WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2016

Options

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Hi All: Had a perfect morning for working outside. It was cool and cloudy but not raining. We have put the horses out in the front pasture and they are happy with the extra grass. My old girl laid down in the middle and had a nice nap.

Pip - That wooden bike is really cool. What kind of wood is it made out of and how much does it weigh?

CJ - Hope things look up soon and I am with some of the others, tell us about the professional high.

Welcome to those that are new. Come in and hang out when you can. Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    Skuehn48- bike is maple and walnut, about as light as a road bike. Made in the USA wood grown in the US too
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Pip, that bike is beautiful!
    Lenora, it sounds like your week was rough enough for a battalion of folks...sure hope you can catch a breather soon!
    Barbie, I know it must have hurt to lose those trees, but safety is important. Hugs!
    Michele, the dress is lovely!
    Welcome to the new people and good luck to all of us.
    Got up before dawn for a photo class field trip and since I am not a morning person I managed to lose somebody else's tripod part and one of my own earrings. But it was lovely otherwise. Got to walk leisurely for a very long time.
    Betty
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    :) I sent a message to Vicki from Grand Island, NE....and she replied....she has been having a lot of stuff going on including injuring herself in a fall but she says she'll be back with us soon.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    16,000 steps
    220 minutes of dog walking
    60 minutes garden puttering

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
    Strong Lifts with dumbbells
    sumo squats 3 X 10 @ 30 lbs
    bench press 3 X 10 @ 40 lbs
    dumbbell row 5X5 @ 60 lbs
    kettle bell swing 3 X 10 @ 20 lbs

<3 Barbie from beautiful rainy NW Washington
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbie - thanks so much for the news from Vicki. Glad she is ok after her fall.

Janetr okc
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My car is still in the shop so I'm driving around in a Porche. BF lent it to me, he is quite wonderful and I'm having a blast!

Chris in MA
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    WOW, I have gotten myself into a rat hole. I decided to make a comment on a stores face book site about an opinion of something i didn't like. Lots of trolls came out to tell me what they thought of me. I know I probably should have just left it at that but I wanted to show them that a person can react in respect and calmly. UMMM, it didn't help. I know that this is why some of you don't do face book. I think social media can play a big part and I try to respect that. I will just comment that I have said my viewpoint and am aware that not everyone agrees with me and that is what the good ol' USA is all about. And then I will respectfully leave and let the trolls find some one else to attack and then never make another comment on a stores face book site about a policy I don't agree with. My oldest daughter messaged me that I should just delete my comment because it might stress me out to much reading the comments completely degrading me and calling me every name in the book. But it doesn't. I said what I believe in and was proud of it. I know how these trolls even try to make a person feel worse by commenting on any grammatical error so I am double checking that. My nephew came to my rescue after one comment and he is continuing. I have told him that although I appreciate him taking up for me, that I worry about how stressed he will get.

High dose Advil is helping my jaw or maybe it is the combination of this very soft diet that after 3 days I am very tired of. I want my chicken and pork chop. Charlie has his colonoscopy Monday so we went and got stuff for his clear liquids tomorrow.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    OMG! I went to work 14 hours ago and came home and there are 60 new posts on this thread! WOWZA! I have found my thread.

@GRITSandSLUTS - Lenora, thank you for even reading my post, much less replying to it, given what you are dealing with. With friends like that, who needs enemies? And the hell with bras, anyway. They're overrated.

I'm pooped after being on my feet all day, going to eat some nice Greek yogurt and raspberries to finish out my food diary for the day.

I am going to enjoy this journey so much more for having found all of you lovely people.

Karen in Virginia
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Karen in Virginia~ Yep we all have the "gift for gab"!! It's nice to be a part of this group, part of a feminine collective. I feel powerful with you all :-)
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Chris in MA~ Oooh la-la...a Porsche!! I am impressed with mystery guy already!
    Becca
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @barbiecat Barbie - Brandy & Sasha are lovely! We are only allowed 3 adult dogs, but what the heck.
    I have 4.

@cityjaneLondon Heather UK - that Bea! I could eat her up. What a doll!

@Annr Becca Oregon - gift for gab is right! plus lots of genuine caring...

Karen in Virginia

• pipcd34
    Options
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    A happy and sad day today. One of my neighbors passed away this week (lost her battle with cancer) and her funeral was today. She was a young 34yrs old. It was a lovely service and we (the neighbors) will be there for her grieving husband. They had been married only 3 years. She received her diagonisis 3 weeks before their wedding day. They made the most of the time they had together and he loves her very much.

Being retired I spend my days in blue jeans and t-shirts. I rarely need to dress up anymore.

Today I pulled out a pair of dress pants that 3 months ago were too tight to wear but a year ago I could wear. Today I climbed in them and they were comfortable. Not tight or stretched at all. Better fit than a year ago!

I have not weighed myself in a year because I hated how heavy I had become. So I adopted a different way to monitor my weight loss journey. I call it the waistband method. If the waistband is tight on my jeans, I must of gained weight. If they fit lose or looser, than I must of lost weight. If pants I haven't put on fit that I know are smaller than my current jeans, it means I am on the right track.

I could have worn those dress slacks all day and still been as comfortable as I am in my blue jeans.

A sad and happy day. God gained another angel <3 , I realized I have lost weight.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Charleen - I believe that's Long's Peak located in Rocky Mountain National Park. Trail Ridge Road goes over this peak into Grand Lake. It's the highest continuous pass in the United States. Pikes Peak is located south of there, to the southwest of Colorado Springs.

After I lost 125# two years ago, I hiked to the top of the peak from Trail Ridge. dqf42zfwo7i2.jpg

Janetr OKC
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi Janet,

You are correct. Had a brain fart and corrected my post after re-reading it. You look fab in your Longs Peak hike photo!

Charleen in Colorado (not lost, just tired)
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Charleen - I know that feeling lol After your bad/good day I certainly understand. I just lost my 34 year old step daughter two weeks ago. She had not been ill at all, her heart just stopped. They called it stress related. She was a single mom from 15 years of age. Left an 18 year old son, a high school senior. It was such a shock and very sad. Thanks for the comment on the picture. :)

Janetr OKC (Denver native, transplanted to OK 15 years ago)