40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    That is gorgeous, sdereski!

Isn't it? It is 3km from my home. I have to drive over that bridge to get to town, so I get to see it a couple of time every day. Never get tired of the view. :)
  • sdereski
    Options
    10k run and 30 min strength training yesterday. It was a good day. :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 2 & Resistance 3"=Done!
  • abbyweaver1975
    abbyweaver1975 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I would love to join this group. What do I do? I'm 40 years old and have been trying to lose weight for a couple of years now. I grew up being the bean pole of the group. I was maybe 105 sopping wet when I became pregnant with my first child 20 years ago. Now, 20 years later, I am 187 pounds and miserable. I lost about 35 pounds about 5 years ago and felt great. I was doing well until I started having neck problems around the holidays and had to stop working out until I got that straightened out. I really honestly am at a lost right now. I am trying to get back on track with exercising (before injury - 4 times a week for about an hour). My real problem is food. I CANNOT get it under control. I don't know what to do. My husband works so hard to make sure I eat right but I just seem to screw it up constantly. Maybe joining here will help that. Nice to meet ya'll!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Another good strength training workout and a terrible 5k run yesterday. The run kicked my butt.

Welcome newbies. Don't have to do anything special to join - just keep coming back and post! :)
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Beautiful place you live @sdereski! And doesn't running just always throw a curve- never sure if you have wings attached to your feet or cement shoes.

45 minute run- easy pace. 10k on Saturday- a hilly trail run. Won my age group there a few years ago but now I'm 49 in the 40-49ers. They'll be some fast kids that just left their 30s behind. Just another reason to look forward to turning 50!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,942 Member
    Options

My (new-to-me) gyno will perform laproscopic surgery to remove the mass, plus my right ovary, plus both fallopian tubes. No date, yet, but likely in six weeks. After it is out they biopsy the mass and we go from there. The gyno said that in his experience, and the fact the blood markers are "negative", 85% likelihood this is NOT cancer.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 2, Cardio 3 & Core 2"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 , that sounds like positive news! Gonna be a long 6 weeks though, keep lifting and staying positive.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 3 & Resistance 1"=Done!
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hello,

I'm a 40 year old bachelor living in the Rotten Apple. I eat paleo style on a strict 60 / 35 / 5 ratio. Lost 35 or so pounds and want to lose another 40 pounds of fat but I want to gain 10 or more pounds in muscle getting there. Basically I want to cut my body fat % in 1/2.

I lost the first 35 pounds through a very low calorie intake so weight lifting and eating clean are my thing.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 best wishes for the surgery glad to hear that they can do it laproscopically.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks, tojo...it is good news, for now. :)

I did my cardio class, today.

Now, if I could find a surefire way to eliminate bloat, I would be sooooo relieved!
  • 60to35
    Options
    10k trail run. Felt the best today!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 3, Cardio 1 & Core 2"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    REST=Done!
  • 60to35
    Options
    Legs today. I can already feel it in the flutes.