• Artemis2121
    Artemis2121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    :-D

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,633 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Thanks all for the encouragement with relationships, I really don’t think I would have the courage to make all the changes I have if I did not have all of you! I know you’ve got my back. Thanks!!!!

Karen from NY - I am so sorry to hear your friend made such a big error, could she go back and admit the truth and beg forgiveness? It might not save her job, but might make her feel better about who she is

Busy day, ate crappy, but tomorrow is another day! I went to a garden club meeting and just got home with a crazy head ache – which I NEVER get… hmmm water, and a bit of headache salve and headed to bed.

Love ya all!
    Kim from N. California
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Wish i could get motivated enough to do some exercise. 2 years ago i was a gym rat and 130 pounds lighter when i was off work in disability. That was my 'job' , getting healthy and strong soi could go back to work. The process of going back to work and the first year working again, was so stressful i gained all the weigjt back. Now i am so exhausted after working 4 12 hour shifts and overtime on my days off, i rarely get any extra exercise other cutting the lawns and gardening. I do get a fair bit of walking done at work but that is not enougj. I am getting a trailer hitch amd a bike rack so hopefully that will encourage me to try biking again

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Over 12,500 steps today and more than 13,000 Tuesday. Very good for me.

Janetr 0kc
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Karen - I understand your frustration. Fessing up is the only solution, but you can't do it for her. You will have to tell her you can't get involved. :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Almost there, sale's tomorrow. DH stayed with me last night, but didn't help how much I slept. He won't be here for the early part of the sale (Big doings at the ranch, over a hundred guests) so I'm so glad I asked the two friends to help.

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning this morning...

Joyce, I'm sorry it ended up being worse than a dry socket. Never even knew you could have OA of the jaw.

DH, pretty accurate picture of my nights.

Love y'all
    Lisa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Joyce~ so sorry about the diagnosis , try and take it easy.. alot of things like that have to do with your bite, and alot of health issues stem from the mouth... if it was a lower tooth especially a molar they take much longer to heal.. and upper ones near sinus can give issues too. hear is hoping that something can be done..
    I am in the Dog house with Tom, but when aren't I ? :neutral: he got home Chester tried jumping in his lap and we though he sliced Chester's eyeball with the way the dog jumped up and the way Toms hand was.. then it started bleeding, which freaked us both out... well he has a small ulcer on his eyelid and I guess that ruptured and was the source of the bleeding ,took him to vet ,and all was well thank goodness..
    so got him home and settled and heated up Toms dinner and ran out for about an hour , 2 of my high school teachers are retiring at the end of the school year.. now i havent been in school for a long time.. so they had a small reception in the high school library for them, came home and Tom was in a snit.. think he was mad that I ran out for a bit, still not talking to me.. Homer is having tummy troubles and will probably need to go to the vet also..
    except for painting the closet and one outlet in Taliah's room, that room is set... and the ceiling in Tracy's room is in need of getting done, will help with that...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @Janetr OKC

Thanks for words of encouragement. Made me laugh! I think I have lost 1500lbs also! Maybe that's what I will say when people ask me how much weight I have lost (which I don't always wish to share but feel awkward b/c I know they are well meaning and honestly interested).

Since there is another Karen on this thread, I think I will go by:

KarenH from Virginia
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    welcome to all the Karen's!!!

I go by Karen from NY and the ladies here are super supportive. Keep logging and checking in. I can't write often but when I do it seems to help

Thanks to all those that chimed in about my coworker crisis. The saga is not over but I am stepping back and not absorbing the guilt or at least trying to ignore it and get on with my professional life. DH is being such a support, offering his advice and listening carefully to me. How far we have come. What a blessing!!

His first piece of advice was: go the gym and take care of myself!! So you bet that is where I will go today
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    :)Karen from Virginia, I have maintained my weight loss for a long time. I started on MFP in 2009 and have continued to participate in this thread and sometimes others as well as weighing, measuring, and logging food and exercise. You mentioned changing your relationship with food. For me, I found that using food for recreation, entertainment, or comfort was dangerous. Now I meet my friends for a walk rather than for a meal. At home I prepare very basic food and don't vary too much. I gave up my reputation as the baker of the greatest chocolate chip cookies in the world. I became more active and dramatically reduced the amount of time I spend knitting. I hope you'll keep coming back and sharing your progress and the things you learn along the way.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

146200.png
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @barbiecat I like your style. And your word for 2016.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. Hope all is well here. this week has been full of meetings and I just go home exhausted. today is no different, meetings from 9=4. Ugh!

