Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 sorry to hear about your mom. Sending positive vibes your way!

I didn't get around to measurements this weekend but I am down a few pounds. Finally made it to ONEderland!!

The other upside this weekend...I've still been holding out buying new jeans, but I want to get at least 1 pair that fit right for my vacation so I went and tried on more this weekend. My favorite jeans are boyfriend cut from The Limited...tried on a 12 and they fit no problem, actually were big. They have a little stretch to them so I know as I wear them they will get bigger.....so I need at least a 10! Lol bad news....they didn't have one. Boo!

But I'm making progress! Looking forward to working out later today.
  • cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The feeling of going down a size in jeans is wonderful! can you order a pair in your size online?
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    I looked online and they didn't have the exact pair I tried on....different color that I'm not crazy about, but I'm debating on whether or not I should just get it anyway. I feel like The Limited doesn't release boyfriend cut jeans often, and when they do they sell out!

Ill probably end up getting them!

• ReecyCGB
    ReecyCGB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 Sorry to hear about your mum, hope all goes well and she has a speedy recovery.
  • Kayla103
    Kayla103 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today starts week 5 for me! It is basically a week of Total Body Circuit (yikes!). This weekend was filled with junk food and being away (so fast food galore). I tried to choose healthy options wherever we went, but not always easy. So I feel like I'm exhausted and dragging today (and not just because it is Monday either).

Does anyone else feel like they have more energy during the day after they started doing T25? I usually do it in the evenings, but the next day I feel so energetic and overall better than when I have weekends like this. Some weekends I'd work out on Sunday because I couldn't take not doing anything. Mind you I don't do double days on Friday because I don't feel like throwing up on my carpet (I've come close). That probably means my results won't be as good as others, but at least I know I won't have stains on the floor, haha!

Best wishes on another week everyone!
  • Kayla103
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 sorry to hear about your mom!
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sorry another newb question...does the program have a warm up/cool down each workout or should I be ready to just jump right in at the start? :)
  • Kayla103
    Options
    Sorry another newb question...does the program have a warm up/cool down each workout or should I be ready to just jump right in at the start? :)

No warm-up, but there is a cool down in each one :-)
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Beta - Dynamic Core done. Felt a lot harder than it did last week, but made it through.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Alpha Cardio first workout done! It was great... next time I will go even harder. I followed the others maybe 40% but mostly Tania. Room to improve FOR sure! :) Burned 230 calories.
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @Heartlight441 Nice work! You will modify less as you go on, get checking in and keep us updated on your progress!
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 I hope your mom is feeling better! Sending positive vibes your way :)

I had to take a couple rest days during the week lastweek because it's time for exams and I'm going crazy studying.. Yesterday I started with week 2 of Alpha, Cardio. It was worse than the first time I did it, I had a runny nose and a headache but I made it through. Had to stop a couple times and use Tania at the end but at least i finished it.

And yea @Kayla103 the same thing is happening to me.. I am better at energy (even tho I slept too little :sweat: ) and in general I'm noticing if i eat too many processed or even heavy food before working out the work out becomes significantly harder to do ..

I gotta do better at eating good foods for sure.. with all this studying all my meals have become brunch/breakfast/toasts or cookies kinda thing.. Hopefully this week I'll do better
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your kind words. I've tried to keep logging foods in here even bad on the go ones. I did fit in my workouts to catch up and it's actually making me feel better keeping busy with them. My mum is stable and responding well to antibiotics but cause of infection in the liver duct cannot be treated due to her M.S and physical strength. Family are just praying that she will pull through naturally which is a possibility (she is a strong woman).

It's fantastic to see everyone doing so well and sticking with it. I'm onto week 5 this week it was ab intervals today. I've lost weight but I don't think it's due to the workouts. Who knows? If I have time I will swing by the gym this evening and get my body fat % checked after hospital.

I definitely feel I have more energy than normal and am managing to cope better overall right now mainly due to t25. It also lifts my mood right after a workout. Although I did suffer at work Monday evening doing sport massage clients as I just completley zoned out and had energy drain.. had to move the last ones over to next week.

My partner has taken on to cooking for me every meal and making me eat so I'm not 100% sure what is entering my body lol!! (He's very slim and just never gains an lb of weight and yet can eat whatever he wants). But I'm trying to log it all regardless.

Great news to all starting so glad there are more of us going through the challenges of this programme. Today I managed alot more of the ab intervals than normal and sweated alot more.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    So a quick update :smile: I managed to get to the gym, again with jeans and jumper on so actually more accurate except first time I did earlier morning this time was after quite a big lunch except for that exactly one week apart. I don't know how to put in a picture but here's the results; (important ones)

End of week 3 / End of week 4
    Weight: 71.3kg / 70.8kg
    Fat %: 34.9 / 33.2% Fat Mass: 24.9kg / 23.5kg
    Muscle Mass: 44.0kg / 44.9kg
    Bmr gone up by around 20calories.
    Bmi: 24.7 / 24.5
    Visceral fat: 4 / 4
    Metabolic Age: 43 / 39
    Degree of obesity: 12.1% / 11.3%

All in all fat % still in +
    BMI high end of healthy
    Muscle mass now just above average in 0 range
    Bmr gone into - from 0 range

• Kayla103
    Options
    So a quick update :smile: I managed to get to the gym, again with jeans and jumper on so actually more accurate except first time I did earlier morning this time was after quite a big lunch except for that exactly one week apart. I don't know how to put in a picture but here's the results; (important ones)

BMI high end of healthy

Rachel, how do you get all the information from the gym? I'd love to be able to do that.
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Awesome job in a week!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Kayla103 - we have quite great body builders gym locally.. he can do measurements capillary etc. And they have a machine you can go in and they use on you.. costs only £1.50 here to get your updates and I've decided to get them done weekly regardless of results - u can have ultrasound ones or step on scales that use pulses through muscle to see what going on :smiley: (im sure if you phone up a gym and ask one near you they will do the same). At home I was finding it hard to get info. and do it right and left it til very late in programme when i think the first 3weeks were most noticable. My weight is up and down then stable but this way I can now monitor if fat loss is happening and if I am building muscle which I hope since the scale stays static for awhile before it drops! I heard with body composition workouts like focus t25 this is the best way to assess your results aswell as inches.
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    In a weight loss program I used to do they offered a dexa scan that provided that type of information as part of the program. But if you wanted more than the one that was included per month it was quite costly. I haven't had one of those type scans in years...that's a good idea of trying to contact local gyms to see if anybody does them at a reasonable cost. I'll have to look into that!

On the workout front....I did Core Cardio, and I might be unavailable tomorrow night so I went ahead and did tomorrow's Ript Circuit just in case!
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

BMI high end of healthy

Great stuff! You are nailing it!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @motivatedsister - That made me laugh, I can't wait to get to Beta now. Well done for doing to on one day I'm nowhere near that fit or brave yet. Even double up days I do fri/sat.. I think it helps since I struggle eating the right healthy foods to get alot of calories back. How is Beta working out for you so far? Do you know what you will do after?

As for the gym that's exactly what he has.. alot of choices depending on the money you want to spend on it.. he told me they are all similar in accuracy it just depends how strict you want to calculate the changes. Once you find one you can rely on (like/afford) and do it your get a good idea what's going on in your body and more accurate then your at home scales. Im pretty sure even the boots scales in the store will give you a better understanding. Let us know if you find one anywhere.

@kittehkitteh88 thanks I was quite surprised at the week results considering I ate poorly on Saturday way too much on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and split my exercises up into odd days. Just think it's nice to record weekly and other people can have a look what's going on for someone.