Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dr Katie: Hooray for onederland! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    With only one dose of water pill in my system, I lost 8 pounds! I haven't tried to do anything like going up and don the stairs with laundry in my arms to see if I am not as short of breath.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Slja2013
    Slja2013 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Second strength training workout for the week beginning in a few minutes. Good thing I did not go heavy weights on Tuesday since I have ALOT of muscles I have not spoken to in a very long time and they are all screaming at me today! I have vowed not to listen to their pleas and proceed to workout. I have no real pain just some soreness at a level I expected when beginning a new workout after such a looonnnggg lay off.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,614 Member
    Options
    oh, I forgot to mention something....

the Y that I workout at is closing at the end of May to September for renovations and the university Y up the street is going to open earlier and the classes will move over there for that time. there's a younger lady that I got to start taking spin classes and even got her to buy some shoes w/clips (she doesn't ride outside) for a better workout. she does the spin classes mon, wed & fri. she usually swims on tues n thurs. the other Y doesn't have a pool so she was wondering what she was going to do for those two days. I offered to workout with her. I would guess she's in her 3mid late 30's or 40's and over 200 maybe. she immediately said, I don't know, I'm not as good as you and I won't b able to keep up. I immediately told her to stop saying that. any exercises we did I would have her modify and it will be well worth it and I wouldn't expect her to go at my speed. plus I told her on Thursday I do my shoulder exercises which would still benefit her because they also work the core and other muscles, then she got excited. so I will have a temp workout buddy to teach again.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Dr Katie: Hooray for onederland! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

I love that term; I learned it here. :wink: I'm sooo close, myself... but stalled out... :neutral: Well done, Dr Katie! :star::heart:

Larisa
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Pip - that's great that you will have a new trainee work out buddy. My cleaning lady lives next door to me, she's 44 and becoming like another daughter to me. She already has a degree in physical therapy and is now working on personal trainer. She told me this morning that she wants to start a walking group here in our area and wants me to do it with her. I'm very excited. Also, last week when she was here cleaning, we got talking about my weight resistance training so I was showing her some of the stuff I've been doing, she was pretty surprised I could do all of that. I guess because of my age (older than her mother) and that I've had both knees replaced. I am finally down 3 1/2 lbs in the last two weeks and can definitely tell that my stomach is getting much flatter. I think its flatter than its been since my fist daughter was born almost 42 years ago. :) FEELS GOOD!!

You are such in inspiration to all of us. Thanks

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited May 2016
    Options
    DJ (Janet #1) Thanks, this picture was taken when we were in Branson last September.

Janetr OKC

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,071 Member
    Options
    Clairblue2

That is why I save old blankets, sheets, and towels. I use them to cover when I have already planted and the temps get too low. We had a night of 34 degrees last week. The only thing that got damaged was our astilbe and it was because that was not covered. The damage was minor. At first I couldn't figure out why some tips were dry and curled. Then I remembered the cold snap we had.
    \
    :heart: Margaret
  • Katla49
    Options
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Oh, the frost nights... When I read about Lenora not putting shrubs out too early, and Claire planning her garden with great care, and Margaret tucking her plants in on cold spring nights, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. I'm still at the stage where I'm turning over the soil! With luck I'll be able to sow the very first seeds tomorrow or the next day.

Luckily, I've got midnight sun so the plants grow 24/7 once they've sprouted. But I do have to go for the hardy ones that thrive at low temperatures. Arugula and lettuce and carrots and dill. Or those mixes of Asian greens! They're mainly members of the cabbage family and are real masochists. Bury them in an inch of snow in late July and they stand up even taller and beg for more.

I turned over the sod in a substantial section of my plot this morning, then the sun came out and the temperature shot up to 9.5°C (almost 50°F) so I just had to go running. Burned mucho calories today!

/Penny
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Penny - that's almost as warm as Oklahoma City, we only got to 61F today due to a rainy cold spell and I'm freezing :)

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,753 Member
    Options
    well in for the night,
    I am back from a wake, was one of the moms of a childhood friend, she was very active in town and her and her daughter started bears on a journey , making bears for cancer patients, there is a group of about 20 women at the senior center will keep that going...
    almost 12,000 steps and im tired... a good tired,but tired,, not going to be able to get much done over the next 5 days , because I have to watch Faith, and she is a sneaky pete, will have to stay close... but still have to do things here at the house,,, will have to do that when she is napping, thank goodness they are only about 3 miles away from the house...
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    DJ ~ You are a very uplifting person and we all love you!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Joyce – Went to see my Neurologist today about the seizure I had last Thursday. According to the tests, my Dilantin and Lamictal levels were low. He is going to up my Lamictal from 200mg twice a day, to 300mg twice a day. Not going to increase the Dilantin. I go to have the levels tested in 2 weeks; have a F/U appointment in 6 months, depending on what the levels are when I get them done. Thinking about you and the tests you have had. Hopefully, increasing the Lamictal will prevent me from having any seizures. Not sure why I had the seizures unless the wreck just ended up making the levels too low to prevent it. I did not have a seizure before, during, or immediately after the wreck.