At least the sun is shining and it is beautiful outside. Tonight we are having our traditional post A1C Mexican feast! Even with weeks of steroids and immobility, my A1C was still only 6.5%. So tonight is the dinner where I can indulge in tortilla chips and margaritas and enchiladas without worry. My dietician approves, by the way!

I got dismissed by neurosurgery, so that's a positive sign. I only have 1 more PT appointment then will be dismissed there too. I'm at about 95%; there are only 2 small places where I still have some slight numbness.

DH had a long visit with DD#2 2 nights ago. She claimed to be totally oblivious that children should at least pay some attention to their parent on mothers day/fathers day but that is certainly not the way she was raised. We always made a big deal out of family celebrations. I still haven't heard from her. She also had lots of complaints about me such as I bought DD#2 a new car (nope, leased it for $3700 because DD#1 never paid her back for her car loan so she had no money to buy a car with and she's paying us back). She seems to forget we paid all her maternity and delivery bills; when DH reminded her of that she appeared totally stunned. Even though she brought all those bills to us herself. She is also mad we gave DD#2 $1000 for school last year; she "forgot" she got that same amount of money when she was admitted to the cosmetology school. So I just don't know what to think.

She did complain mightily about having to be on time at our events. Well when several people are involved, the hostess has to specify times, and when you have reservations, you have to show up on time. When you are cooking, you have to know when to put food in the oven! She simply doesn't understand that. So DH suggested that if I ask them over for 5 and that doesn't work, why not say "we can't come at 5 but could be there by 6, is that ok?". She had never even considered that.

OK that's enough of that; it gives me heartburn thinking of it. I'm still not sure what to do about fathers day which is coming up.

I hope all of you are doing well and now I have to wander off to our first meeting of the day, bleh. Take care all Meg from Omaha

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have plans to go to the coast today for an overnight, but DGD got sick yesterday and I wonder whether we will cancel the reservations. We will see as the morning progresses. Right now I'm the only one who is up. :flowerforyou::
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -
    today I was planning on riding to/from work but forgot I had to take yogi for his followup visit to the doc so I had to drive. oh well.... it would have been over 1k cal burn today :0(

stat for the day
    SKI MACHINE- 30min, 143mhr, grad hill climb program, 2.42mi = 308c
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Charleen gorgeous waterfall.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ Congrats on all those steps! :) I am elated that for two days in a row I have walked almost a mile....mainly because it is too hot to walk the Pom later in the day.

Meg ~ Sorry you are going through all this with DD#1. Sometimes I feel lucky to have only one child because he always knows that he is #1 with us.

Katla ~ Hope your DGC feels better and you can go to the coast.

NY Karen ~ Know what you are going through with your co-worker. The last year I taught, a gal that I had known for over 27 years was involved in an accident on the play ground and tried to sue the school/county. She kept calling me and wanting to talk and I kept putting her off. In the end, because I had befriended her, I was placed in a position that made me decided to retire even though I was not mentally ready to do so.

I am returning grass seed to BJ's today and will go to Lowes to get another kind to fill in some bare spots in my yard. The folks that cut our zosia have been scalping it on the low ends of the lawn. I and my DH have spoken to them about raising the blades but it doesn't seem to sink in. We hand planted this grass as sprigs and it spread beautifully all over the front yard. It was a lot of work and hate having to deal with this.

Carol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    skeuhn48 - when you say PCP, i think of the drug, what does your PCP mean. where r u in WA, i'm in Tacoma

I am supposed to run 12mi tomorrow, thinking about running outside, the treadmill only goes up to 2 hrs max and I may take longer than 2 hrs to run the 12. we'll c
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone. 38 years with the love of my life today! Started out with exercise and moving on to yard work. :) I have to burn the calories that I'm sure to eat tonight at dinner.

Welcome to everyone new. Howdy to everyone "old"

Marcelyn
    Celebrating in Houston