in one of these places ??? I think not.. but I could be wrong. At 18 years old how much life exp could anyone really have ?? Let alone the maturity to make such decisions. I wish her the best of luck.

Nicely said.