CJ – No, I definitely did NOT need a seizure. It means a 6-month driving restriction. That means any appointment I have needs to be made in the early AM, so that DH can drive me into town. Had one with Neurologist today. I had only seen him back in February – and had been seizure-free for 3 years. Got to have a ‘level’ check of seizure meds in 2 weeks and a F/U in 6 months unless something is wrong with the levels of the meds. He is a new Neurologist for me; the old one moved to Atlanta. He was much easier to talk to today. The last 2 times I had seen him he did not have much to say. This time he sat and talked to me, that made me feel much better.

Medblair – Neurologist spent a lot more time with me today. Upped my Lamictal and kept my Dilantin the same. Got to go in, in 2 weeks to have ‘levels’ checked. Then he will call me if I need to come in. F/U scheduled for December. When one is on Dilantin … they have to be ‘weaned’ off it. My Neurologist had tried taking me off it, but, every time it got to 135mg in my body, I’d have a seizure; so she put me back on 200mg a day, added the Lamictal and I had not had any seizures until last Thursday.

Gee, I don’t know why this occurred; but, when I went into MFP today, it took me way back before my last 2 or 3 postings. I guess it has to do with my laptop being in the shop. Just got it back after 2 weeks. It is like having a totally new one. Replaced the keyboard and did something to the HD.

Whoops, I have answered these before. For some reason, when I opened up my laptop, it took me back several posts before my last one. Yes, I will probably be on Dilantin for the rest of my life. But, at a fairly low dosage compared to what it had been. Lamictal is being upped by a total of 200mg per day. It’s possible that the Neurologist might wean me off it and up the Lamictal even more. He sat and talked to me far more than he had since I started going to him. I think I am going to end up liking him.

Clairblue – Now that we have glassed-in our screen porch, I can buy plants as early as they come out and plant them later in the yard. I just have to make sure that the pecan trees have started leafing out. But, how tempting it is to want to get out in the garden as soon as we have our first warm spell.

When DH and DOS came to pick me up at BF's condo, someone had put her 'picked' Gerber Daisies on the doorstep with a note 'apologizing' that daughter had picked them. Gee, I don't know why they did not put them 'in water'. But, at least they apologized. Reminded me of the time I pick daffodils out of the garden of our neighbor, and, Mother took me over there to give them back to her and apologize. She and I became fast friends. She was probably about 89; and, after that would bring over cloverleaf yeast rolls to us. My goodness, how I loved Mrs. Goolsby. She had all sorts of pictures hanging in her bedroom. Her only son had moved to San Francisco; and when the Big Earthquake came, they never heard from him again. All they could figure was that he had been killed during it. That was always so 'sad to me'.

Now waiting for a cup of coffee and a snack.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Went to see my mom in the nursing home yesterday and sad to see that she is going downhill mentally and physically. She is being sent to a gastroenterologist soon due to unexplained bleeding. She has gained a lot (and I mean a lot) of weight. Due to her dementia, whatever they put on her plate she eats it all. My mom has always been a very pretty woman and to see this happening is heart breaking.

I know exactly what you are going thru, I am experiencing the same thing with my mother. We are here to lean on each other.

Chris in Ma

Same here, very hard to see. I miss my mom, hard to change the relationship. Gayle Minneapolis
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,959 Member
    Options
    517049zmdkjrcqj5.gifDJ, I am happy to hear that you have returned to your line dance class. It's hard to catch up again when you've missed a few weeks.

smiley-happy110.gifdr.katie, congrats on your weight loss

2157045gp85zev8ri.gifslja2013, good job on strength training....your muscles are thanking you for taking such good care of them and your whole body

939317lvgeckihki.gifJanetOKC...you are an inspiration to all of us with your strength training and now with a new walking group

weight-lifting-smiley-emoticon.gifPip, you'll be a great training partner and mentor to the woman at the Y...you are so right to tell her to stop worrying about keeping up with you...all training can be modified.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness
  • Katla49
    edited May 2016
    Options
    DJ: It is great to see you posting again! :flowerforyou: