Do "waist belts" actually help?

Replies

• actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Then why the aggressive responses towards everyone who replied saying that the belt doesn't work? Also we've been asking you to clarify which statement is condescending and to explain why you feel it is, yet you've continued to refuse. I'm literally just here for the show hun.

Not all of them were aggressive tho??? But go ahead and pick the ones that are convenient for your argument
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2016
    do you guys type kitten or does it automatically appear if you type certain words?

It's an automatic filter for certain curse words.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    do you guys type kitten or does it automatically appear if you type certain words?

It's an automatic filter for certain curse words.

ta. i did wonder
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member

I was wondering the same thing. It's kind of irritating. I assume it's a system replacement but the first couple of times I read it I thought it was the poster trying to be cutesy.

If you quote the post in question you'll see the real word.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

This isn't the same thing though? Lol
  • actualbettycrocker

Except the part where you were given a straight answer with a little humor thrown in to emphasize the point and proceeded to accuse people of being condescending (basically calling them meanies).

That was basically the same.

The part where the OP of the other thread realized that the "mean people" were actually being helpful...yeah, that part still isn't the same over here yet.
    Hopefully you'll realize it soon though.

The people in this community who most often get accused of being mean or rude or condescending are actually the most helpful people here because they're actually dedicating their time to inform others about facts. Whereas, people like the poster from page 1 who basically said "They're great! I can't wait to get mine!" aren't helping anyone at all. They're just perpetuating the cycle of misinformation.

But there's a way to give facts without being rude........you don't have to be rude to just give facts.
  • actualbettycrocker
    MissusMoon wrote: »

Except the part where you were given a straight answer with a little humor thrown in to emphasize the point and proceeded to accuse people of being condescending (basically calling them meanies).

The part where the OP of the other thread realized that the "mean people" were actually being helpful...yeah, that part still isn't the same over here yet.

The people in this community who most often get accused of being mean or rude or condescending are actually the most helpful people here because they're actually dedicating their time to inform others about facts. Whereas, people like the poster from page 1 who basically said "They're great! I can't wait to get mine!" aren't helping anyone at all. They're just perpetuating the cycle of misinformation.

But there's a way to give facts without being rude........you don't have to be rude to just give facts.

k6v44c5gbz49.jpg

Or!!! Here's a concept: just ignore me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Lolz.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    What did you decide to do with the belt in the end?
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2016
    I have some loose pants, and I wear a belt with them to hold them up. It's pretty effective. Maybe not as good as suspenders, but I haven't tried those yet. That would be a new look.

41PY2FD9E5L._SX300_.jpg
  • actualbettycrocker
    The possibilities are endless!
    1.) Wear it once, sweat all over it, and sell it online to a sketchy site
    2.) Use it as a slingshot to send stuff into the Hudson.
    3.) Burn it in the woods near the freshmen dorms
    4.) Sacfifice it to Artemis to send her into a rage to have her promptly murder me
    5.) Sell it on my school's flea market page
    6.) Rip it off mid argument and throw it to cause a distraction
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member

k6v44c5gbz49.jpg

Or you know, you could keep being mad at random people on the internet.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    The possibilities are endless!
    1.) Wear it once, sweat all over it, and sell it online to a sketchy site
    2.) Use it as a slingshot to send stuff into the Hudson.
    3.) Burn it in the woods near the freshmen dorms
    4.) Sacfifice it to Artemis to send her into a rage to have her promptly murder me
    5.) Sell it on my school's flea market page
    6.) Rip it off mid argument and throw it to cause a distraction

For some reason, I'm really liking option 6...
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

I know this has already been addressed, but sometimes I will type in kitten now, just because it's such an absurd replacement. It was rolled out on April 1, so I assumed it was an April Fool's joke, or that the site had been hacked. Now it's become more of a joke, and still not completely convinced that it wasn't a hack that hasn't been fixed. Other times, I type in the forbidden word, because I know the filth filter will swap it. If it has the * around it, it is usually a swap, otherwise, it was typed in as kitten.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member

k6v44c5gbz49.jpg

If we had simply just ignored you. this would be a thread about how no one answers your questions and are rude by ignoring you, instead of you attacking others over non condescending posts. I love how hard you're trying. Waited all day for wifi to see this.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Wait,@actualbettycrocker, I got this:

*stretches fingers/cracks knuckles*

@jessef593 That wouldn't have happened, THO?!?!